Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 9:29:33 AM EDT
... It is starting to be a little late in the game, but I am starting to search for post graduation employment.  I will be graduating with a degree in Computer Engineering and a couple of minors come spring.
   I have a few questions to ask af all of you. They are as follows:

1. What states do I want to live in? In other words a conservative state with not so harse gun regulations and a state that has some sort of hunting opportunities.  My and my Fiancee (spelling?) love mountains, that would be nice to have some of those poking up around us.

2. I want a government job for a few resons.  I like the retirment plans they give and the job security.  However, I am not limiting myself to government jobs. Does anyone know of some companies that are hiring? From big ones to mom and pops shops.

3. The last question is, how much do engineers that go into the military make as far as salarie is concerned?  This would be my alternative if finding a job fails.

Thank you all for any input you can give.

P.S. you need not remind me that I can't spell, I promise I will do better on my resumes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you still in UT?  Do you not want to stay?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]
CO springs to mind. There are alot of military, government, and hi-tech jobs.  We have all the mountains and hunting you could ask for and sunshine something like 340 days a year. The weather in the Denver area is outstanding. The natives are freindly.

I have lived all over the country, and this is one of the best places I can think of.  There are still conservative gun laws here, and a good shall issue carry permit system. We can use all the conservative immigrants we can get.

The cost of living is a little higher than some parts of the country, but still alot cheaper than the east or west coasts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top