Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2002 2:07:22 PM EDT
[url]http://www.9news.com/storyfull-co.asp?id=4645[/url]

[b]Police describe it as a “miracle”. A 4-year-old survived a car crash in Vail following a carjacking and kidnapping. [/b]

The carjacker/kidknapper was killed instantly while the little girl barely suffered a scratch.

Thank you Lord for this just act.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.9news.com/storyfull-co.asp?id=4645[/url]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The Lord works in mysterious ways [:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Dang, you guys are quick. I bumped the "enter" button and posted long before I was ready. And before I could edit my mistake you two already had it corrected. Thanks. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
the driver of the semi was uninjured... no shit really? i thought little cars were such a sever threat to a semi's trailer that it could touch the trailer and send the entire rig flying off the road.

nice ot know he wasnt hurt but i didnt expect him to be either.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#7]
"Pena says she is thankful her daughter survived the ordeal and is encouraging parents to be diligent using child safety seats."  

I also support the safety seat use, but somehow the kids life wouldnt have been in danger if the other kid could have gotten her out quicker.

And nobody realized she was a TWIT for leaving kids in a car that was running?

"Toxicology tests are pending as police continue the investigation."

Toxicology tests on WHAT? The corpse? The semi driver? The kid? the mom?

Im guessing the corpse, but what a WASTE of time and tax dollars.

Yes God DOES work in mysterious ways =)
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you God!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes thank God the little girl is OK, but what about the mom? I'm sure she is sorry and will be more careful now but in todays society this is almost criminally stupid.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes thank God the little girl is OK, but what about the mom? I'm sure she is sorry and will be more careful now but in todays society this is almost criminally stupid.
View Quote

YUP! Can't add any more to that!
AB
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Kidnapping a child is one of the worst things I can imagine, [pissed]

this guy got what he deserved. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#14]
"Pena says she is thankful her daughter survived the ordeal and is encouraging parents to be diligent using child safety seats."

Stupid fucking bitch.

I bet she is a MMM'er. She sounds like one of those horrid screeching fat women who blame people dying from neligient gunshots on the gun itself rather than on the stupid criminal behind the gun. Notice that she is talking about the goddamn fucking safety seat and not her own goddamn fucking neligience.
Blame the object, not the person - that way, when she ever screws up, it's not her fault, right.

(edited to change 'if' in last sentence to 'when')
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Was the drive thru window closed??

I agree, in today's world leaving a child unattended, even with an older child in the car, is plain stupid and is the first step to a network interview with the grieving family.

But still... there are those occasional silver linings...
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Im not goona say it was irresponsible to leave the kids in the car -  a 15 year old is often responsible enough to watch a little one.

But it was plain stupid and unforgivable to leave the keys in the car.  I wouldn't be surprised if she did it so they could listen to music, but then I also wouldn't be surprised if she did it out of studidity and laziness.

Do you think child endangerment charges are called for? Has she learned her lesson?

Thank God it turned out for the better,  the girl could just as eaily been a lifeless mess.

Notice there was no mention of a weapon.  WHat the hell kept the teen from blowing the horn???

If the keys hadn't been in the car, I don't think the asshole would have picked that car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top