Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/28/2010 6:21:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 6:50:22 PM EDT by AlvinYork]

He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of representation in the legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.

He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.

He has made judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, standing armies without the consent of our legislature.

He has affected to render the military independent of and superior to civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation:

For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment for any murders which they should commit on the inhabitants of these states:

For cutting off our trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing taxes on us without our consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of trial by jury:

:
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:26:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 6:26:14 PM EDT by SIPCAT-C]
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:
He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has made judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:27:17 PM EDT
Been saying that for a while now.

See below....
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:35:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SIPCAT-C:

Yeah, that one was the one I enjoyed talking to my HS class the other day, I asked them to make a connection to anything they had heard about recently. A couple got the point.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:40:28 PM EDT
The Founding Fathers made the ultimate sacrifice and built a nation so WE could avoid "go time" as long as possible.

We have a system, begun by those great people and we should use it to the fullest extent possible.

Revolution is a nasty business, not what you see on the boob tube. The founders debated such measures for years. They tried many solutions, and suffered far more than we can even imagine in today's life.

Let's make sure its really time to go, for their sake, and for our childrens sake.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:43:42 PM EDT
Hummmmmm some how those old racist white guys still remain relevant.

Funny how guys who've been dead for over 200 years are still right more often that most people today
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:46:32 PM EDT
And may God give us all the balls to follow through if go time does come.

Originally Posted By Beachjumper12:
The Founding Fathers made the ultimate sacrifice and built a nation so WE could avoid "go time" as long as possible.

We have a system, begun by those great people and we should use it to the fullest extent possible.

Revolution is a nasty business, not what you see on the boob tube. The founders debated such measures for years. They tried many solutions, and suffered far more than we can even imagine in today's life.

Let's make sure its really time to go, for their sake, and for our childrens sake.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:47:39 PM EDT
If they could have voted out the King it would not have been go time then either.  We have lost the battle of education.  Revolt of an ignorant populace will not result in more freedom than we have now.

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:48:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cbrooks:

Funny how guys who've been dead for over 200 years are still right more often that most people today

It's almost like they had a crystal ball or something......
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:48:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By toddlerp:
And may God give us all the balls to follow through if go time does come.

+1
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:49:47 PM EDT

J/K
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:51:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LouisianaCarry:

http://www.shanoogie.com/l/thread-pics/thread-pic%20(76).jpg

J/K

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:54:10 PM EDT

J/K

Yeah
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:56:24 PM EDT
How did Scott Brown get elected in the most liberal, heavily controlled Democratic region of this country?

If it's anything other than proof that peaceful, honest and lawful means can take back this country, then please explain how Teddy Kennedy's throne is now in the hands of the enemy? There was no revolution necessary for that small and meaningful change. How did Reagan come to lead this country? Did we have to shoot anyone?

Go time? You're shitting on everything the Founding Fathers fought for if you pound your chest and dream of shooting politicians when the democratic mechanisms THEY DESIGNED are still working. Maybe not always the way you want them to, but that's the genius of the FF's, they gave you the tools to change it without killing people.

When the votes don't go your way, do something about it, but do it right and do it legal until that fails. So far, several centuries later, it's still working. Show me where voting doesn't work, and I'll show you where it does.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:00:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:02:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By swingset:
How did Scott Brown get elected in the most liberal, heavily controlled Democratic region of this country?

If it's anything other than proof that peaceful, honest and lawful means can take back this country, then please explain how Teddy Kennedy's throne is now in the hands of the enemy? There was no revolution necessary for that small and meaningful change. How did Reagan come to lead this country? Did we have to shoot anyone?

Go time? You're shitting on everything the Founding Fathers fought for if you pound your chest and dream of shooting politicians when the democratic mechanisms THEY DESIGNED are still working. Maybe not always the way you want them to, but that's the genius of the FF's, they gave you the tools to change it without killing people.

When the votes don't go your way, do something about it, but do it right and do it legal until that fails. So far, several centuries later, it's still working. Show me where voting doesn't work, and I'll show you where it does.

With my OP I don't remember saying it is go time, I don't remember saying anything about shooting politicians.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:04:25 PM EDT
I think its the "rational for go time" in your title that will be interpreted as such....
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:07:58 PM EDT
I think its the "rational for go time" in your title that will be interpreted as such....

Or with out editorializing, it might have indicated that they had it worse than us...... Either way our methods for redress have not been exhausted. What happens if they are?
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:09:43 PM EDT
What Founding Father wrote this, and where did he write it?

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:11:18 PM EDT

Or with out editorializing, it might have indicated that they had it worse than us...... Either way our methods for redress have not been exhausted. What happens if they are?

Then its "go time"

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:12:04 PM EDT

Not sure if serious.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:13:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By astronwolf:

You're kidding right? I truly hope you are. Google Declaration of Independence.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 7:17:26 PM EDT by unpleasant]
I am a bit skeptical of the use of the "go time" phrase.

The Founding fathers basically exhausted every political option with the British before the boats showed up and the shooting starts. Today, we are FAR from exhausting all of our political capital.

They knew what the declaration of independence would bring down upon them, but it was years and years of political negotiation, debated, and shuffling before the first fighting began.

We truly don't want this fight to ever happen.. and it doesn't make sense to sit here behind a case of loaded pmags, booze and cigarettes, ready to run out the door in a minutes notice donning your chest rig for the "shooting war" when we haven't participated in the proper channels that our founding fathers put into place to fix the problems we are facing.

I for one am ashamed in myself for bitching, pissing and moaning about our political landscape today.. and having not taken an active political role my state's last congressional & senate elections, as well as the presidential elections.

ETA: To clarify, before you kiss your family goodbye, pick up a rifle and run out the door, you better have spent countless months of your time campaigning, fund raising, going through the correct political channels, and your name better be on a damn ballot somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:13:45 PM EDT

J/K

Yeah

He's calling the OP Ghey.

j/k
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:15:58 PM EDT

Really...

Hey, government schools, ya gotta love 'em....
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:16:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 7:17:46 PM EDT by machinisttx]

The system is on life support, neglected by undereducated morons, the majority of which shouldn't even be able to vote. At best, the massivetwoshits election only slows the eventual collapse of every principle this nation was founded on.

ETA: how do you consider the system as "working" when some non taxpaying fuckstain has a say in how much money is taken from you and/or how it's spent?
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:18:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 7:20:54 PM EDT by Beachjumper12]
Originally Posted By hollywood387:

J/K

Yeah

He's calling the OP Ghey.

j/k

Actually he's calling me ghey.

I collect such tickets, and save them for cold days.

Then I use them, and it warms my heart.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:27:28 PM EDT

Really...

Hey, BJ12, I teach in one, and I make sure my students know who wrote it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:30:57 PM EDT

Really...

Sorry, my sarcasm did not go through.

Nothing personal.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:32:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 7:34:06 PM EDT by AlvinYork]

Really...

Sorry, my sarcasm did not go through.

Nothing personal.  

Oh, that was Washington right?
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:33:02 PM EDT
Okay, I've been called ghey, and I've mistakenly insulted a teacher.

Bad night.

Time to go.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:02:02 PM EDT
So, since its not "go time", being prepared for "go time" is wrong?

I retain the equipment and ability to participate in "go time" when it becomes necessary. I am learning and am going to get training so I will be more affective if it becomes "go time".

Its obviously not yet "go time". When it is obvious, many hear will scream at the top of their lungs that it still isn't.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:06:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By batmanacw:

I retain the equipment and ability to participate in "go time" when it becomes necessary. I am learning and am going to get training so I will be more affective if it becomes "go time".

Its obviously not yet "go time". When it is obvious, many hear will scream at the top of their lungs that it still isn't.

The same was the case, in 1776, 1777, 1778. Prepare for war, pray for peace.

Preparation is never a waste.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:11:10 PM EDT

Well said. Even the guys who think "go time" will never happen should be prepared at a basic level.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:12:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 8:13:54 PM EDT by jcrone2]
The founding fathers hadn't planned on so many voters....and at that so many dumb voters....

maybe not all dumb but very few capable of rational thinking
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:12:39 PM EDT

Well said, swingset.  Well said.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:14:09 PM EDT

+1
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:15:46 PM EDT

ouch

even I would have a hard time arguing with that

and I would rape your face for a jolly rancher and some pocket lint!

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:17:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 8:18:08 PM EDT by jcrone2]
maw

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:18:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SlipShot762:

ouch

The founding fathers wanted every adult in the country to be able to vote?  I didn't realize that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:38:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 8:39:06 PM EDT by SlipShot762]
Originally Posted By jcrone2:
Originally Posted By SlipShot762:

ouch

The founding fathers wanted every adult in the country to be able to vote?  I didn't realize that.

well, there is a theory that it was that way initially for economic reasons, to grow the antions nations might, and would eventually be changed....but its a theory i think
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:45:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SIPCAT-C:

Yeah, that one was the one I enjoyed talking to my HS class the other day, I asked them to make a connection to anything they had heard about recently. A couple got the point.

Maybe it is too late, and I'm too tired after work and then studying...I'm not making the connection unless we are talking about Obama's Czars...a little help please...
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:51:29 PM EDT

You haz some reading to do...

As for the OP, and some assumptions from some folks.  Yes folks are angry.  Yet the basis of changing things peacably are still working.  Yes, it's stressful as hell.  The framework has not collapsed.  Get off your asses and start helping.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:51:47 PM EDT

This man speaks the truth. All is not lost, people are waking up and it will change for the better.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:53:27 PM EDT

And that, holds true.  To this day.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 9:00:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 9:00:41 PM EDT by djsmiles]
Originally Posted By machinisttx:

The system is on life support, neglected by undereducated morons, the majority of which shouldn't even be able to vote. At best, the massivetwoshits election only slows the eventual collapse of every principle this nation was founded on.

ETA: how do you consider the system as "working" when some non taxpaying fuckstain has a say in how much money is taken from you and/or how it's spent?

well, as a resident of "massivetwoshits", i am glad to have helped slow the downword spiral.  maybe those in other states can help stop the spiral.  instead of name calling, you should get out there and do something about the political landscape.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 9:12:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jcrone2:

The founding fathers hadn't planned on so many voters....and at that so many dumb voters....

maybe not all dumb but very few capable of rational thinking

Exactly.

So many forget that the founders foresaw EXACTLY what would happen with a welfare state, and wrote the constitution to prevent it.

You had to be a white male land-owner in order to vote.  In other words, you had to be a productive, tax-paying citizen.

We fucked that up by taking away the "land-owner" portion.  I'm ok with women, blacks, asians, etc voting.  BUT, they must be tax-payers.  If you are on welfare, or receive more back in refunds than you paid into the system; you don't vote.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 9:59:28 PM EDT

The main reason we can ALL be thankful, is that our Dear Leader has bitten off more than he can chew...He pushed too hard and too fast to get his bullshit completed before he gets booed out of office in 2012.

He fucking SHOWED America the bullshit that will transpire if any of his plans and machinations take hold.

If he had not been "out in the public" 24/7/365, he could have laid low, conned his way into a more evil bill (blanket bill) and fucked us hard.

Thank God for Narcissism!!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2010 10:28:04 PM EDT by GUNSFORHIRE]

It's almost like they had a crystal ball or something......

I always have believed that some of them were from the future..They just had to be!.

There is no way around it!..

Either they were from the future,could see the future,were being led by someone who was or could or they
were guided by Angels in every move they made..

I have read all sorts of things where some suppose that GW was a member of the bloodline of the original keepers of the Ark of the Covenant or some knowledge given by God to his ancestors..

George Washington's Angelic Vision at Valley Forge

Wow, I was the first visitor on the counter..

The Vision

"I do not know whether it is owing to the anxiety of my mind, or what, but this afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful female. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed, that it was some moments before I found language to inquire into the causes of her presence. A second, a third, and even a fourth time did I repeat my question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of her eyes. By this time I felt strange sentiments spreading through me. I would have risen, but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to address her, but my tongue had become useless, even thought itself had become paralyzed. A new influence, mysterious, potent, irresistible took possession of me. All I could do was to gaze steadily, vacantly at my unknown visitor. Gradually, the surrounding atmosphere seemed as though becoming filled with sensations and luminous. Everything about me seemed to rarify, the mysterious visitor herself becoming more airy, and yet more distinct to my sight than before. I now began to feel as one dying, or rather to experience the sensations which I have sometimes imagined accompany dissolution. I did not think, I did not reason, I did not move; all were alike impossible. I was only conscious of gazing fixedly, vacantly at my companion.

"Presently I hear a voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn,' while at the same time my visitor extended her arm eastwardly. I now beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and I looked upon a strange scene. Before me lay spread out in one vast plain all the countries of the world –– Europe, Asia, Africa, and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific. 'Son of the Republic,' said the same mysterious voice as before, 'look and learn.'

"At that moment I beheld a dark, shadowy being, like an angel floating in mid-air, between Europe and America, dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand. He sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left hand he cast some on Europe. Immediately a dark cloud raised from these countries and joined mid-ocean. For awhile it remained stationary, and then moved slowly westward, until it enveloped America in its murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning passed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people.

"A second time the angel dipped water from the ocean, and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back to the ocean, in whose heaving billows it sank from view. A third time I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them. Again I heard the mysterious voice say, 'Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn.'

"At this the dark, shadowy angel turned his face southward, and from Africa I saw an ill-omened spectre approach our land. It flitted slowly over every town and city. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking, I saw a bright angel, on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word "Union," bearing the American flag, which he placed between the divided nation, and said, "Remember ye are brethren.' Instantly the inhabitants, casting from them their weapons, became friends once more and united around National Standard.

"And again I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpeter to his mouth and blew three distinct blasts, and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia, and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: from each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were joined into one. And throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America, which country was enveloped in the volume of the cloud. And I dimly saw these vast armies devastate my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' When the voice had ceased, the dark, shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth and blew a long fearful blast.

"Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel, upon whose head still shone the word "Union," and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens, attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well-nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle. Again, amid the fearful noise of conflict, I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious.

"Then once more I beheld the villages, towns, and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice, 'While the stars remain, the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last.' And taking from his brow the crown on which was blazoned the word "Union," he placed it upon the Standard, while the people, kneeling down, said, 'Amen.'

"The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappearing, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, "Son of the Republic, what you have seen thus far interpreted: Three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful is the third, passing which the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land, and the Union.' With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat, and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown me the birth, progress, and destiny of the United States."

"Such, my friends," concluded the venerable narrator, "were the words I heard from General Washington's own lips, and America will do well to profit by them."
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 6:02:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rogueI:

Not sure if serious.  

I'm not....unless you count the times when I am,then I am.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 6:05:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GUNSFORHIRE:
-snip-George Washington's Angelic Vision at Valley Forge

Thats will not sit well with much of ARFCOM.
People who see/believe in "sky Gods" and angels are retarded.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top