BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2001 9:12:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I will be voting lib. if Dole gets the Rep. nomination in NC. I don't expect a liberatarian to win, but it sends a message to republicans and democrats that they need to change their ways or they will continue to lose votes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#3]
hg112, that's exactly why I voted for Browne instead of Bush in the presidential race.  I knew Bush would take Texas, but now I don't even want to think what Browne would have done if he had actually gotten into office.  I sure as hell won't be voting for him again, as he's taken every opportunity to prove that he's indeed a moron since 9.11.2001.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I will be voting lib. if Dole gets the Rep. nomination in NC. I don't expect a liberatarian to win, but it sends a message to republicans and democrats that they need to change their ways or they will continue to lose votes.
View Quote

This article claims Dole is changing her evil ways.
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A11030-2001Nov24.html[/url]

After seeing Harry Browne on H&C, I think the guy is NUTS!
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's that kind of genius that put Clinton in office. Brilliant.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yeah, I guess that's why he got reelected? hmmmm [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
hg112, that's exactly why I voted for Browne instead of Bush in the presidential race.  I knew Bush would take Texas, but now I don't even want to think what Browne would have done if he had actually gotten into office.  I sure as hell won't be voting for him again, as he's taken every opportunity to prove that he's indeed a moron since 9.11.2001.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

In the next election Harry borwne will not be running to my knoweledge. a native American fellow whos name i cant recall at the moment has decided to run in the next campaign. he used to be an actor. i'll vote Libertarian, but will vote Republican if it will keep that super bitch hitlary clinton out of office! hopefully enough americans will see her for the totaltarian power grabbing wench she really is.

less government=effective goverence lib
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In the next election Harry borwne will not be running to my knoweledge. a native American fellow whos name i cant recall at the moment has decided to run in the next campaign. he used to be an actor. i'll vote Libertarian, but will vote Republican if it will keep that super bitch hitlary clinton out of office! hopefully enough americans will see her for the totaltarian power grabbing wench she really is.

less government=effective goverence lib
View Quote

If you are talking about Russel Means, he is running for New Mexico Governor and has decided to run as an independent. Aparently Means is too cozy with the Greens and this influenced his decision.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
"libertarian Party" translated means
"pissing away your vote"
There is no nobility in defeat, my friends.
Change the system from within it, not from
the left-field bleachers.

[soapbox]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"pissing away your vote"

[soapbox]
View Quote

And thus speaks one who would vote for John McCain or Libby Dole.

It is not the LP's job to change the republican party. If you think there is something wrong then it is YOUR JOB to change your own party. Until then, all of these "pissing your vote away" statements are just rationalizations for having people like John McCain in the GOP.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yeah, I guess that's why he got reelected? hmmmm [rolleyes]
View Quote

Did I say re-elected? Who originaly put the idiot in office? People like you. Thanks alot. And you want to do it again in '04 with Gore? Yippe.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"pissing away your vote"

[soapbox]
View Quote

And thus speaks one who would vote for John McCain or Libby Dole.

It is not the LP's job to change the republican party. If you think there is something wrong then it is YOUR JOB to change your own party. Until then, all of these "pissing your vote away" statements are just rationalizations for having people like John McCain in the GOP.
View Quote

Are you friggin nuts? The biggest change I would like to make to my party would be to
kick McCain & "libby liddy" THE FUCK OUT.
They're not sayin anything I wanna hear.
It isn't 1912 anymore, guys. Sticking our collective national head in the sand(or our asses) is not gonna help
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#13]
[:D]why is it the fault of Libertarians, when a democrat gets elected? because we did not vote for the same person you did?

The Libertarians are helping the situation, by brining to attention what Republicans would otherwise ignore. this helps to change the Republicans from within side. (or hopefully) working within a party is not a bad idea, but i dont think that the concept of less government can be presented effectively in the Republican party. not all Libertarians would vote Republican if there were no Libertarian party.

to Imbrolio:

your right its Russel means. my bad. i know that he had run before. i should read the Lib newsletter more than i do know. but still i dont think that Harry will try to run again. not after violating party rules. if he does, im not going to support him that time around.

"i need to get back into 30min of political reading a day" lib.

Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"pissing away your vote"

[soapbox]
View Quote

if we are just a bunch of "Brainwashed" idiots with no political clout whatsoever, then why complain about the insignificant party wasting their precious vote? i think alternative politics will do the Republican party more justice if a foroum were provided.

i would be happy to help you kick out McCain. if you cant do it, then how am i supposed to do it? if the Libertarian party sold itself out, they would'nt be much better then the Republicans. in order to have major influence on politics, then the Libs would have to sell out.

to rephrase i ask "how can we work together to kick out unwanted politico's who are not in sync with party principles"?

just by voting Republican i can do this? how? show me a way and i will follow.

TheHappyLib
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Did I say re-elected? Who originaly put the idiot in office? People like you. Thanks alot. And you want to do it again in '04 with Gore? Yippe.
View Quote

I think it is democrats who originally put the idiot in office. Don't blame me for the problems of the world.

I don't have the same opinion as you, so I must be wrong. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"pissing away your vote"

[soapbox]
View Quote

if we are just a bunch of "Brainwashed" idiots with no political clout whatsoever, then why complain about the insignificant party wasting their precious vote? i think alternative politics will do the Republican party more justice if a foroum were provided.

i would be happy to help you kick out McCain. if you cant do it, then how am i supposed to do it? if the Libertarian party sold itself out, they would'nt be much better then the Republicans. in order to have major influence on politics, then the Libs would have to sell out.

to rephrase i ask "how can we work together to kick out unwanted politico's who are not in sync with party principles"?

just by voting Republican i can do this? how? show me a way and i will follow.

TheHappyLib
View Quote

Never said you were"brainwashed"- never called you an idiot.[peep].I actually believe the libertarian party does a good job of shaping the
debate & steering the republican party away from this "moderate" and "centrist" bullshit. I also agree with SOME of the libertarian principles.
But if you think Harry Browne is some kind of foreign policy genius, or that dope should be legal,well,,,,  I'm just saying that "voting your principles' is great, but doesn't help your
cause on the national level IF YOU NEVER WIN.
Look I'm in ILLINOIS,okay? Our repub gov. is worse than many southern democrats, but I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater
or change affiliation because of one tax&spend®ulate jerk. Now as to how to change
your parties policies & nominations,there are 2 ways.....

1. vote with your ballot.

2.VOTE WITH YOUR CHECKBOOK.
It's the voice they ALWAYS listen to.
Is that "selling out"? I don't think so. I'm no corporate fat cat, just a regular joe like you,
but" strenght in numbers", I think its called.
I'm by no means happy with what my party has been doing lately, but if you don't speak, you will never be heard.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#17]
to TheHappyBlaster:

i know you did'nt call "us" brainwashed or an idiot. im sorry. but all i seem to hear from Libertarian nay-sayers is just that. i agree that there is strength in numbers, but am not convinced that if the entire Libertarian party joined camp with the Republicans, then it would result in an improved party. its just voting for the "lesser of two evils". the only reason i would vote Republican is to keep someone like Hitlary clinton out. if there were more Republicans like Ron Paul, then it would be a different story. even as a Republican, Ron gets little support from his fellow Republicans. i get letters all the time and e-mails about what he is up to. wish i had the extra cash to help him out.

dont fall into the thinking that the Libertarian party is represented by one man like Harry Browne. thats like saying that John McCain or George Bush senior represent the entire Republican party.

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Libertarian......get some!! Don't let them wear you down......the biggest lie of modern politics-if you don't vote for my crook, you deserve what you get....either bush-gore or gore-bush? It is quite sobering to see the comparisons between the two and realize that it is just one monster with two faces.....
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In the 1998 election, Republican Bill Owens won the governorship over Democrat
Gail Schoettler by just 7,928 votes. The main reason for that photo finish in a
state where registered Republicans outnumbered Democrats by about 150,000 voters
was the superbly managed campaign Mary Alice Mandarich mounted on Schoettler's
behalf. But it's worth noting that Libertarian candidate Sandra Johnson received
22,159 votes - nearly triple Owens' victory margin. A few more defections from
the GOP to the Libertarians would have elected Schoettler.
View Quote

And that would be a good thing?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Libertarian......get some!! Don't let them wear you down......the biggest lie of modern politics-if you don't vote for my crook, you deserve what you get....either bush-gore or gore-bush? It is quite sobering to see the comparisons between the two and realize that it is just one monster with two faces.....
View Quote

they are not wearing me down. if the Libertarian party were as big as the Republican and Democrat parties. they would be just another less of two evils. Politics is about compromise and what you can do for me. scratch my back and i will scratch yours.

was listening to Harry Browne on Sean Hannity's talk show. i agreed with some of what he was saying, but could not disagree with him more on our involvement in afghanistan. Harry openly stated that he was not representing the Libertarian party, but himself. i too believe in non-intervention with the political affairs of other nations, but if someone puches you in the face, you raise your guard and defend yourself. Harry did present examples for his point of view. EricTheHun's articles did not present such, but after hearing Harry's commentary i still would find myself siding with Sean Hannity. this does not mean i think that Harry is stupid, but still angry he violated party rules. he has an opinion like everyone else. i disagree with some of it and i agree with some of it. Harry was a little flaky on the topic of Japan supposed surrender. but at least he was basing it on something and not just pulling it out of his ass. Sean's position was more convicing, espicially when he brouht up Hitto's status in Japan.

as i have said before and will say again. the most important aspect of the Libertarian party is the Libertarian philosophy; not the party itself.

listening lib
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top