Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/14/2016 10:21:59 AM EDT
Link here

To make a long story short, back around fall 2015, after Exxon stopped all funding to Hillary's crooked bullshit foundation, she then demanded federal investigation of the company.  Tillerson wanted nothing more to do with it.  So why would Exxon support the foundation and then suddenly stop?  Well, remember late 2015 some news started coming out which began outing all the crap Hillary's foundation was doing. 

And now, Tillerson is in the SoS spot.  He and Trump most likely discussed these factors during their meeting.

Trump is a trolling messiah!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Interezting.

they started pushing the Russia angle again right as it became public that Tillerman was picked for the job.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
any ideas what his views are on Syria?  the Iran Deal?  the rest of the Middle East?

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I've read the guy is pro abortion and pro homosexual.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Tillerson....

No he is the exact opposite of that.

And those issues matter not for Sec. of State
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you GAY, No but We are willing to learn

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who gives a fuck?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

So?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
any ideas what his views are on Syria?  the Iran Deal?  the rest of the Middle East?
View Quote

This.  I mean does anyone actually know what his views are on anything?  I don't know anything about the guy outside of his Exxon experiences.....
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So?

It isn't true but to me those are both character faults as they show a massive lack of logical reasoning.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It isn't true but to me those are both character faults as they show a massive lack of logical reasoning.
View Quote

We are our own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I could give a shit who people want to have sex with as long as it's all consenting adults.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good thing he's not running for a religious office then.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

A person is gay. Ergo,... what?

Give me an example of your logical reasoning. Write it as a syllogism so those of us with a massive lack of ignorance can understand.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Who gives a fuck?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who gives a fuck?

This.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Who gives a fuck?
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Read more, post less.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So?

Or a different starting point on the reasoning.   I'm not pro abortion, but as a small l libertarian I think it should be legal but discouraged.  If someone wants one they or their insurance can pay for it.  I shouldn't have to pay for someone to have one.   I don't care one way or another if someone is gay, but I've known some really good people who are gay.   That matters about as much as their height or their skin color.  The problem isn't their sexual orientation.  It's the activists who are in your face demanding we do things their way.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep
View Quote

This.  I could care less what our SoS thinks about these topics.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why we can not have nice things...
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Give me an example of your logical reasoning. Write it as a syllogism so those of us with a massive lack of ignorance can understand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can kill a baby 3 months before it is born and get nothing.  Do it 3 months after and you get a life sentence.  Also, how is this in line with "do no harm"?

Two guys can cross words or pound each in the ass or whatever until the end of time.  They will never reproduce.  They are nothing more than an anomaly in the course of existence, a brief blip that will vanish quickly and leave no (genetic) legacy.  Not to be praised, applauded, special rules made for, or to force the masses to accept with open arms like "pro-homosexual" activists want.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This.  I mean does anyone actually know what his views are on anything?  I don't know anything about the guy outside of his Exxon experiences.....
View Quote

When you get to that level of eliteness (?), you have been groomed and selected for years by the company and it's company men.
They would play ball with the devil if it benefitted them or the company; and of that you should have no doubt.  
I couldn't tell you if he was a good man or not; what I have seen of these type guys is they couldn't give a fuck less of what you or I thought about anything.
And that attitude starts way lower on their food chain.  We are beneath them in their eyes.  

That's not to say they're not good at their job.
But if it comes to their well being or yours; you're going to lose out. Period. Every time.
They'll fill you full of bs, give you the pep talk, talk about teamwork; but the truth is, you (we) aren't part of the team; "they" are the team, we are minions.
"They" won't be jumping on the grenade if it comes down to it.

I'm not saying that he wouldn't be very beneficial on a SoS negotiating team; but I would really like to have J. Bolton as lead SoS.  
I still think he would have very strong ties to ExxonMobil afterward. Backroom deals with FHRC, that's probably not the only backroom deals that were made.
There's a little saying about Exxon (look at a logo); the sign of the doublecross. Its not far from the truth.  
Course some will just call that high stakes corporate bidness.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#23]
I have read one article stating Tillerson lobbied the Boy Scouts of America to let gay Scouts and gay adult leaders be in the BSA.  I do not know whether this is true or not, and I don't know whether it was when he was BSA President or not.  But if he did push BSA to let gay Scouts and gay adult leaders in, then I am pissed off at him.  BSA was working perfectly fine and did not need to do that.

I'm not anti-gay in any way.  But at the same time, it is pure social engineering within an organization that has religious and moral standards that do not necessarily approve of homosexuality.  And letting openly gay adult leaders into Scouting puts Scouts at risk without doing anything to reinforce Scout Oath or Scout Law.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

We talk about how the democrats can't learn from their mistakes, yet most conservatives are no better.  Conservatives have seriously damaged their chances of winning national elections over abortion and gay rights. This thread is a fine example of it.

Stay on target with civil rights, fiscal conservatism, law and order, smart foreign policy and you'll be golden.  Start slipping back into the 80's mold of anti abortion and anti gay rights and you'll lose women and young people by the droves.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#25]
All I know for sure is it is a much better pick than who Hillary would be appointing to the same spot about now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We talk about how the democrats can't learn from their mistakes, yet most conservatives are no better.  Conservatives have seriously damaged their chances of winning national elections over abortion and gay rights. This thread is a fine example of it.

Stay on target with civil rights, fiscal conservatism, law and order, smart foreign policy and you'll be golden.  Start slipping back into the 80's mold of anti abortion and anti gay rights and you'll lose women and young people by the droves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm more of a libertarian/anarchist really.

I hate to see any politician champion ANY minority group, be it indians, blacks, gays/miscellaneous weirdos or whoever.  As veteran, I'm also sick of all the veterans joining the FSA and don't like seeing people use us to advance their causes either.

As far as abortion goes who defines when life begins?  That is the crux of the issue.  Taking a holesaw to a person at the earliest stages of development and sucking the pieces out with a vacuum seems a pretty crude and uncivilized method (government sanctioned) of killing a US citizen.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have nothing to back this up, so take it for what its worth (nothing).
I was talking to a guy originally from Syria and he had relatives both in the Assad government and family with the rebels.
He was told that Exxon was working for the government drilling for oil in guarded fenced compounds in Syria.  
During all this mess in Syria, he has lost about 60% of his relatives.  And there is nothing he can do about it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

One of the reasons Trump won the election is he didn't hammer those issues like a typical Republican.

The vast majority of people don't give a shit anymore.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So?

LOL

Ok, Mr. Spock, explain to the class how getting your panties in a twist over homosexuality is the least bit logical.

Bonus points if you can do the same for abortion.  A logical person would argue that abortion (not including late term) is a vital option in our modern society.

ETA: Nevermind, I see you already tried but presented an emotional argument instead of a logical one... so you fail.

Your issue is with activism, not homosexuality.  Your argument against abortion is based on cultural choices, not logic.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Agree
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree

Many would say the same about your point of view.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LOL

Ok, Mr. Spock, explain to the class how getting your panties in a twist over homosexuality is the least bit logical.

Bonus points if you can do the same for abortion.  A logical person would argue that abortion (not including late term) is a vital option in our modern society.

ETA: Nevermind, I see you already tried but presented an emotional argument instead of a logical one... so you fail.

Your issue is with activism, not homosexuality.  Your argument against abortion is based on cultural choices, not logic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So?

LOL

I may have used the word hate but emotion has nothing to do with why it is the wrong course.

Activism leads to legislation.  We need less laws, not more.  Not only that the very fucking last thing we need are laws on the books giving special rights and privileges to every single person that thinks they are some special snowflake.

The same with abortion.  Where is the logic in  using exiting the birth canal as the cutoff for murder/manslaughter?  Were they not alive one month ago?  Two?  Three?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't know Secretary of State dealt with those things.

Hmm. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

People complain that we have life-long politicians who have never done anything but politics... And, then when someone who has been successful in other areas of life gets appointed or runs for office...? They complain he/she "...has no experience in government, or any track record at it...".

Not saying that is what you're doing here, but you are kinda close to the edge. If you want competency and outsiders (from big government), you are going to have to accept a lack of the so-called "credentials" we are used to.

Frankly, this is exactly the kind of person I want in jobs like these. The "professional" politicians like, oh, say... Hillary? Kerry? They haven't exactly covered themselves in glory or displayed much in the way of actual, y'know... Competence.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm still hoping Rick Santorum gets the SoS job
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is he pro aborting homosexuals or pro homo-sexing abortionists? I hope it's the latter.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

And yet you are probably not intelligent enough to understand the difference between natural rights and gay rights. One is negative and one is positive and should not exist.  

People who are pro gay advocate for special or
Positive rights for homosexuals.

Thats where my
Pro liberty ends i am against anyone who wants special consideration, affirmative action or special protections that makes one class more equal to others.

Eta civil rights were created for recently freed slaves ... there are none of those alive now .
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Pro, as in he openly advocates the position or he takes the position of its not my business I can care less what other people do?

Big difference,  but it's a non issue for the majority of people.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good thing he's not running for a religious office then.
View Quote

Actually I think he'd make it into the Pope's entourage these days.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Support for gays and abortion makes you a fag that commits murder.  Some of you all are retarded, and obviously uneducated.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't care. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I may have used the word hate but emotion has nothing to do with why it is the wrong course.

Activism leads to legislation.  We need less laws, not more.  Not only that the very fucking last thing we need are laws on the books giving special rights and privileges to every single person that thinks they are some special snowflake.

The same with abortion.  Where is the logic in  using exiting the birth canal as the cutoff for murder/manslaughter?  Were they not alive one month ago?  Two?  Three?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So?

LOL

Again, your issue is with activism, not homosexuality.

Your argument against abortion is clearly based on religion since you seem to be taking the "life begins at conception" stance.  

If you're going to base your arguments on everything but logic, stop claiming your position is logical.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Only in GD can we go from a thread about the Secretary of State and Trump and turn it into a purse swinging dick measuring contest about gays and abortion in 4 posts.  

Gawd I love this place.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We are our own worst enemy.
View Quote

So you say, but what you fail to understand that social progressivism paves the way for the parts of progressivism that you don't want.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Arfcom, never change. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Again, your issue is with activism, not homosexuality.

Your argument against abortion is clearly based on religion since you seem to be taking the "life begins at conception" stance.  

If you're going to base your arguments on everything but logic, stop claiming your position is logical.
View Quote

My daughter is now pregnant with our second grandchild. She found out that she was pregnant August 1, she's due in April. I can guarantee that he's been "alive" since the 2nd week of August. Religion has nothing to do with it. He's a little person, aborting him at any time is murder ! Maybe it feels better to call him a fetus, but to me, he's my grandson, and we can't wait for him to get here ! My argument is scientifically killing babies as a means of birth control !
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pffftt...

What 16'ers worry about would be downright funny, if it didn't broadcast such a tiny intellect.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
How is that remotely relevant to the job he's likely to get?

Who did you want to get the job?  Romney?  Hell, he supported Roe V. Wade 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not to hijack, but those are morality and emotional  issues--the diametric opposition of reason.

Ever wonder why the GOPe has been losing ground with younger voters?

TC
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not to hijack, but those are morality and emotional  issues--the diametric opposition of reason.

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TC

I already made my points against both.  Nothing to do with emotion.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
All I know for sure is it is a much better pick than who Hillary would be appointing to the same spot about now.
View Quote

A radical Muslim for sure
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top