Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2016 12:29:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah those wont last long before being stolen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
What happens when more people cross one way than the other, and there are no flags left on that side of the street?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What happens when more people cross one way than the other, and there are no flags left on that side of the street?
View Quote

That's what the chicken is for.

Duh.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, it's a lot cheaper than a new stoplight system. At least they're saving money.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
They have those things here around Seattle also.  Few use them.  And many cars do not stop also.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]
About 25 mi. north of me is a town named Sandpoint, it's liberal mecca of the Idaho Panhandle.  Signs bill it as a "Walking City" when you enter.

Pedestrian crosswalks are everywhere, the instant the crosswalk button is pushed the red and blue light on either side of the road start flashing, it's a damned light show.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Since these fucking flag-carrying libtards can't quite figure out how to perfect this system, I'll go ahead and solve this problem for them.....

$15/hr. minimum wage flag-carriers at every crosswalk. One on each side of the street.  Full government healthcare and pensions included.

BOOM.  

Multiple problems solved.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Luckily, Seattle doesn't need crossing flags.  Seattle proper has rainbow crosswalks to guide you.  This is what happens when queer mayor is elected.  

</a>" />

ETA
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I hate those damn flags. I almost hit a guy last night crossing the street from left to right. I never saw him because his crotch fruit was on the opposite side of the road waving the flag. So it drew my eye to their location and I was worried they were about to run out in the road. The guy yelled at me of coarse, because I am the idiot letting my kids wave a flag on one side of the road while I walked into on coming traffic on the other side with no flag wearing dark clothes as the sun was going down.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never heard of this before.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#15]
The only place I've ever seen this nonsense is Salt Lake City.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Make them carry Confederate flags to cross the street and I bet not only will all cars stop, a crowd of angry liberals will gather.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Luckily, Seattle doesn't need crossing flags.  Seattle proper has rainbow crosswalks to guide you.  This is what happens when queer mayor is elected.  

http://<a href=http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu85/cornhskr/rainbowcrossing_1.jpg</a>" />

ETA
View Quote

Crossing Fags?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#18]
What pisses me off are riotous people that just walk out into the crosswalk without looking.

After almost mowing their worthless ass over, they shoot a dirty look like, "How dare you!. I'm a pedestrian!" I generally let people cross but the ones that don't look and just walk into traffic piss me off. Yes we have the stupid flags too. It makes it worse, like waving the flag is some kind of Talisman that makes 6,000 lb vehicles going 35 mph magically stop instantly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu85/cornhskr/rainbowcrossing_1.jpg</a>" />

ETA
View Quote

Why do homos always go for the weirdo Nun look? They look like fucked up clowns and I give them ridicule, not sympathy.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Walking is for hippies and poor people.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Just force everyone to wear a PT belt.

No PT belt, $600 fine.

If it saves just one life...
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
after you are done crossing you are supposed to go back and return the flag to where you found it  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
after you are done crossing you are supposed to go back and return the flag to where you found it  

LOL. They have those in Sisters, Orygun where tourists constantly crossing back and forth across the rd are the bane of society. We should refer to them as targets........

Best trip I've had through Sisters was about 3 years ago when a thunderstorm/hail went through and scattered the tourists like so many cockroaches in the light.

Sisters used to be a nice little town around 44 years ago when the future Mrs NMSight and I used to go there. Wouldn't live there now for all the $ in the world.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What pisses me off are riotous people that just walk out into the crosswalk without looking.
After almost mowing their worthless ass over, they shoot a dirty look like, "How dare you!. I'm a pedestrian!" I generally let people cross but the ones that don't look and just walk into traffic piss me off. Yes we have the stupid flags too. It makes it worse, like waving the flag is some kind of Talisman that makes 6,000 lb vehicles going 35 mph magically stop instantly.
View Quote

Most guilty of this are the millenials/college kids buried in their iPhones while walking diagonally in an area of the street not marked for pedestrians - they wouldn't notice a 18-wheeler passing inches away unless it hit them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Make them carry Confederate flags to cross the street and I bet not only will all cars stop, a crowd of angry liberals will gather.
View Quote

That is an idea. Just carry your own flag that size, but have it a confederate flag. Carry it with you all day long.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#26]
My favorite part is your wife's distrust of your knowledge of NYS law.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember seeing them in Salt Lake City years ago and thinking it was the dumbest thing I've seen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Just install a traffic light and be done with it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#29]
If they are in crossing in an uncontrolled, marked crossing, wouldn't the pedestrians have right of way, regardless of these flags?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Crossing Fags?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

Crossing Fags?

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ETA
View Quote

I think Kirkland, WA was the first city to have  the flags.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my area, certain groups have taken to making a sport of how long they can take to walk across the road if the driver waiting their transit is of a different melanin content level...

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#33]
I like the way the flags depict a person carrying a flag.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If they are in crossing in an uncontrolled, marked crossing, wouldn't the pedestrians have right of way, regardless of these flags?
View Quote

Yep, but still pedestrians are supposed to only proceed when safe, not just walk out without looking, crosswalk or not. They have those flags in Madison, WI. Supposedly to make pedestrians more visible to drivers. Well when you have drivers PLAYING WITH THEIR DAMN PHONES, even a flashing strobe light on top of a helmet wouldn't even get their attention. Combine these idiot drivers with idiot pedestrians walking and talking/texting/facebooking/whatever on their phones, I'm surprised more pedestrians haven't been clocked in Madison. Seen one UW-Mad student nearly get flattened by a 26' straight truck doing 25. Dumbass just walked right out into university Ave mid block without looking while wearing headphones. Truck stopped within a foot from hitting him. Kid just looked at the truck like "what?" and kept walking.

Madison isn't a city you want to hit a pedestrian in even if the pedestrian is the one in the wrong.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. The pedestrians DO have the right of way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I ran over a guy once that decided to step off the curb mid block, I don't think a flag would have helped him any.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do.   But it's not going to save them if they walk out into traffic, flag or not.

What really drives me nuts are the people that think waving their stupid flag means they can walk across the street with their nose stuck in their phone and expect to not die.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, they always have the right of way, with or without the flags.

The purpose of the flag is to increase their visibility to lessen the chance of them being hit by the inattentive drivers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Canada has some of the strictest pedestrian laws in the entire fucking world, and all it results in is pedestrians believing that they have an invisible force-field surrounding them as soon as the entire the fucking crosswalk and an increase in people being hit.

So of course, what is idiot-Canada going to do about it?  They're talking about lowering the fucking speed limits now.  

Make the pedestrians accountable for their actions and make them yield to traffic.  That's the solution.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Pedestrians are almost as annoying as bike riders.

I got to see the ultimate asshole meets asshole karmaggedon last week.   Some oblivious twat was on her Iphone walking in the crosswalk and got nailed by one of those leotard wearing bike idiots doing about 20 who ignored the signal.    Was almost worth the 5 minute delay it caused in my commute.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I've never seen this before,grab a flag and play frogger.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I stop for yoga pants and leggings.  While they may be the antithesis of "hi viz" in color, they are remarkably noticeable.  It's amazing how patient I can be to let some people cross the street.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I like the way the flags depict a person carrying a flag.
View Quote

Yo dawg...
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I've never heard of this.  Does the flag cover their casket?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:10:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#46]
we've got a few of these that are in the middle of the block because people are too lazy to walk to a corner with an existing crosswalk.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top