Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 10:27:16 AM EDT
And these people are the ones teaching our kids?!?

It may be true but you DON'T say this kind of stuff to 5 year old kids.

[pissed]

[url]http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/ny-bc-nj--kindergartengradu0619jun19,0,3909429.story?coll=ny-ap-regional-wire[/url]

Some relatives upset over vice principal's remarks at kindergarten graduation

June 19, 2003, 8:59 AM EDT

ASBURY PARK, N.J. -- Some relatives were angry after a vice principal told children at a kindergarten graduation to stand during the ceremony to symbolize the number of students who wouldn't graduate high school because of alcohol, drugs or pregnancy.

Paul J. Banik Jr. made the comments Wednesday at the Bangs Avenue Elementary School.

"Whatever point he was trying to get across, he seemed to be saying these kids wouldn't make it at all," Sherri Stanard, whose niece was graduating, told the Asbury Park Press. "But you don't do this on the morning that these little 5- and 6-year-old kids are having the moment of their life."

Howard Mednick, the school's principal, said Banik did not mean to imply the children at the graduation wouldn't make it through school. Mednick said, however, that he was unhappy about the remarks and spoke to Banik about it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
What the hell is "kindergarten graduation?"
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
NJ is THE superfund state. More toxic waste dumps per capita than any other state in the union.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
NJ is THE superfund state. More toxic waste dumps per capita than any other state in the union.
View Quote
[b] and that is what is in the water[/b]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know, but it's sure f*cked-up alot of people over there...
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminds me of a joke:

Q. Why does California have the most lawyers and New Jersey has the most toxic waste dumps?
A. Jersey got first pick.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]
So do they have Kindergarden graduation parties? What percentage of the kindergardeners didn't graduate?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:39:34 AM EDT
[#7]
If you have  been to Asbury Park in the last fifteen to twenty years this wouldn't upset you. This isn't the place Springsteen was singing about. Looks like a bad part of the Bronx with a beach! Nothing open on the Boardwalk, streets deserted, buildings in disrepair. Very sad indeed. This was a great place in the 60's.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#8]
You are right, I do hate people from new jersey.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
One of the biggest regrets of my life was when I chose to drop out of kindergarten and never getting to graduate with my class. Those were some of the best years of my life...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
This on top of having the absolute worst drivers in America, LOL
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#11]
NJ: a place where one needs a license, a buying permit, and a waiting period, to buy a flintlock musket. Even Massachusetts isn't THAT stupid.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Huh? Waiting period? Must be another NJ you are talking about. You shouldn't be so critical of another state, ya'all do have the kennedy clan ther don't ya? Mmmmmm...fresh water.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#13]
The truth hurts...the vice principal is obviously sick of seeing it happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top