Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 6:48:25 PM EDT
Oh my oh my!  What a temper he has.  He's in his room kicking and screaming!

Its actually rather comical but I need to pull it together and paddle his butt!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Just tell your husband to calm down.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, I think your going to have a line of ARFCOM horn dogs lineing up for a paddling.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just tell your husband to calm down.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hmm, I think your going to have a line of ARFCOM horn dogs lineing up for a paddling.

I'm first
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
All right, I walked myself into that one didn't I?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

In a room full of arfcom guys, feel lucky thats all you walked into.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Spank him so he knows he's been spanked & it should be a long time before he decides bad behavior is worth the price he's going to pay for it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife would mimic our kids when they did that.  It freaked the little shitmonsters out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In a room full of arfcom guys, feel lucky thats all you walked into.

I will count my blessings.  Searcherfortruth I did the best I could.  Things have quieted somewhat.  Patty
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#10]
does this mean no spankings
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My wife would mimic our kids when they did that.  It freaked the little shitmonsters out.

Oh my!  No way I have that much energy!  It wears me out just listening to him!  I wish I had that much energy to kick, scream, buck, okay I'll stop - I can see trouble again!

Patty
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How's that? Patty
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#13]

...the little guy...comical...have to pull it together...

You know, guys have feelings too and...and...and...oh never mind.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How's that? Patty

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I do the same with mine, even to the point of jumping up and down, holding my breath till I turn blue. I get the same reaction, then laughter, from them, as they calm down and realize what putzes they've made of themselves. Except for my teenage son- he really goes nuts when I do it....
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How's that? Patty

For you guys who mimic,  Patty
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#17]
When my son was much younger & still needed spanking he always snicked after my ex spanked him, but he feared the spank of the papa.

Son! do you want a spanking from dad? NO! papa!

Now at 8 he gets maybe 2 to 4 spankings per yr. He is a very well behaved & sweet child. He is a joy to be with & never acts up in public or in private. I'm very proud of him.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh my!  No way I have that much energy!  It wears me out just listening to him!  I wish I had that much energy to kick, scream, buck, okay I'll stop - I can see trouble again!

Patty

I can't do it....
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Spank him so he knows he's been spanked & it should be a long time before he decides bad behavior is worth the price he's going to pay for it.

Works for me!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
When my son was much younger & still needed spanking he always snicked after my ex spanked him, but he feared the spank of the papa.

Son! do you want a spanking from dad? NO! papa!

Now at 8 he gets maybe 2 to 4 spankings per yr. He is a very well behaved & sweet child. He is a joy to be with & never acts up in public or in private. I'm very proud of him.

Yes - I doubt my spankings really hurt too much but my boy is smart.  It might not hurt as bad as Dad's but there's better things to have than a spanking from Mom.  What's so funny is that I went into his room grabbed him up, put him over my knee and paddled his butt [with my hand] and asked him if he wanted to stop throwing this fit and he said yes and has been perfectly calm every since.  I made him sit quietly on his bed for 5 minutes and now he's watching a movie and having his snack before going to bed.

Go figure.  They're like a light switch!

Patty
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Draw Down!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Just ignore, the whole point of a tantrum is for attention.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Just ignore, the whole point of a tantrum is for attention.

I generally do but he was kicking the wall and throwing the furniture in his bedroom around.  I tend to intervene under these circumstances.  All is quiet on the Western Front.  I guess I should have known better than to name him Wyatt = Little Warrior!

Patty
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Large doses of Benedryl is all you need.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#27]
when I was a kid my parents had different levels of discipline. Everything from time outs to hickory tea (a name given to having a hickory wipped across your legs real quick for several minutes. Very painful) and everything in between. Sometimes just the mention of a punishment was enough to make me or my brother settle down.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Pneumatic nailer, feet in the corner of the room, peace and quite, PRICELESS!

Yes, never been a parent, carry on!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

How much for a 50 pound child?   j/k he's calm now.  Really he just needed his butt spanked.  Must be a boy thing.  Patty
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I finally solved this with our oldest daughter when she was small. I tape recorded one of her better tantrums and told her I was going to let her Grandma listen to it. Never had another spell after that.

NMSight
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
when I was a kid my parents had different levels of discipline. Everything from time outs to hickory tea (a name given to having a hickory wipped across your legs real quick for several minutes. Very painful) and everything in between. Sometimes just the mention of a punishment was enough to make me or my brother settle down.

When I was a child my brothers and I were given two options.  We could be well behaved, respectful children or we were beat.  We could exercise our options as often as so desired.  My brothers did occassionally, I was an , or at least smarter about it than my brothers!

Every now and then my mother would lecture us [we all hated her lectures, she would drone on and on] and my brothers would smart off and get spankings from my father.  I would endure it patiently but every now and then a smirk or a twitch or some facial expression would let my mother know I was less than enthusiastically enjoying her sermon and she would try to bait me by asking "What are you thinking young lady?" in which I would reply...."about how great of a role model you were as a child and how I should strive to be more like you."  My brothers would groan and usually got more spankings from Dad] and my mother would buy it hook line and sinker and usually let me go as long as I promised to think of what a great example she truly was!  Thank GOD I'm no where near that woman!

Patty
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I finally solved this with our oldest daughter when she was small. I tape recorded one of her better tantrums and told her I was going to let her Grandma listen to it. Never had another spell after that.

NMSight

Great idea.  I play the Santa card as often as possible.  Patty
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much for a 50 pound child?   j/k he's calm now.  Really he just needed his butt spanked.  Must be a boy thing.  Patty

might backfire on you, Benadryl makes me jittery
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

might backfire on you, Benadryl makes me jittery

Actually I have the mother of all Benadryl back fires for you.  When I weaned Wyatt he stopped sleeping well.  He would wake up 2-3 times a night wanting something to eat and it wore on me like no tomorrow.  So at his well child visit I told my doc and he recommended Benadryl which worked lickety split except the husband left the bottle down once [relying on the child proof cap] and Wyatt got into it and drank the entire bottle.  I rushed him to the nearest hospital [45 miles away] and they fed him charcoal and I went back to nursing him again for another month [my nerves were shot].  

Patty
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#35]
My dad just pistol whipped me when I was bad.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry, I have to interrupt this little spanking session to say...

Wyatt is a great name! Well done, Mom, well done!

Okay, carry on.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Really he just needed his butt spanked.  Must be a boy thing.

Sounds more like a parent thing.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Sorry, I have to interrupt this little spanking session to say...

Wyatt is a great name! Well done, Mom, well done!

Okay, carry on.

Thanks Moof - he's the only one I get to take credit for.  [naming that is].  Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top