Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 8:43:54 AM EDT
http://13cgunreviews.com/attempted1000-ban-in-laporte-county-dead/

Turns out a Chicagoite buys a house in rural Indiana. Makes sense. Gets out of that shithole for summer vacations etc. Property is cheap, grocerys, fuel, all cheap.
So the guy gets there to find these Hoosiers shoot guns. Right next door! They even carry guns around with them!!!
Well, this simply just cant be. So he makes this deal with the county commissioner who lives on the other side of him.
It never ceases to amaze me when folks migrate to better environs only to try to make the new place EXACTLY like the one they just left.
Florida is having this very problem right now. Folks from New York city are moving in and getting into local government and destroying the local way of life with their wacked out politics.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm probably what many would consider a city person, and I'm trying to buy a nice plot of land in the country... But I intend to shoot my own guns on the property, and if neighbors shoot too then we'll have something in common
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#2]
the migrants from the cities always, And I do mean Always,every time, bring their Lifestyle with them. Here in the midwest, they get section 8 housing, paid for by the gov, food provided by the gov and they bring their lifestyle that they claim to be running from as the reason for moving here. 
 The folks in the story are going to bring their lifestyle to their "retreat" soon enough. They just don't like the reality that someone nearby may not like their shit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Same stuff happening here, we live in a small town mostly farming based, NYC people move in, get on town council and want to change everything. "we didnt know the whole town smells like cow manure in the spring" is their biggest bitch, then the shooting, Well Damn it, I been shooting on my range on my property for forty years and they aint gonna change it. (they will win)
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone in Texas knows the truth of this.

Californians moving into Austin and Dallas and Houston. Austin has been a lost cause for a long time now, and Dallas and Houston isn't far behind.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm probably what many would consider a city person, and I'm trying to buy a nice plot of land in the country... But I intend to shoot my own guns on the property, and if neighbors shoot too then we'll have something in common
View Quote
trust me, your country neighbors will probably bitch, call he sheriff, the constable, complain to the county judge

all of who will quote them the law sayin you're with in your rights(be sure to check regs on shooting center fire on amount of acreage)
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Happened to California a long time ago.
They always say " That's not how we do it in ________"
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Starting about 20 yrs ago we have been absolutely covered up with Yankees flooding into NC.  

They bring the same liberal values and votes that fucked up the states they moved from. And they continue voting with the same liberal mindset.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone in Texas knows the truth of this.

Californians moving into Austin and Dallas and Houston. Austin has been a lost cause for a long time now, and Dallas and Houston isn't far behind.
View Quote
50 acres.  I just need 50.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Which is why we need a fucking federal law (haha!) limiting a person's voting rights to where the fuck they were born.
You can really stop the spread of stupidity that way...but then again, taxation without "representation" becomes an issue.

Fuck it, I'd be all for it.  My state would be relatively normal if we didn't have floods of fucking assholes from PA, MD, NJ, DE settling into NoVA and Tidewater.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#10]
It's not just target shooting, but hunting as well. Lots of people buying up old farmland and denying the use of that land to people who have hunted on it for years.

Couple of local people bought up adjacent lots this past fall. Guy who'd moved in a couple of months sooner than the other complained about the new guys next door target shooting in a safe manner.

I told the complainant that's what people do in the country.

I had a long talk with the shooters and then their dad on the phone, as he was the actual property owner.

He wanted to negotiate with the complaining neighbor. I said its fine  if you want to go over and introduce yourselves to each other as you're both new to the road, but don't get sucked into negotiating with them over any limitations on your shooting. He called me back a week later to say I'd been right and that he'd offered to limit their shooting to a day or two  a week and the complainer flat out said he didn't want any shooting at all.
You give them an inch and they take a mile.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Starting about 20 yrs ago we have been absolutely covered up with Yankees flooding into NC.  

They bring the same liberal values and votes that fucked up the states they moved from. And they continue voting with the same liberal mindset.  
View Quote
Then they complain that's not how when did things up north.
I wonder why they ever moved from that utopia of NY, NJ, CT, RI, and MA?

It takes a while, but they turn cities into their own private HOA with rules. Cary and Apex are no longer quaint rural areas, but a sprawling high tax areas with stupid rules about everything.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm first Generation American...

Most Immigrants see America as a rich place, where they can make money. That's it.

They don't give two shits about the constitution, Liberty etc...

It's the same thing with letfists from the inner city moving to the country for better real estate prices, less crime etc.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It takes a while, but they turn cities into their own private HOA with rules. Cary and Apex are no longer quaint rural areas, but a sprawling high tax areas with stupid rules about everything.
View Quote
That's simply what happens when quaint rural areas stop being quaint rural areas, regardless of residents political beliefs
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Turns out a Chicagoite Chicagoan buys a house in rural Indiana. Makes sense. Gets out of that shithole for summer vacations etc. Property is cheap, grocerys, fuel, all cheap.
So the guy gets there to find these Hoosiers shoot guns. Right next door! They even carry guns around with them!!!
Well, this simply just cant be. So he makes this deal with the county commissioner who lives on the other side of him.
It never ceases to amaze me when folks migrate to better environs only to try to make the new place EXACTLY like the one they just left.
Florida is having this very problem right now. Folks from New York city are moving in and getting into local government and destroying the local way of life with their wacked out politics.
View Quote

FIFY

Also, fuck that guy.  I would love to leave this fucking city and own some of the cooler NFA stuff...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

FIFY

Also, fuck that guy.  I would love to leave this fucking city and own some of the cooler NFA stuff...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turns out a Chicagoite Chicagoan buys a house in rural Indiana. Makes sense. Gets out of that shithole for summer vacations etc. Property is cheap, grocerys, fuel, all cheap.

FIFY

He probably knows the "proper" term for a shitcagoan.  Those of us unfortunates who live where those people go to shit all over locals refer to them in any way that they may take offense.

Here in N Wi, we call them FIBs. Fucking Illinois Bastards.

Don't even get me started about mud ducks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Florida's had that problem with Northern invasion for decades. S.Fla is ruined by NY and NJ assholes with their stupid accents. 

I'll take Cubans over those people any day.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Happened to California a long time ago.
They always say " That's not how we do it in ________"
View Quote
Interesting thing I was combing through my hometown CA newspaper looking for a recently deceased uncles obit. Not surprising probably 80% of the old folks passing on were not born in CA. Most all were from some midwestern or eastern state. Of the few that were born in CA only a handful were lifelong area residents. The others had moved from larger cities in CA to our little slice. The people that have fucked CA are mostly 1st or 2nd generation.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#18]
F***ing long haired hippie type pinko commie fags ruin everything.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He probably knows the "proper" term for a shitcagoan.  Those of us unfortunates who live where those people go to shit all over locals refer to them in any way that they may take offense.

Here in N Wi, we call them FIBs. Fucking Illinois Bastards.

Don't even get me started about mud ducks.
View Quote
Don't group us all with that garbage. I don't think all wi people are the same as the garbage in se wi.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Turns out a Chicagoite buys a house in rural Indiana. Makes sense. Gets out of that shithole for summer vacations etc. Property is cheap, grocerys, fuel, all cheap.
View Quote
This is why some people need to get into government as a politician, to stop stuff like this. If you hate politicians, that's that. If all politicians are liberal because conservatives or libertarians don't want to work that kind of job, then the country is going to turn liberal slowly from a legislative point of view.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Just look at CA and what they have done to OR, WA, and now starting to fuck up AZ, NV, ID, MT
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
... he'd offered to limit their shooting to a day or two  a week and the complainer flat out said he didn't want any shooting at all.
View Quote
Were I the shooter neighbor, I could not afford the ammo it would take to present an appropriate response.

But I could probably organize an all-day full auto shoot.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Having the same damn problem going on years now at the family land where we shoot.

Jackass from the city moves out to country and finds that people shoot next to where he built his house.... this douche has done everything from cussing, Yelling, calling the sheriff with false report, telling us to go somewhere else, bribing us with a deer hunting trip... now he's uping his game to possible lawsuit.

He says shit like "I hunt", "I have guns", "im for people enjoying there second amendment right"

As long as they do it away from him. Bunch of fucking freedom hating cocksuckers in the world.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#24]
It' show California got ph*cked with imports who voted liberally, how ex-Californians have ph*cked over NV and OR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top