Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/7/2006 6:35:55 PM EDT
Saw that tonight...messed up ending.
Kind of saw it coming....but really fkd up just the same.

All i could really think about was that line early in the movie, about how she was afraid of guns, and could never get used to them. Perhaps if she was armed the whole outcome would have been different....but of course we cant have that in a popular movie...preaching the intrinsic benefits of an armed society.....hell it might convince the general public that owning a weapon actually will make you safer.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:37:50 PM EDT
I liked that movie.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:38:12 PM EDT
i LOVED the ending. i keep hearing rumors about a sequel, i don't believe that it's going to happen though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:42:30 PM EDT
Decent movie, but definitely screwed up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:43:46 PM EDT
I enjoyed the movie thoroughly.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:44:19 PM EDT
Saw it in theaters a few times.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT
I love that movie. Kevin Spacey is so friggin' creepy in it.

"Hey, I remember knocking on your door."
"And I remember breaking your face."
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:45:28 PM EDT
The sub plot about the .gov keeping tabs on library records was interesting...true story I wonder
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:45:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:

+1

Thats one of the best movie lines ever.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:46:55 PM EDT
Great movie, twisted ending.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:47:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 6:52:56 PM EDT by Zippy_The_Wonderdog]
Great movie. Loved it.

***************SPOILER ALERT**************************************

I had always assumed that in the box was the wife's head, but someone a short while ago pointed out to me that they never specified that it was her head in the box....and that there was a "conspiracy theory" if you will (if there really can be a conspiracy theory around a fictional movie) that in the box was not her head, but the unborn fetus.

Guess I need to watch the ending again to really tell.

As far as a sequel goes, I don't know how in the hell they could play it off considering Kevin Spacey's character was whacked in the end.

ETA: One of the best things about this movie was the circumstances under which I saw it. I was suddenly dragged off by friends to see Seven in the theater, but I had NO idea what it was about. I had heard of it, but knew NOTHING about it. Not even its rating. It could have been a cheesy feel-good movie about seven brother and sister orphans for all I knew.

What a surprise.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:50:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fossil_fuel:
i keep hearing rumors about a sequel, i don't believe that it's going to happen though.

OH dear God I hope not.

We don't need another great movie screwed by a sequel. I'm weary about Boondock Saints 2..
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:52:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By macro:
The sub plot about the .gov keeping tabs on library records was interesting...true story I wonder

you're kidding, right? i thought that was general knowledge, don't you remember when it was brought up when the patriot act was being renewed?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:53:52 PM EDT
help me out here its been a while sense i saw the movie and im not up on my 7 deadly sins.....what sins were the wife and unborn kid guilty of?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:56:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 6:58:10 PM EDT by Ndenway]
damn good movie, spacey always play the fucked up characters great.

as for what was in the box, I always thought it was the baby, since john doe said he tried to play a good husband but she wasn't going for it, and then tells pitt, you didn't know did you, she didn't tell you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:56:42 PM EDT
At my last job.... everyone... called me... "seven"
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:57:59 PM EDT
My uncle was in that movie. (as an extra)
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:59:31 PM EDT
the body double for the 1st body?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:00:17 PM EDT
Great movie.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:00:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 7:08:37 PM EDT by GabbasaurusRex]

Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:
***************SPOILER ALERT**************************************
I had always assumed that in the box was the wife's head, but someone a short while ago pointed out to me that they never specified that it was her head in the box....and that there was a "conspiracy theory" if you will (if there really can be a conspiracy theory around a fictional movie) that in the box was not her head, but the unborn fetus.

Guess I need to watch the ending again to really tell.

EDIT: Found the quote:

JOHN DOE: Are you listening to me, Detective Mills? I'm trying to tell you how much I admire you... and your pretty wife Tracy. It's surprising how easily a member of the press can purchase information from the men in your precinct.

SOMERSET: David... please...

JOHN DOE: I visited your home this morning, after you left. I tried to play husband... tried to taste the life of a simple man, but it didn't work out. So, I took a souvenir.

SOMERSET: Give me the gun.

JOHN DOE: Her pretty head.

MILLS: Somerset...

JOHN DOE: Because I envy your normal life. Envy is my sin.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:05:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:10:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HillBillySniper:
help me out here its been a while sense i saw the movie and im not up on my 7 deadly sins.....what sins were the wife and unborn kid guilty of?

they were the catalyst for the final sin, wrath.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:15:29 PM EDT
thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:21:34 PM EDT
That movie kicks ass
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:24:24 PM EDT
Oh I loved that movie,....

I would have done one thing different, I wouldu have shot him in the balls before killing him..

thats how macho I would be ..
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:29:27 PM EDT
when Spacey shows up to the precinct covered in blood, they say they found somebody else's blood...was it one other person's (the wife), or two other people's blood (wife and fetus)?

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:57:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leakycow:
when Spacey shows up to the precinct covered in blood, they say they found somebody else's blood...was it one other person's (the wife), or two other people's blood (wife and fetus)?

Just the wife's, I think. "Blood from a third party, not yet identified."
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:04:28 PM EDT
I remember Pitt's character packing a 1911 of some sort. Anyone remember the manufacturer?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:06:39 PM EDT
The movie struck a chord because I realized that the outcome would have been radically different if the victims chose not to be victims.

Instead of a serial killer on a spree, he would have been just another dead loser with a toe tag.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:14:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AJE:

+1

Thats one of the best movie lines ever.

+2 ROFLCOPTER
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:16:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leakycow:

Just the wife's, I think. "Blood from a third party, not yet identified."

There were three blood types. One was John Doe's, the second was identified as the disfigured model, the third "unknown" was Mills' wife's blood.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:19:07 PM EDT
Detective Somerset:"What is it?"
Detective Mills: "Dead dog."
Spacey: "I didn't do that."
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:35:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:

Originally Posted By HillBillySniper:

they were the catalyst for the final sin, wrath.

And the result of John Doe's sin of Envy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:27:17 PM EDT
I always thought the part with the fat guy was hilarious!

But that guy in the bed creeped me out.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:34:37 PM EDT
The end was very fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:44:08 PM EDT
Not a happy person movie. Perfect Noir film
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:43:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:
The movie struck a chord because I realized that the outcome would have been radically different if the victims chose not to be victims.

Instead of a serial killer on a spree, he would have been just another dead loser with a toe tag.

This was my big take-away from the film. The wife specifically talked about how she didnt like guns (big anti message)....perhaps if she hadnt been such a hippie and had armed herself......yeah, yeah...I know...its a movie....but the moral of the story is...armed people are less frequently victims. I would hope my wife would answer the door with her M85 in hand.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:57:20 AM EDT
So did the wife die?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:00:09 AM EDT
Great movie.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:06:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
So did the wife die?

Without a head, probability is high that she died.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:11:08 AM EDT
"great movie"
Top Top