Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/25/2004 10:11:03 AM EST
"If you really want to enslave people, tell them that you're going to give them total freedom."
-- L. Ron Hubbard

If you want a good (and scary) read, CHECK THIS OUT....

Hep
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:29:34 PM EST
btt
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:37:41 PM EST
These people need serious help. They were giving out "free personality tests" at the fair a while ago. I look around their booth, and notice that the word "scientology" was nowhere to be found..BUT...."dianetics" was plastered EVERYWHERE. I guess they want people to read the book, think that the book is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and want to know more....etc. What a load of crap....I muttered the word 'scientologists' to my girlfriend and they started getting their panties in a bunch. "hey dude, just take the test, it will change your life". Whatever....weirdos...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:39:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:43:07 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:46:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By DigDug:
L. Ron Hubbard was a mediocre author with visions of grandeur.

Home boy was crazy like a fox.. create a religion, and target rich celebs? Cha-ching!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:49:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By Botch:
These people need serious help. They were giving out "free personality tests" at the fair a while ago. I look around their booth, and notice that the word "scientology" was nowhere to be found..BUT...."dianetics" was plastered EVERYWHERE. I guess they want people to read the book, think that the book is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and want to know more....etc. What a load of crap....I muttered the word 'scientologists' to my girlfriend and they started getting their panties in a bunch. "hey dude, just take the test, it will change your life". Whatever....weirdos...

Take the test! and get scientology crap in the mail and phone calls forever!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:50:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:56:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By MMcCall:

Home boy was crazy like a fox.. create a religion, and target rich celebs? Cha-ching!

Sure they bag the celebs..............but they screw the little guy big time. Read the article. It's very dark and funny...and a touch scary.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:15:13 PM EST
Remember "Joe's Garage" from Frank Zappa?

L. Ron Hoover and the Church of Appliantology convinced Joe it was OK to have sex with a vacuum cleaner...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:25:24 PM EST
Money-sucking vampires? The word is out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:52:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2004 8:55:38 PM EST by DarkKnight]
Yeah, he was crazy, and he hated payin taxes, so he started a religion to get around it. And also to promote his wackyness.
He had a real hard-on for John Travolta though. Thought he was the greatest. I laughed hardest about how he liked everyone to wear Navy uniforms.

Some of the celebs who believe that garbage :
John Travolta, Dharma from Dharma and Greg, Nicole Kidmann, Kristie Alley, Issac Hayes, who else?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:08:30 PM EST
Tom Cruise

What gets me, is in every Navy Exchange I've been to, there are L. Ron Hubbard Battlefield Earth series books on the shelves, most of the time to the detriment of other books more deserving of the shelf space. I can't figure it out
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:12:02 PM EST
Probably because they don't sell, they've been sitting there for ages. Or one would hope.

I read BE, it was the longest and most ridiculous SciFi I ever read.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:17:22 PM EST
Their last movie sucked.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:55:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By DarkKnight:
Yeah, he was crazy, and he hated payin taxes, so he started a religion to get around it. And also to promote his wackyness.
He had a real hard-on for John Travolta though. Thought he was the greatest. I laughed hardest about how he liked everyone to wear Navy uniforms.

John Travolta, Dharma from Dharma and Greg, Nicole Kidmann, Kristie Alley, Issac Hayes, who else?

I think Catherine Bell of JAG is into scientology as well. Such a disappointment.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:22:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2004 10:23:15 PM EST by Ellery_Holt]

Originally Posted By hepcat85:
"If you really want to enslave people, tell them that you're going to give them total freedom."
-- L. Ron Hubbard

If you want a good (and scary) read, CHECK THIS OUT....

Hep

If you want a good (and scary) read, check this out: www.xenu.net
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:53:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2004 10:54:22 PM EST by booniedawg]
S_A_T_A_N_I_S_M! L. Ron Hubbard was an avowed Satanist.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:13:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By Unknown1Sailor:
Tom Cruise

What gets me, is in every Navy Exchange I've been to, there are L. Ron Hubbard Battlefield Earth series books on the shelves, most of the time to the detriment of other books more deserving of the shelf space. I can't figure it out

Its a C-O-N spircy by da man!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:20:47 PM EST
So what's the deal with Front Sight, the gun school/sponsor of arfcom, and scientology? I kept hearing they are affiliated, and when you Google search--front sight scientology-- (which I just did again and my computer crashed-- spooooooky!!) you come up with a whole bunch of links. Anyone know the skinny?

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:32:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By Moe-Ron:
So what's the deal with Front Sight, the gun school/sponsor of arfcom, and scientology? I kept hearing they are affiliated, and when you Google search--front sight scientology-- (which I just did again and my computer crashed-- spooooooky!!) you come up with a whole bunch of links. Anyone know the skinny?

Cheers

This came up awhile ago.. Verdict was that just the Dr. that owns/runs it is into it .. Frontsight isn't so you don't have to worry..
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:54:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By Skammy:

Originally Posted By Moe-Ron:

Cheers

This came up awhile ago.. Verdict was that just the Dr. that owns/runs it is into it .. Frontsight isn't so you don't have to worry..

What sort of a Dr. is the owner?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:16:24 AM EST

www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,10812225%5E1702,00.html

Cruise opens Scientology centre

From correspondents in Madrid
September 19, 2004

HOLLYWOOD star Tom Cruise inaugurated a new centre for the controversial Church of Scientology, of which he is a member, in the Spanish capital today.

Cruise, who attended the European premiere of his new thriller, Collateral, in Venice earlier this month, spoke briefly in Spanish to the 1000-strong crowd at the new centre near the national parliament in Madrid.

Church members had for several days been distributing leaflets inviting people to come to "a party which will be attended by Tom Cruise", an AFP journalist said.

Founded in the US in 1954 by science-fiction writer L Ron Hubbard, Scientology was accorded the status of a religion there in 1993, but is regarded with suspicion in many European countries, where opponents accuse it of manipulating members for financial ends.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:31:48 AM EST
Scientology....it's about the money. It has always been about the money. It will always be about the money.

Remember, money is just a portable form of power.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:51:47 AM EST

Dharma's real nameis Jenna Elfman, niece of Danny Elfman from Oingo Boingo. Maybe she is as dumb as she looks. Story had it that Nicole Kidmann is really a Catholic and didn't want her kid to be raised Scito, so she split with that midget.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:56:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:59:48 AM EST

Except for the part where he is now dead and burning in Hell.

He forgot that part.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:06:24 AM EST
Where are the free Front Sight certificates?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:11:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By Old_Painless:

He forgot that part.

Preach it brother! Amen.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:44:22 AM EST
So I read a few of the Googled links and am still confused... is the guy in charge @ FS a Scientologist or not? What's with the lawsuits? Why doesn't he just say "yeah I is" or "no I ain't"

Would that be too simple? Places that can't give me a simple answer creep me out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:47:43 AM EST
Scientology is just a big scam to make a bunch of tax-free $$$...just like all organized religions...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:56:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2004 9:58:28 AM EST by raven]

Giovanni Ribisi, the lady who does Bart Simpson's voice, Tom Cruise.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:19:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By glazer1972:

Originally Posted By Old_Painless:

He forgot that part.

Preach it brother! Amen.

Damn straight! I can't stand Scientology, thinly disguised Satanism, L Ron Hubbard was obsessed with the occult and merely covered it with a veneer of bogus sci-fi mumbo-jumbo.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:20:42 AM EST
This crap is so funny... Keith Code (ex-motorcycle racer) is way into it. If you do an Internet search on him and dienetics all you can find are his stories about how it "saved his life!!" But in all his glowing praises he leaves out the time he came back from retirement to race again and claimed he was going to use dienetics to win the championship... and didn't, so he retired again.
Top Top