Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 4/10/2006 10:23:54 AM EST

I didn't have a *clue* as to what the yard looked like when I bought it. There was nearly a foot of snow on it then.

I lucked out.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:25:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 10:25:35 AM EST by mjohn3006]
Very nice!

My vew is a brick wall.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:26:07 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:26:27 AM EST
NICE!

What a great place to live....I loved Montana when I was out there.

I was in the Bozeman area, and then Yellowstone....

Nice looking yard....you need to scatter wildflower seeds all over those beds for color though!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:32:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By dragunov:
That looks like a beautiful spot to live. Where I live there is a constant roar of traffic. and don't get me started on the a$$holes with the Harleys that rev their engines at 1:00AM outside my window.

Well, there is a highway maintenance yard behind me, but you hardly know it's there. The few noisy bikes I've heard have all been daylight hours and the only out of the ordinary thing is for someone accustomed to suburban life is the occasional air raid siren from the VFD for a callout (unnerving at first) and the medevac chopper landing about 2 blocks from me every week or two for a pickup.

That's about it. That's one of the reasons I decided to drop anchor here for awhile.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:38:54 AM EST
Wow! I wish I lived where you live!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:40:14 AM EST
dead links
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:40:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 10:43:21 AM EST by MTUSA]

Originally Posted By Airwolf:

I didn't have a *clue* as to what the yard looked like when I bought it. There was nearly a foot of snow on it then.

I lucked out.

flymeaway.net/images/spring/images/DSC04465.jpg

flymeaway.net/images/spring/images/DSC04467.jpg

flymeaway.net/images/spring/images/DSC04469.jpg

flymeaway.net/images/spring/images/DSC04473.jpg

You bought the house from a Montanan. If the yard sucked they would have told you

Lets see, April 10th, there will be more snow on the way.
Memorial Day of 03' in Kalispell the east Flathead valley it was snowing sideways for about 2 hours.
Made the wife cry. Did not stick though. MT kicks ass
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:44:56 AM EST
Very nice!

Do you have any pics of your place in California for comparison?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:06:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:
Very nice!

About the only decent exterior pic I have, taken the day I closed on the sale last August.

Old place was 4/2 1,500SF on .17 acres. Built 1958, parents bought it late 60's for around $27K. It was valued at $169K when I inherited it in 1998. Sold it for (low) asking price of $449K in 2005.

New place is 3/1 1,200SF on .21 acres. Built 2003. I paid $165k (asking price).

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:11:45 AM EST
Nice place Airwolf!

How is MT gun law wise? Hopefully better than CA
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:13:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 11:21:01 AM EST by garandman]

Old place was 4/2 1,500SF on .17 acres. Built 1958, parents bought it late 60's for around $27K. It was valued at $169K when I inherited it in 1998. Sold it for (low) asking price of $449K in 2005.

[Farley] Holy shnikes!!!!!!!!! [/Farley]

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:14:55 AM EST
1500 sq/ft for half a million. WOW! INSANE
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:16:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By falaholic1:

Move to CA, it's not insane, it's a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:19:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 11:20:13 AM EST by SubnetMask]

Very nice!

About the only decent exterior pic I have, taken the day I closed on the sale last August.

flymeaway.net/images/P1016875a.jpg

New place is 3/1 1,200SF on .21 acres. Built 2003. I paid $165k (asking price).

Ha! That brings back some memories. That house is THE classic average California home I remember. The L-shaped driveway, the stucco, the poplar tree...everything. Everybody thinks of palm trees and beaches. To those of you who have never spent any real time in California: THIS is a near perfect example of most homes/neighborhoods in the state, geographicaly speaking.

Man, that's perfect. Kinda reminds me of my old digs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:25:23 AM EST
Whitefish?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:26:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By deej86:
Nice place Airwolf!

California gun laws are nearly FIVE HUNDRED PAGES OF BULLSHIT. 10 day waiting period, 1 handgun a month, Handgun Safety Certificate required, AWB, 10 round mag limit, handgun registration, approved list of handguns for sale by dealers, no private party sales, must have state approved locks or safe, CCW pretty much impossible except for a few counties.

Here? It took me about 15 minutes to read over the gun laws, no mag restrictions, no waiting period (10 minutes to buy my first AR and walk out with it), shall issue CCW (using my AZ CCW until I get around to getting the paperwork in), no restrictions about keeping guns in your vehicle or how to transport them, no "safe storage" laws.

The first nice day here a couple of weeks ago the canyon was filled with the sound of gunfire from people getting out for the first time this year. Sounded like a war zone

Yeah, I'm a camper.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:28:04 AM EST
Dude, you have a bad case of green yard fungus. You'll need to salt the shit out of it to cure the problem. I see you also have an infestation of wooden soil spikes growing there. You can solve that with a chainsaw and a case of Tannerite.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:29:00 AM EST

Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:
Whitefish?

Close Keeping a bit of OPSEC because of how small the towns are around here. You know the town and you could find my place in about 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:29:37 AM EST
Id like to go to Monatana some day. It looks beautiful.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:29:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 11:30:04 AM EST by garandman]

Originally Posted By BlammO:
I see you also have an infestation of wooden soil spikes growing there. You can solve that with a chainsaw and a case of Tannerite.

I hate fences.

We have a dog fence (on seven wooded acres)

I even hate that fence.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:29:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By BlammO:
Dude, you have a bad case of green yard fungus. You'll need to salt the shit out of it to cure the problem. I see you also have an infestation of wooden soil spikes growing there. You can solve that with a chainsaw and a case of Tannerite.

You owe me a new PowerBook keyboard and display.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:30:11 AM EST

Nice place Airwolf!

California gun laws are nearly FIVE HUNDRED PAGES OF BULLSHIT. 10 day waiting period, 1 handgun a month, Handgun Safety Certificate required, AWB, 10 round mag limit, handgun registration, approved list of handguns for sale by dealers, no private party sales, must have state approved locks or safe, CCW pretty much impossible except for a few counties.

Here? It took me about 15 minutes to read over the gun laws, no mag restrictions, no waiting period (10 minutes to buy my first AR and walk out with it), shall issue CCW (using my AZ CCW until I get around to getting the paperwork in), no restrictions about keeping guns in your vehicle or how to transport them, no "safe storage" laws.

The first nice day here a couple of weeks ago the canyon was filled with the sound of gunfire from people getting out for the first time this year. Sounded like a war zone

Yeah, I'm a camper.

And you know something? Some folks in California are going to give you grief for "running with your tail between your legs". Ha! You did good. Real good.

Freedom feels nice, don't it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:32:39 AM EST
LOOKS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PLACE YOU GOT THERE. CONGRATS
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:35:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By leelaw:

Originally Posted By falaholic1:

Move to CA, it's not insane, it's a good deal.

No shit. I went low because I needed to get out (painted myself into a corner financially) and the place really needed about $10k worth of work to take care of the immediate problems and probably another $30-40k to bring it up to snuff for today's living. Basically it was the same house as-built in 1958.

Other places around me that were smaller went for $30-40k or more than I what I asked for mine, but I didn't have the time to play the game. Put it on the market Thursday, had 3 offers on the table by the end of the weekend. Closed about 5 weeks start to finish. Took that long mainly because of issues with the buyer getting her old place sold (and the first buyer backed out, costing us nearly a week).
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:38:35 AM EST

Nice place Airwolf!

Yeah, I'm a camper.

Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:40:58 AM EST

Nice place Airwolf!

Yeah, I'm a camper.

And you know something? Some folks in California are going to give you grief for "running with your tail between your legs". Ha! You did good. Real good.

Freedom feels nice, don't it?

I'd spent most of my life off and on in California (dad retired there from the Navy, I didn't have a say). I WAS living in Mississippi when he passed away and I came back to take care of mom. When she passed away I figured I'd be there for a year or so to get things squared away and then be back on my own track. A woman and a long term (now failed) relationship was the reason I stayed as long as I did.

And yes, Freedom in so many things. The guns are just a symbol of that. I had a grin for hours after buying my AR. Really silly, shit eating grin that wouldn't go away.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:59:26 AM EST
From California and want to make impress your neighbors and make friends?

First put a Kerry/Edwards sticker on your cars.
Then cut down as many trees in your yard (and neighborhood) that you can get away from.
Call for more gun control.
Become a member of the school board and the city governement and tell them that you want to change the backwards state of Montana into a forward thinking free progressive state like California.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:07:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:
Whitefish?

Close Keeping a bit of OPSEC because of how small the towns are around here. You know the town and you could find my place in about 10 minutes.

I beat I can guess it.

My moms family is from MT. I still have relatives in Whitefish, Helena, Great Falls, and Choteau.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:12:53 PM EST
Looks like Bigfork or Troy.

We will be living there someday.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:14:46 PM EST
Looks like a nice place to live.
Top Top