Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:55:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 5:55:18 PM EDT by Boom_Stick]
Is it any good, or is it like Thin Red Line? (I hated that movie so much I took it to the range)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:56:49 PM EDT
crap on a stick.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:58:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Is it any good, or is it like Thin Red Line? (I hated that movie so much I took it to the range)

YES

GM
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:00:08 PM EDT
I liked it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:01:45 PM EDT
better than Thin BORING Red Line
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:03:02 PM EDT
It sucked.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:03:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

Huh . . . I thought Windtalkers was teh suxxor . . . but I kinda liked Thin Red Line. Confusing plot, lots of gunfire . . . no basis in reality . . . what's not to like? Maybe I should say that I liked it in spite of Sean Penn getting a part . . . or Clooney . . . Travolta was a little revolting . . . Cusack did alright.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:04:18 PM EDT
Any movie that features culture (or conflicts of) of whites and non-white I pass up. All too often the Caucasians are made to look like chumps, or worse.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:06:54 PM EDT
I thought it was entertaining. I wouldn't take it very serious though. Cage must have killed 500 japanese. I counted for a while but gave up.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:11:49 PM EDT
IMHO it's better than Thin Red Line
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:15:35 PM EDT
"The movie "Windtalkers"

Sucked taint, hard.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:16:51 PM EDT
I thought it sucked. They gave the special effects great reviews but they were really bad IMO. Direction, production quality, script and acting were all lacking.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:20:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By junker46:
Any movie that features culture (or conflicts of) of whites and non-white I pass up. All too often the Caucasians are made to look like chumps, or worse.

I have never been a fan of how natives are portrayed. Ever see "On Deadly Ground"?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:22:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Maggot:
I thought it was entertaining. I wouldn't take it very serious though. Cage must have killed 500 japanese. I counted for a while but gave up.

was he playing cotton hill?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:22:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gibby:
IMHO it's better than Thin Red Line

yup
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:39:48 PM EDT
I thought it was a decent movie.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:42:32 PM EDT
No movie in history was as bad as The Thin Red Line.

I have the DVD of Wind Talkers. IM me and it is yours for $5. Only watched once and can't seam to give it away
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:46:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 6:47:03 PM EDT by Sukebe]

Originally Posted By 8mm:

I have the DVD of Wind Talkers. IM me and it is yours for $5. Only watched once and can't seam to give it away

Can't give it away but you're selling it for 5 bucks? Have you actually tried giving it away?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:47:56 PM EDT

why dont you give me 5 bucks to take it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:54:12 PM EDT
bad movie imo. Rent it if you still feel the need to see it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:00:20 PM EDT
rent the greatest raid its better
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:00:47 PM EDT
I watched it for about 20 minutes and cut it off. so boring I couldn't concentrate on what was going on.

GR
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:02:05 PM EDT
WindTalkers didn't completely suck, but it was definitely a bit below average.

If you thought the movie "The Thin Red Line" was boring, try reading the book it came from.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:31:02 PM EDT
It is OK IF you realize the whole plot line about killing the Windtalkers is just made up horseshit… but only OK.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:02:21 PM EDT
I didn't care for windtalkers, the main character's pouty attitude was to much, and unless I missed something, seemed to me they didn't have to use any secret code to call in airstrikes, which seemed to be all they really did in the movie.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:05:23 PM EDT
Adam Beach in his best movie, Nicholas Cage in his worst.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:54:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By barkley-addict:
I didn't care for windtalkers, the main character's pouty attitude was to much, and unless I missed something, seemed to me they didn't have to use any secret code to call in airstrikes, which seemed to be all they really did in the movie.

If I remember the movie correctly at one point they (Americans) were pinned down and used the windtalking code to call for support.

Why would you use code to send a message that the enemy knows you are going to send? Seems it would only help the enemy to break your code.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:43:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AROKIE:
rent "the greatest raid", it's better.

not by much!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:18:56 AM EDT
If I remember the movie correctly at one point they (Americans) were pinned down and used the windtalking code to call for support.

Why would you use code to send a message that the enemy knows you are going to send? Seems it would only help the enemy to break your code.

double whammy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:03:05 AM EDT
possibly the worst war movie I have EVER seen
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:06:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RIA45ACP:
I liked it.

Same here.

TRL sucked so bad I stopped watching it.

Windtalkers may not be historically accurate, but it's got great battle scenes. A good semi-mindless shooter.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:58:38 AM EDT
Windtalkers is pretty bad in a way, but I think it got Marine weapons, equipment and uniforms pretty accurate. The Japanese stuff looked pretty good too. The movie seemed more about Cage's character than the Code Talkers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:25:16 AM EDT
the book, which was rather small, was beautifully written and gives you an inside glimpse to a world non indians could not imagine. the movie was directed by someone who has NO ability to tell a story--stay away from the movie and read the book--seriously, if you see the movie you will have no interest in the book--alexis
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:33:38 AM EDT
the who;e idea behind the windtalkers was that in real life the marines would be under attack, being shelled. before the indians came to help ( volunteering in fact !) it would take several minutes to an hour( if at all ) for communications to go back and forth and help would arrive in the form of big weapon rebuttle.the indians could be on scene and relate their position and that of the emeny in mere moments--seconds on a battlefield mean the difference between life and death--indians whose ancestors were labeled savages and unintelligent had the capacity to assess the situation and offer up emeny position in seconds--saving hunderds and thoiusands of GI'S, and of course take ground instead of losing it--alexis
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:39:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BeetleBailey:
possibly the worst war movie I have EVER seen

+1, it's horrible. Wish I never watched it, worst acting by Cage I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:41:38 AM EDT
the windtalkers had the ability while on the scene to relate back to the battlegroup where the enemy was and give precise coordinates for allied attack responces--without them the gi's would have to WAIT minutes or hours ( if at all ) to get there own messages out, wait for it to be deciphered and then wait some more for the return messege to come and be deciphered before they could counter attack---the windtalker could see where the trouble was coming from, relate it back to the battlegroup, get their responce and attack in only SECONDS OR MINUTES !!-- they saves thousands of lives and were directly responcible for the enemy ground taken instead of lost---ask ANY soldier who was there and they will not hestitate to thank god for the ' SOULLESS HEATHENS THAT SAVED THEM AND THEIR FELLOW SOLDIERS--ALEXIS
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:51:55 AM EDT
the code the windtakeres used wasa language no one else in the world could understand--indians spoke( speak ) in metophers and only another indian would know what they meant as they used names and p[laces from their own homeland to ascribe the places they were at on the battlefield---like if you wanted to give directions to someone you knew in a place both of you were new arrived at , " remember how we took a left at the old tree down by johnsons farm " you might say as you tried to tell them where to go on a battlefied--no enemy is going to understand what the hell that means on a battlefield far and away from johnsons farm, but the indians would know and right quick after a battleship would be pounding the enemy flat !
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:00:42 AM EDT
are you afraid to face the truth ? do you put your head in the sand when it comes to history ? in truth john wayne and his merry men in blue rode in on villages and shot down women and children, it is a fact, get over your romantic notion of white people being inherintely superior and everyone else being less than human, they SHOT CHILDREN and then went and had lunch--alexis--p.s i'm not ohio farmer, i'm a relative staying for christmas holiday, don't want there to be any confusion---alexis
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:11:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 8:31:42 AM EDT by Boom_Stick]

Originally Posted By ohiofarmer:
are you afraid to face the truth ? do you put your head in the sand when it comes to history ? in truth john wayne and his merry men in blue rode in on villages and shot down women and children, it is a fact, get over your romantic notion of white people being inherintely superior and everyone else being less than human, they SHOT CHILDREN and then went and had lunch--alexis--p.s i'm not ohio farmer, i'm a relative staying for christmas holiday, don't want there to be any confusion---alexis

Whoah! Take it easy young lady! I was just ask'in if the movie was any good.

Just to ease your mind, I'm not afraid of the truth and I know white people are not the superior race. I mean after all we only invented the flapless flying machine, the big fire that moves mountains, the horseless carriage, a better friendlier way of scalping (reselling tickets) and a better brand of firewater. Oh yeah...we invented the Duke too!

Does ohiofarmer know your sneaking into his computer room?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:16:24 AM EDT
I heard that the biggest accomplishment was the main character's career surviving a Nicholas Cage movie.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:26:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sukebe:

Can't give it away but you're selling it for 5 bucks? Have you actually tried giving it away?

I will give it away, $5 covers shipping to anyone who wants it. It is not worth losing money on twice.
(I have asked at least 10 people if they want it and they all declined.)
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:35:20 AM EDT
I really liked the part when the chubby little injun stabbed all those little china-men with his big ass knife. He was like THWACK, SPIN, THWACK, SPIN-to the leg-THWACK!
That was cool!

Samuel
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:36:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Samuel:
I really liked the part when the chubby little injun stabbed all those little china-men with his big ass knife. He was like THWACK, SPIN, THWACK, SPIN-to the leg-THWACK!
That was cool!

Samuel

The little injun that could!?

Oh man, I coulden't help myself on that one. Thank you, I'll be here all night....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:38:23 AM EDT
It's a chick flick, because women swoon over Nicholas Cage.
Top Top