Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/18/2002 9:13:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2002 2:07:40 PM EDT by maxwell05]
That’s it, I am calling Shenanigans. I when to see the movie "SIGNS" with my girlfriend and basically we are being attacked by aliens and no one has a gun. By the way it was in a rural community. Shenanigans Shenanigans Shenanigans
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:15:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:20:18 PM EDT
The only thing I could say, for 5 minutes, after I left the theater was "This obviously did not happen, and could not happen, in Texas"
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:32:05 PM EDT
That's all I could think: "You people live on a farm with kids to protect, and you have no long guns? You [b]DESERVE[/b] to have aliens eat your soft and chewy bits."
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:21:10 AM EDT
I was thinking the same thing (saw it at the drive-in on friday night). I was unclear if the aliens were suppost to be relatively uneffecetd by conventional weapons. when that fella was beating up that alien with the ball bat, it was the water that killed the alien not the beating, when mel chopped that aliens fingers off the stubs healed rather fast, and they talking in the movie about the army's of the world being mobilized but the inferance was that it was water that was the aliens weakness). at any rate, i didn't really like the movie, i didn't find the plot very believable. the second feature was XXX, which i found to be almost as stupid as signs. i think XXX was basically a punked out version of james bond. (from the physically impossible stunts, to the cool spy gadgets...and the dorky fella that comes up with them, the movie is set in europe). maybe its because i don't like vin, but i was robbed 4 1/2 hours of my life on friday night. sloth
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:26:57 AM EDT
So these big bad aliens travle from half way across the universe to mess with us, but they don't have the technology to see that our planet is 2/3 composed of water? What about all that water that leaks out of a human when they are popped or squeezed? How about the sweat? It has a serious case of "I can't suspend beielfs".
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:33:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2002 5:39:04 AM EDT by Stormbringer]
I was surprised that these space faring aliens could not come up with.....A RAIN COAT!! Edited to add.. My 9 year old son has our defense all figured out.. I get the FN 1A1 with a .45 backup. My wife gets the 20" AR with a BHP backup. My daugter gets the Daewoo K2 with a .32 ( VZOR50) backup. He gets the AK84 with a CZ-27 backup...... I am quite proud of him!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:43:22 AM EDT
Ignorant sheeple and teens will love it. Thanks for the heads-up. I ain't wasting my gold on this dumb-ass flic.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 8:24:14 AM EDT
I also heard that it was a hokey movie at best. I opted to go see "XXX" instead. Boy was I pissed. That was the worst XXX movie I ever seen. These movie people need to start delivering what they promise. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 3:11:48 PM EDT
Shimshamshambambalombimabadong's movies blow. The [i]Sixth Sense[/i] was tolerable, [i]Unbreakable[/i] was just downright disappointing. [i]Unbreakable[/i] would actually make a really good first movie in a series, but it doesn't appear as though they are going to make a follow-up. [i]Signs[/i] just sucked. Shame on Mel Gibson for being in such a cinematic pile of offal. It's a close number 2 to [i]Lethal Weapon 4[/i] in crappyness.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 11:26:49 PM EDT
I enjoyed Signs quite a bit. I like how everything has a reason and comes together in the end. As for Earth being 3/4 water, its not like we LIVE in water, and we wouldn't know to throw water at them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 11:59:05 PM EDT
This topic has been addressed already, but I'll add one more item. The aliens were destroyed by water! Um, air has moisture in it. Earlier we see them running through a corn fields at night. Do you think there's any dew on them corn stalks at night? Like someone said, $1M for Mel and $6K for everything else.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:09:18 AM EDT
Suspend your disbelief for once, it's a movie. Compared to most of them, the majority of it was semi-plausible. Even in the country there are people who don't own guns :) Some of you apparently cannot appreciate anything besides documentaries.
Top Top