Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/23/2020 3:47:02 PM
Posted: 12/21/2009 9:04:22 AM EDT
This is a huge pet peeve of mine but I never get to bitch about it directly because the deliverer of said phrase is always close to said person who suffered said "massive heart attack."

I mean, if your uncle or favorite actress or whomever just died of a heart attack is it OK if we just assume it was "massive?"  I mean, shit, of course it was fucking "massive." It killed 'em. Do doctors use this phrase?  I doubt it. What constitutes massive? Is there a goddamn blow-out of one of the chambers? Or more likely did the heart just REALLY stop working instead of a pussy heart attack where it only kinda stops working.

The only acceptable use of the phrase "massive heart attack" is if the victim survived and it included open heart surgery and about 12 inches of vein transplanted in from their leg. Otherwise it's just fucking redundant.

I know.. 4/10 type stuff. But it pisses me off every time I hear it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 9:05:47 AM EDT
There is also a difference between a clogged artery and the heart just coming under arrest.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 9:07:24 AM EDT
drug overdose massave heart attack.. meh same thing to the news..
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 9:14:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hubcityraider:
This is a huge pet peeve of mine but I never get to bitch about it directly because the deliverer of said phrase is always close to said person who suffered said "massive heart attack."

I mean, if your uncle or favorite actress or whomever just died of a heart attack is it OK if we just assume it was "massive?"  I mean, shit, of course it was fucking "massive." It killed 'em. Do doctors use this phrase?  I doubt it. What constitutes massive? Is there a goddamn blow-out of one of the chambers? Or more likely did the heart just REALLY stop working instead of a pussy heart attack where it only kinda stops working.

The only acceptable use of the phrase "massive heart attack" is if the victim survived and it included open heart surgery and about 12 inches of vein transplanted in from their leg. Otherwise it's just fucking redundant.

AMI
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 9:16:20 AM EDT

Euphemism from the libtard press that is basically saying too much coke stopped her heart.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 11:05:40 AM EDT
My Dad has had several heart attacks that landed him in the or getting bypass surgery, pacemaker, defibrillator ect installed.  He has also had some that he just shrugged off, and thought nothing of until he went in for knee surgery and they said that he had a heart attack 2 weeks before.  He has also had the internal defibrillator go off a few times without going to the hospital.  So when the doctors say that he hat a minor one there must also be a major or massive attacks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 11:07:31 AM EDT

Actually more like 1.87/10. You give yourself too much credit.

I can take a dump... or I can take a massive dump. See? "Massive" implies largeness.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 11:10:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By macman37:

Actually more like 1.87/10. You give yourself too much credit.

I can take a dump... or I can take a massive dump. See? "Massive" implies largeness.

The difference being that the "massive dump" is infinitely more gratifying, as opposed to the equivalent heart attack
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 11:13:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 11:23:09 AM EDT
4/10
Top Top