Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/25/2004 4:10:44 AM EST
stopthenra.com (associated with the brady campaign to prevent gun violence)

In less than 30 days assault weapons may be back in this country (actually it’s 18 days bee-yotch)

In less than 30 days assault weapons will be back in this country unless President Bush keeps his promise to renew the ban.

The showdown is coming. At midnight, September 13 -- the landmark federal Assault Weapons Ban will expire. That means Uzis and AK-47s will be legal again and back in our neighborhoods and in the hands of nearly anyone who wants to get them. (woot!)

Playing politics with the Assault Weapons Ban is completely reckless. But President Bush and the Republican Congressional Leadership have so far decided to listen to the NRA, not to the 80% of Americans who want the Assault Weapons Ban renewed and not to every major police group in the country. (versus the 80% that can’t tell an AW from a can opener)

We're asking for your help now to save the Assault Weapons Ban. We are planning an intense week of activities from September 7, when Congress returns from summer vacation, until September 13. Our advertising, public relations and Internet campaigns are ready to go and we intend to let everyone in America know that President Bush is blocking the renewal of the ban. There are a majority of Senators who have already voted for the ban and Republican Congressional leaders have said if President Bush wanted the Congress to pass the renewal the votes would be there.

If the Assault Weapons Ban is allowed to expire, these weapons will be allowed on our streets, in churches, at football games, and even in schools. Here's an idea. Would the Republican leadership let these weapons into their convention? Of course not. But you get the point. President Bush and the Republican leadership are saying assault weapons are fine -- just keep them away from us. Doesn't that say it all.

Here's what you can do:

1. Contribute to our campaign
We are planning a major advertising effort using TV and print media. With your help we can run our advertising in key markets across the country. Our campaign will cost at least $500,000 and our fundraising drive is making great progress but we need your help.

Blag,blah, blah. Whimper,whimper,whimper. Etc.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:14:46 AM EST
I wonder how many thugs they will hire to go kill people with "Assault Weapons" ... I seriously would not put it past some of them ....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:15:04 AM EST
tears
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:18:01 AM EST
G*dDamn it all to hell. In 18 days I better have an AK in one hand and an Uzi in the other or I am going to go to VPC, Sara Brady, MMM and demand my MOTHERF^CKING UZI AND AK47 RIGHT F^CKING NOW!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:24:26 AM EST
You won't have to demand anything. Remember, the streets will be littered with these deadly bullet hoses (that feature more thrusts per squeeeeeze).
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:27:03 AM EST
Thats almost the same letter I just got from the VCDL. Except all the "deadly" were replaced by "finally".
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:32:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
1. Contribute to our campaign
Blag,blah, blah. Whimper,whimper,whimper. Etc.

Anybody else notice that it always comes down to "Give me $$", after all the whining is done??
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:01:29 AM EST
my e-mail I send to stopthenra.com

I have some questions about your statements made on your website..

1. In most states, 18-year-olds will be able to walk into gun stores and buy new American-made AK-47s.

Currently an 18 year old can buy a ak47. How would the AWB sunsetting change this?

2.In many states, it will be possible to bring concealed TEC-9 assault pistols, loaded with thirty rounds of ammunition, into bars, churches and sports arenas, and even public schools or universities

Carrying a gun concealed in bars, and public school is illegal in most states. Tec9's are also still sold and 30 round magazines can be bought. How would the AWB sunsetting chnage any of this.

3.In many states kids as young as 13 will be able to buy brand new American-made AK-47s at gun shows and through the classifieds.

People under the age of 18 are prohibited from buying guns. Person-to-person transfers are legal in many states however if I seel a gun to an underage person I more than likly will go to jail. Its not worth the money to rish going to jail.

4.New assault weapons will be advertised over the internet

Currently assault weapons are advertised over the internet. However they cannot be bought from state to state without going through a licensed gun dealer.

5. New rapid-fire ammunition magazines that allow guns to fire up to 100 rounds without reloading will be mass-produced and sold on a cash-and-carry basis to anyone, with no questions or background checks

These magazines you talk about are still sold to anyone. While they are not new they are still readibly available. When the AWB sunsets the only difference is they will cost less.

Im sure you already know this information. I would like to know why you are giving out wroing information about what the AWB actually covers.

Ryan
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:05:16 AM EST
WOW!!!!!!!!! People carrying UZI's and AK's into churches and schools, I'd love to see that!! Does the AWB expiring somehow make it legal to carry those things into churches and schools. I thought schools were off limits to all guns??
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:07:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By rasanders22:
my e-mail I send to stopthenra.com

Every email I have ever sent them comes back as undeliverable after a couple of days and I've used several different email addresses as well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:09:47 AM EST
Ryan: Unfortunately, the TRUTH does not figure into their agenda.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:19:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By gamesniper:
Ryan: Unfortunately, the TRUTH does not figure into their agenda.

I know, its like trying to convice Diane Fiestine that the AWB is useless. But I felt like venting. Whoe knows, mabye a new employee will read this and realize the truth.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:46:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 6:46:37 AM EST by 2IDdoc]
These people are desperate. They aren't legitimate anymore(tp the lefties), and it sounds like their going broke.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:02:37 AM EST
Finally, people are beginning to see thru the fearmongering, lies and class warfare of the left. And it scares the shit out of them as, other than "entitlements" they have only fear to offer. Win the hearts and minds of the young. That is the future of this great country and the only way to keep it great.

Fuck 'em. We're the ones with the guns.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:14:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By drjarhead:

And not just any guns. Full auto bullet hoses that will flood the streets in less than 30 days that kill school children from distances up to 5 miles which can penetrate 8 classroom walls and turn our streets red with the blood of innocents because we are all right wing gun loving redneck wackos that are going to church with uzis and aks and do nothing else but fantasize about our murderous tirades.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention more thrust per sqeeze in there!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:17:12 AM EST

In less than 30 days assault weapons will be back in this country unless President Bush keeps his promise to renew the ban.

This always cracks me up. Bush never "promised to renew the ban". He simply said he would sign the bill if it found its way to his desk. Nothing wrong with not helping it get there!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:25:47 AM EST

Our campaign will cost at least $500,000 and our fundraising drive is making great progress but we need your help.

It truly saddens me to think of what better things could be done with that money.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:33:57 AM EST

+1
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:40:30 AM EST
Oh for Pete's sake! It's not about truth, guns, right, wrong, honesty, dihonesty, morality, or immorality.

IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT MONEY. IT WILL ALWAYS BE ABOUT MONEY!

Fear fads are a wonderful means of making a living.

Liberals want the money.............yours and everyone else's.

They use whatever fear button they can find. Do you know why there are the number of pro-gun and anti-gun organizations there are? Because they are the exact number that the marketplace will support.

Every movement is about fear. What are people afraid of?

Not having health care.
Being shot.
Social Security running out of money.
Terrorism
Christianity
Humanism
­Sin
Morality
Liberals
Conservatives<­BR>
You name the fear and there is going to be an organization to make the most of it. It has to be fed with money and it will exist only so long as people literally buy into it.

Remember these past fears that don't seem to generate as much traction these days?

Stolen children
AIDS
Homelessness
Drugs
­Alar

They still exist, but people are mostly bored about it. Remember kids on milk cartons. Well, most kids are taken by non-custodial parents. AIDS....well Magic Johnson has refused to die and quite simply, we don't take AIDS as seriously as we once did. Homelessness....hell, we just got bored with it. Drugs.....we seem to have reached a discomfort level we can live with. Alar.....the stuff that made apples prettier....it was discontinued... and with it much of the poisoned food fear fad.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:43:41 AM EST
The first Amendment, at least what is left of it after McCain got done screwing with it, protects thier right to lie it will still be against the law to go into schools if you are have a gun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:47:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By 2whiskeyP:

And not just any guns. Full auto bullet hoses that will flood the streets in less than 30 days that kill school children from distances up to 5 miles which can penetrate 8 classroom walls and turn our streets red with the blood of innocents because we are all right wing gun loving redneck wackos that are going to church with uzis and aks and do nothing else but fantasize about our murderous tirades.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention more thrust per sqeeze in there!

Lock and load!
Top Top