Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:25:18 AM EDT
must be crying in their beer right now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:27:30 AM EDT
[#1]
funny part is0 they will only get negative publicity for not having  food, running water, and clean bathrooms for the scumbags they tried to keep safe
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:29:44 AM EDT
[#2]
You dont think this is free do you? They will get a nice big fat check.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:34:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Just picking up the trash and cleaning off the graffiti will be a nightmare, let alone all the damage.

And I bet the dark nooks in both places will smell like urine for years.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It's very sad.  I attended the Super Bowl at the Superdome in New Orleans back in 2002.  It was a beautiful venue.  I fear it's not going to see another Super Bowl or ANYTHING ever again.  

and the toilet situation was NOT the fault of the Superdome, or it's owners.  No drainage?  Heck, the toilets in the White House would cease to work in that situation.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't worry about them.  They have insurance.  And even if they didn't, the .gov will have to reimburse them.  They commandeered it, basically.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:57:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
funny part is0 they will only get negative publicity for not having  food, running water, and clean bathrooms for the scumbags they tried to keep safe

Anyone with a brain will know that the loss of running water was way beyond the control of anyone at the Superdome.  And the people were told to bring food.  Then the .gov brought in tonsof MREs.  They aren't starving.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:13:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm openning up my doors to all the Filthy Animals from New Orleans!  Please come shit all over the floor and complain about everything!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm openning up my doors to all the Filthy Animals from New Orleans!  Please come shit all over the floor and complain about everything!

That is really uncalled for.
What is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:19:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone with a brain will know that the loss of running water was way beyond the control of anyone at the Superdome.  And the people were told to bring food.  Then the .gov brought in tonsof MREs.  They aren't starving.

My wife said, "Christ - look at most of the women they are showing.  They could stand to go a few weeks without food and lose that extra 200 pounds.  But now they'll be scarfing down two-three 3500 calorie MRE's a day.  Disgusting."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just picking up the trash and cleaning off the graffiti will be a nightmare, let alone all the damage.

I bet they bring in hoses similar to ones from firetrucks and spray it down.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is wrong with you?

Actually, time will prove him right or wrong.  I suspect the words are more prescient than you'll admit.

ETA: And I am willing to be the owners lose a fair amount to the inevitable lawsuits.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#12]
The buildings will have to be gutted in the least or totally rebuilt.  The Astrodome doesnt have sporting event there anymore from what the news was saying.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:52:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I keep saying it, we are a society on the brink...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Upside is that this will require jobs.

If anyone there will take advantage of the jobs, that remains to be seen.

They will probably just go to a pawn shop or jewelery store in another state and sell their 'recently found jewelery' and make $20-30k.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Those places will be totally trashed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is wrong with you?

Sounds spot on to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top