Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 8:52:46 AM EDT
First let me state that I am not saying that this is the only way to cook wings or that it is the best, only that this is the process I have arrived at after extensive tests.  

Step 1: Buy wings.

Two choices, either buy the party wings that are already sectioned or buy the entire wing and section it yourself.  I bought the entire wing only because there were no party wings left.

Step 2:  Section wings.

Section the wings into three parts, the drumstick, the wing middle and the retarded wing tip.  Keep the two large pieces and toss the gross tip.

Step 3:  Prepare wings for marination.

Place all sectioned wings in a large plastic bag.  Into the bag with the wings goes:  1 entire bottle of Texas Pete's wing sauce (this stuff is the shit), a bunch of shakes of tabasco sauce, some Jim Beam hot sauce, some Cholula hot sauce, some garlic salt and some black pepper.  After this is done place the wings in the fridge overnight.  The Cheech Maron chipotle sauce is only there for comic relief.

Step 4:  The pre grill.

I have found that wings cooked on the grill stay a bit chewy, so the grilling is only half of the cooking process.  Grill your wings so that they get some char on them but don't grill them all the way through.  During step #4 feel free to dump some of the marinade on top of the wings.  When you are satisfied with the level of cookedness, place all wings in a large disposable Lasagna pan.

Step 4:  Pre bake preperations.

Take a second bottle of Texas Pete's and dump it all over the wings.  Depending on how many you make you might not need the entire bottle.  Also during this step a crucial ingredient is added,  Budweiser.   Dump about half a beer into the pan.  After this is done sprinkle a shitload of parsley flakes all over the top and then cover with tin foil.

Step 5:  Bake.

Bake at 350 for about 1 hour.

Step 6:  Enjoy

Eat as many wings as you can while drinking as many beers as you can and watch your beloved New England Patriots  beat the hell out of Jacksonville.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
i'm usually not a big fan of homemade wings, but those look pretty damn good
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Great photos.  I'm hungry for some hot sauce and some of those bbq'd wings.  Aren't some wings deep fried?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for entertainment.

I may be having a few friends over wednesday night for Poker.  may have to give wings a shot.

what's the difference between "bunch of shakes" and "a shitload"

the Pats slaughtered Jacksonville...wasn't even fun to watch
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Good job.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#7]
No way.

Grilled wings are just OK.

Deep fry them in peanut oil till golden brown and shake them down in a tub of 1/2 Franks Hot Sauce & 1/2 melted butter.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
WING HUNT!!

I almost forgot!!!!

FUCK YEAH!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#9]
While they really do look VERY good, and I would dive headfirst into that pan.

But they aren't really true Buffalo wings...real buffalo wings are deep fried, and then sauced after cooking.

BUT again, I wish I was chowing down on some those bad boys.....they do look delish...I'll try out recipe (can't do real wings, since I don't have a fryer....)
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#10]
those look fuckin awesome
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

But they aren't really true Buffalo wings...real buffalo wings are deep fried, and then sauced after cooking.

BUT again, I wish I was chowing down on some those bad boys.....they do look delish...I'll try out recipe (can't do real wings, since I don't have a fryer....)

Fuggin' A  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No way.

Deep fry them in peanut oil till golden brown and shake them down in a tub of 1/2 Franks Hot Sauce & 1/2 melted butter.

+ eleventy billion
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#17]
looks good.

Gunna have to try it out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
No way.

This is a decent recipe.  However, if you want to make them hotter, lower the amount of butter in relation to the hot sauce, and add something like I do:  A tablespoon of Dave's Insanity Sauce.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Dude,that is awsomeI normally like my wings deep fried,or in the case of raw wings,baked in an oven then deep fried for a few minutes to finish them off,but I will subscribe to this thread,and give your method a try.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No way.

This is a decent recipe.  However, if you want to make them hotter, lower the amount of butter in relation to the hot sauce, and add something like I do:  A tablespoon of Dave's Insanity Sauce.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh, Hell I gotta tag this.
Love chicken wings.
Especially the hot ones
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Next time I'll try deep frying them, although I could just as easily go down to the local sports bar and get them there as that is how they prepare them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#23]
"After this is done sprinkle a shitload of parsley flakes all over the top "

The mark of a true cook, no damn measuring cups and shit like that.

I just add shit till it looks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Step 1: Buy wings & Texas Petes

Step 2: Section wings, toss tips

Step 3: Deep fry wings

Step 4: Put cooked wings in bowl, pour Texas Pets generously over wings, put lid on bowl and shake to distribute.

Step 5: Serve with cold beer and a side of celery sticks & blue cheese dressing.

Less work, less mess, lots of fine eatin'.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Those look great.  For those that want even less work is the archie moores wing songs.  Good stuff.  after the wings are done just pour some on and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No way.

Sometimes I use more than that to get this result:

When I make these, not many will even try to eat them.  But I like them.  If you're not sweatin', they're not hot enough.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Unless you deep fry outside or have a kick ass suction hood in your kitchen everything ends up smelling like grease and it gets on everything.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#28]
This weekend I will try the deep fry method.

My girlfriend will be out of town for the weekend so I should have time to get the grease out of the air in our apt.

GO PATS!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Eat as many wings as you can while drinking as many beers as you can and watch your beloved New England Patriots  beat the hell out of Jacksonville.]tinypic.com/juzsio.jpgl]

W00t!!!!!!!! on the Pats.

re: the wings, why not just swallow a torch?

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#30]
The wings I make are not about the heat, they are all about the flavor.  But they are hot!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#31]
deep frying is the only way to go, love the crispyness
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#32]
1. Deep fry wings, realyl get them cooked well
2. mix in pan with Franks Red Hot and butter
3. put into oven on 250 while frying more wings
4. repaet 1-3 as needed
5. pour remaining sauce over entire batch at end

We have one of the fryers with a lid and charcoal filter, helps a lot. We got a turkey fryer for Christmas, can't wait to use it to make a whole shit load of wings. The baking of the wings makes the sauce stick well.

Sorry for the bad news but the Patriots are going to loose to the Broncos this week.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#33]
you gotta deep fry them first and finish them in the oven.  Its the only way to go.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#34]
WING BUMP!!!!

I tried strangle's method and the wife loved them.  The wings were much more tender than my normal "grill only" style.  

For you deep fryers:   Any tips for a first timer?  Oil temp?  Fry them nekkid or with sauce?  

And something for all of you guys: The wings at the local eatery always have a vinegary(is that a word?) taste.  My wife doesn't mind the heat as long as it has that slight vinegar taste.  Should I add some vinegar to the mix?  If so, which step.

Thanks much you Wing Heads.

CHRIS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top