Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 1:14:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably the best food you poor bastards have.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Probably the best food you poor bastards have.

Good point.  So now they'll buy even more of them than we do.  It's the end of the British as we know them.z
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Now we will all get as fat as you guys...

ANdy

No chance. You guys will ban donuts, followed closely by a ban on getting fat.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Investors went crazy when that company issued stock in 2000.  I had never heard of them until then.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:32:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Get 'em when they're warm...fresh out of the deep fry, or whatever it's called.  They melt in your mouth and the experience is nearly sexual.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I brought two dozen Krispy Kreme donuts into work for the ladies today.... 12 original and 12 assorted....Instant finger licking addiction!

ANdy

uk.krispykreme.co.uk/krispykreme/mediarelations/index.phtml?link=show&id=20050112214607140580

Ship them up north, doubtless some distant Scot relative of mine will figure out a way to bread and deep-fat-fry them, probably with marshmallow filling.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:10:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Is it true that to get a good meal in England, you have to go to France?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:10:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted: Get 'em when they're warm...fresh out of the deep fry, or whatever it's called.  They melt in your mouth and the experience is nearly sexual.
Mrs Vito had one straight from the counter yesterday... she certainly enjoyed it!

Don't you Brits know it's unsanitary to do it on food service surfaces?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Mrs Vito had one straight from the counter yesterday... she certainly enjoyed it!

ANdy

God no, Rubbery American doughnuts, no way!

I'll stick with "domestic" Sainsbury's Blackcurrant doughnuts! I wish those bastards still made em

/PHil
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:41:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

Apparently you've only had the ones that have been shipped over by steam liner, or perhaps you were taken to an awful donut shop on a visit.

Good, even halfway decent, American donuts, cake or yeast, plain or glazed or frosted, can't be described as "rubbery" in any possible or imagineable sense of the word.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:43:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Put four or five on a platter, smother them with gravy, bacon bits, and two scoops of ice cream. Wash it down with a diet Coke.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:14:16 AM EDT
[#13]

God no, Rubbery American dough nuts, no way!

No, KK donuts are not like that!  You're thinking of Dunkin Donuts that are horribly tough and rubbery.  Dunkin Donuts should come with an ADA (American Dental Association) warning because they're so tough they're dangerous to your teeth.  KK donuts are the opposite.  They're very light.  They melt in your mouth.  You can eat a dozen of them without getting full.z
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:51:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They melt in your mouth.  You can eat a dozen of them without getting full.

Yet, strangely, your belt shrinks...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

And the sugar will rot your teeth.
Oh, wait .....
Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

They're called pessaries, and you aren't supposed to eat them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:01:58 AM EDT
[#17]
They'll get banned soon.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

I'll stick with "domestic" Sainsbury's Blackcurrant doughnuts! I wish those bastards still made em

/PHil

Dont knock it till you have tried one.... or a few dozen...

KK donuts are one of the highlights of American quisine

We just got a Krispy Kreme in the BX here at Osan
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#19]

if people truely wanted peace on earth, they would help Krispy Kreme spread to every nation. it's hard to crusade for the destruction of capitalism and the downfall of western society while compulsively hammering delicious fried heaven down your throat.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Thank you Lord for making my stomach upset if I eat a doughnut

Man, if I eat those fried rings of death I will burp that crap for the rest of the day....

wouldnt touch em' with a bargemans pole...eeeuch

Just thought Id share

Dram out
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:35:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Ah, I see zee plan eez working comrade....good good....bwahahahaha
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:38:10 AM EDT
[#22]
[Homer]Hmmmmmmmm, Timbits.......droooool[/Homer]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I loved Krispy Kreme donuts when I was a child. Years later I've found that my ability to metabolize a months worth of sugar in one morning has deteriorated. Dunkin Donuts products aren't much better, but they do have the advantage of not sending one into diabetic shock upon the first bite.

When I was a child my goal was to con my parents into buying a donut Krispy Kreme doesn't seem to make anymore. It was a glazed, chocolate covered donut with a a giant dollup of solid icing in the middle, topped off with a marachino cherry. It was the nitro-powered funny donut of the KK product line. One of those monsters accompanied by two regular glazed donuts was enough to send my sibling and I into high Earth orbit.

The decision of the original owners to sell out and turn the company over to a corporation was surprising. KK was a well kept Southern secret for decades. Some folks think the world would be better off if it had been kept a secret, but I can't comment about that.

Galland
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get 'em when they're warm...fresh out of the deep fry, or whatever it's called.  They melt in your mouth and the experience is nearly sexual.

ANdy

While 12 dozen cameras watched her every move
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Donuts......aaaaghhhaggh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top