Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2010 8:03:59 AM EDT
Enjoyed it, lots of fun, but not recommended for the young kiddies.

I told the wife that if she ever died, I intend to turn our daughter into Hit Girl.

She replied: "As long as you're going to avenge my death, that's OK."

Fist did a , then a
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I had the impression that it was a kids movie....boy was I wrong!
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome movie.  It reminded me of the old 80s comedies.  Except back then, they wouldn't hold true to reality when people got hurt.  This movie was brutally honest when it came to people getting hurt or killed.  

Wife told me I was sadistic for laughing at most of it.  Guess she didn't find the humor in it.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#3]
best movie of the year !
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#4]
it was promoted as almost a comedy, but from the first fight that "Kick-Ass" had I knew it wasnt gonna be,  It was ok at best.  Wife wants to learn how to use butterfly knifes now
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I actually liked it, it was weird and twisted but I LOLd a lot. Im gonna have to buy it on DVD
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought it sucked.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Better movie then most of the crap thats out there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Watched it this weekend (along with Legion, Book of Eli, and Death Race).  Was pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm looking forward to it. It's on my short list.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Watched it last night. Thought it was pretty damn good. Hit Girl stole the movie.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#11]
It was good.  Hit Girl kicked ass....that actress is gonna need therapy, and I hope she doesn't end up like Lohan....

Oh, and Nick Cage's Adam West impersonation was both spot on and totally hilarious!
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I liked it. I was expecting one thing and got another.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Loved it. Thought it was going to just be a silly comedy when I got dragged along to see it. Ended up highly surprised, and enjoyed the movie.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Hit Girl has the best one liners... "you C_nts want to play"?
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Watched it last night. Thought it was pretty damn good. Hit Girl stole the movie.

This
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Unfortunately mis-marketed film.  The commercials unfairly pawned it off as a superhero 'Superbad' and it is far, far from it.  I would have completely written it off based on the commercials had I not read about it elsewhere.  Glad I didn't - great movie!  Best role Nick Cage has had in many years.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#17]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePAYcMIAjuA

1:00 to 1:04

Now half of ARFCOM is gonna practice reloading like that.

The other half is gonna rub one out to the reloading scene.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No, only if you want your kids running around calling people c*nts.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hit Girl has the best one liners... "you C_nts want to play"?

Its "Okay you cunts, let's see what you can do now..."

And this is how happy a 12 year old girl gets when she impales someone:
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#20]
It was not what was expected.

It was not particularly enjoyed, although there were some funny parts..............most of it was just so disturbing that I couldn't stay with the humor of it.

If you got rid of kick-ass.....then maybe the movie would have been better.......but that character was way too distracting from the main hilarity, which was hit-girl/nic cage..(at least until I stopped watching)
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Too old.

Good movie. Hit Girl was definitely worth it on her own.

Kick Ass? They could have butched him up a little bit, for Christ's sake...

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#22]
makes me want a strobing TLR-2.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Another movie nearly ruined by Nic Cage.

That guy just needs to stop.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Hit Girl was the only good part of that movie. Now she kicked ass
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePAYcMIAjuA

1:00 to 1:04

Now half of ARFCOM is gonna practice reloading like that.

The other half is gonna rub one out to the reloading scene.

Hit Girl has some of the best theme music for her fight scenes
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#26]
That movie was fucking awesome.

To anybody who thinks it was a "kid movie" with a name that has an (albeit mild) swear word in the title, I regret to inform you that you're an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
http://pagansmurfen.ath.cx/temp/screenshots/vlcsnap-2010-08-09-18h30m52s127.png

Too old.

Good movie. Hit Girl was definitely worth it on her own.

Kick Ass? They could have butched him up a little bit, for Christ's sake...

That was probably the point.  To show what happens when an every-day weiner tries to be something that he's not.

In the grand scheme of things, it dosen't matter.  He still got the pie
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#29]
I enjoyed it.  The Hit Girl/Big Daddy introduction with her learning to take a bullet from "some junkie asshole" was gold.  What was surprising is how well the loving relationship between father and daughter was fleshed out, even if their style of bonding was a tad unusual.

Click To View Spoiler

Quoted:
Awesome movie.  It reminded me of the old 80s comedies.  Except back then, they wouldn't hold true to reality when people got hurt.  This movie was brutally honest when it came to people getting hurt or killed.  

Yeah, I liked that.  

Randomly:
Props to the guy playing Kick-Ass and the fight coordinator.  His physical presence and enthusiastic but amateurish fighting was a perfect balance between high school and hero.  It was somehow badass and pathetic at the same time.

I want my den to look like Big Daddies, very nice.

"A bazooka?.... OK."

Baton is French for stick.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#30]

The wife and I watched it this weekend. I would watch it again just because of Hit girl. She was definitely the hit of the movie.

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#32]
My wife and I watched it while on our volcano-extended vacation in Paris in April.

We were about the only ones laughing at the particularly fucked up parts.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#33]
I also think it sucked.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Spiderman + American Pie + Kill Bill = Kick Ass.

I thought it was hilarious. No one understands the irony of how the main character with the name Kick Ass always gets his ass kicked, and the real asskicking comes from the character you least expect?

BTW, the sequel is already in the works:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1650554/

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Just watched it last night and I really liked it.

Haven't seen a laugh out loud movie that actually makes you want to cheer in parts in a long time.

This movie is such an arfcom fantasy I can't believe some people don't like it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My wife and I watched it while on our volcano-extended vacation in Paris in April.

We were about the only ones laughing at the particularly fucked up parts.

Years ago we took a French foreign exchange student to one of the Robcop movies.   The scene where some pulls out someone's head and has the spine still attached had hod screaming like a little girl in the theater.   Every time I rent a German car in Germany, I leave the GPS programed for Paris.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It was good.  Hit Girl kicked ass....that actress is gonna need therapy, and I hope she doesn't end up like Lohan....

Oh, and Nick Cage's Adam West impersonation was both spot on and totally hilarious!

It was strange hearing the C word form a girl that young.  Her next job is playing the vampire in the English language remake of "Let the Right One In" (which is one of my all-time favorite movies).
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Yeah.

Imagine how much fun the actress must have had playing that part!
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#39]
I loved the movie, lots of good fighting scenes and gun pron
However, what website can I order a jetpack from, for only 300k, that can exceed the performance of all known current jet packs, which have millions in research thrown into them.
Hell, I want to see that website. . .
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was strange hearing the C word form a girl that young.  Her next job is playing the vampire in the English language remake of "Let the Right One In" (which is one of my all-time favorite movies).

she should be perfect for that role.  not many kids could pull it off...
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Yeah. We watched it the other night too. The wife and I liked it. I really liked the first person night vision scene towards the end. I also told my wife that I was going to start training my daughter. She wasn't amused.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
However, what website can I order a jetpack from, for only 300k, that can exceed the performance of all known current jet packs, which have millions in research thrown into them.

You can have the jetpack, I'll opt for the dual mini-mini-guns
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Originally, I was questioning how he could afford two of them, but then, taking into account the "bazooka" he had and the multiple select fire G-36's, I have come to the conclusion that hes stealing all of it
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't put them next to your ears!  
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Doesn't this say a lot.....  20 years ago a movie labeled KICK ASS would not have been allowed on the shelves, now people mistake it as a kids movie
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I've been meaning to watch it.

After my friend told me that a fight scene opens up with the purple haired girl getting kicked in the face, I knew the movie would be good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Looks too stupid for me to see.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Originally, I was questioning how he could afford two of them, but then, taking into account the "bazooka" he had and the multiple select fire G-36's, I have come to the conclusion that hes stealing all of it

They were not above relieving deceased drug dealers of their cash, and I think it was implied that they were reselling Frank's coke whenever they captured it in quantity.  They didn't care about the war on drugs, they were in it for the war on Frank.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#50]
That movie was one of the worst pieces of crap I've seen in a while.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top