Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/23/2016 8:16:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/23/2016 8:16:42 PM EDT by Charging_Handle]
Much has been in the news again recently regarding increasing tensions between the US/NATO and Russia. I think we need a thread in which to post all the latest developments as they happen, so they are easy to find and keep track of. The humongous thread that started in March 2014 worked extremely well in this regard, at least pertaining to the situation in Ukraine. But the situation has grown well beyond just Ukraine now, with the latest incidents happening in international waters as Russian aircraft buzz US warships. So I figured I'd go ahead and start a thread for all relevant reports in regards to NATO/Russia matters. Please share and discuss anything you find interesting that pertains to this situation here.

I'll kick the thread off with this.....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/21/us-mulls-using-military-force-against-russia

That is certainly some of the harsher language I've heard coming from this administration and the incoming NATO Supreme Allied Commander in regards to the buzzing of our ships. Perhaps they are considering using the Turkey solution to send a message to Putin to knock this shit off?

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:39:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:47:09 PM EDT
First!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:49:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:52:46 PM EDT
As one of Arf's premier Russian haters I must say,no,that isn't the right course as it is exactly what Putin wants. He needs the US and EU/NATO as an external threat and shoving back just provides him with propaganda to use at home and on his favorite new audience,the low information wing of American conservatives.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:56:25 PM EDT
I predict the Russians invade Iceland, allowing for their long range bomber forces to have unlimited access to the Atlantic shipping lanes. This will make resupplying the forces in Germany much harder. It will kick off with targeted Spetnaz raids on NATO communication centers. If I were NATO I would target the Russian airborne C2 so at least NATO could control the skies.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:03:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:44:17 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

The war in Syria is over,huh?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:56:07 PM EDT
Title not bold not official yet
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:57:28 PM EDT
Instead of war, how about if the Queen sends that unwanted footman to Bear? I'll call it even then.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:04:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FlyNavy75:
I predict the Russians invade Iceland, allowing for their long range bomber forces to have unlimited access to the Atlantic shipping lanes. This will make resupplying the forces in Germany much harder. It will kick off with targeted Spetnaz raids on NATO communication centers. If I were NATO I would target the Russian airborne C2 so at least NATO could control the skies.
View Quote

I'm with this guy. Likely they'll smuggle in an Airborne division via a large cargo vessel and proceed to capture the airfield.
Holy shit I miss the cold war.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:18:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MikeEIB:

I'm with this guy. Likely they'll smuggle in an Airborne division via a large cargo vessel and proceed to capture the airfield.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeEIB:
Originally Posted By FlyNavy75:

I thought they managed to seize Iceland with just a regiment? Guess I'll have to go dig out that red book and read it again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:28:00 PM EDT
Well, I guess if Russia really wants to get curb stomped then they should do something besides threatening us.
Top Top