Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2002 7:19:01 PM EDT
I negligently dishcharged funds drom my checking account to purchase a new upper and RRA LE buttstock to finish out a DPMS lower I had laying around.

Hi. My name is bunghole and I have a problem.

[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/NewAR.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Like they say, "It's only money."
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
When you say sweet, do you mean like totally cool?

Nice upper by the way. What is the rear sight?

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#4]
that looks really nice.
I bought a dpms lower today myself. I just couldn't help myself.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]

I also had a episode of negligent use of the visa card. I was late and missed all the action at the show.

Fist time that a had to drive my car to the back to pick up the ammo. [:)]
1000 rnds 223
1000 rnds .45
1000 rnds 9mm
500 rnds 40S&W
It sucks when you relize you dropped enough cash on ammo to buy another gun. But hey, i just don't look at em, I use em!

I picked up a Houge grip for my Super Blackhawk and a shorty stock for my AR (just like Bunghole's AR above). I just finished installing it. I also had to move the scope forward. [:)]

Bung,
I whiped out on my bike after the show [:(], i went for a short ride with the neighbor. Hit a large rock in a grassy field. I banged up my left knee alitte. Not bad but it is stiff. It'll be fine for tomorrow. See ya then.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Boomholzer%2FARshort%2EJPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the measurement on that LE buttstock? It looks short. Do you like it?
Everybody loves Bunghole!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What's the measurement on that LE buttstock? It looks short. Do you like it?
Everybody loves Bunghole!
View Quote

7.5" on the stock. 31" total with my 16" upper.

Can't comment on how i like it yet. I think it be better with either iron sites or something other than tradtional scope optics. I plan on ditching the scope. I have a carry handle with a red dot im gonna try out with it also.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally got my bushmaster w/ RRA "youth" stock to the range today. It's a wee bit short for me, but that's ok, since I got it for the purpose of contributing to the nonconformancy of minors.

It's supposed to be the same length a a telestock, collapsed, but it's postban legal.  In prone, it works nicely. In sitting or offhand, it can be aggrevating. If I have good sling tension, the buttstock almost floats at my shoulder. For comparison, length of pull is actually about 1" shorter than a Cricket (22 youth gun. Go get one if you don't have a Chipmunk or other 22 single shot youth gun. They're barrels of fun.)

That said, yeehah! I had fun today, it's been seriously way too long since I got any real trigger time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to pick up a 1" extender for the stock at some point. The nice thing about the stock is that you can shoulder it a lot quicker. I think it will be better with a red dot sight. I got the upper and sight from Model 1 Sales. The sight was $25 but the only problem I see with it is that the aperture is too big. I'm going to try to find something to put in the aperture to reduce it's size. It's probably fine with an A2 stock but with the RRA stock it's like sighting a ghost ring setup. I put one of my red dots on today and it sits too low. Now i'm thinking I need to get a SWAN Sleeve since it has a better sight and it will raise any optic.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I negligently dishcharged funds drom my checking account to purchase a new upper and RRA LE buttstock to finish out a DPMS lower I had laying around.

Hi. My name is bunghole and I have a problem.
View Quote

The money is not spent foolishly. I had 3 co-workers die of pre-mature deaths. These people had cancer(brain & liver cancer), and they were in the mid-40s. You've got to live a little, life can be way too short.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Well seeing that we are at war, I would classify this action as justifiable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top