Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2005 10:18:22 AM EDT
"We know for a fact that nonunion, blue-collar, Caucasian men vote very disproportionately Republican, and when you look at the felon population in the state of Washington, they are overwhelmingly nonunion, blue-collar, male Caucasians," said state Democratic Party Chairman Paul Berendt.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2002266615_democrats07m.html

The Ledger reported this quote:
"The Republican base has always been nonunion, white, blue-collar
males, and that's who the felons are in the state of Washington," said Paul
Berendt, chairman of the state's Democratic Party.

I couldn't confirm that source, but I wouldn't be surpised if the Seattle Times modified the quote.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Found the link
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050523/ZNYT02/505230398

According to the state Democratic chairman, if you're a white, non-union, blue collar worker, your a felon.

I can't believe no one on this board has any comments on that.

How about the Times quoting something less offensive? Which do you believe is accurate?

Do you believe the statement is a fair representation of felons and non-union white workers?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It's OK to insult whitey, I thought everyone knew that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, somebody tell Hillary quick since she is also behind this felons voting pipedream the Democrats have. I would think Felons would be primarily Democrats since they advocate shorter sentences and are in favor of rehabilitation instead of punishment. Democrats make felon's lives easier so they would effectively be adding votes to their base.  No if they can only get the Illegal Aliens voting rights they wouldn't be able to lose. Like it or not, government controlled social security,  welfare, and government medical insurance programs buy the Dems tons of votes just as felons voting will. There already is a process for felons to have their rights restored, I know a couple of people who have done it, they can own firearms and everything again I'm pretty sure.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"We know for a fact that nonunion, blue-collar, Caucasian men vote very disproportionately Republican, and when you look at the felon population in the state of Washington, they are overwhelmingly nonunion, blue-collar, male Caucasians," said state Democratic Party Chairman Paul Berendt. .

Um, last I checked most of the felon population are of a darker persuassion.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF do they know ? I belong to 2 different unions, I vote Republican w/o fail & yes I actually work. The number of union members who are voting Rep. are growing.

No I don't fly no friggin' desk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]

What are you, an underground Zombie fighter?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/apxpred/work/DSC00276a.jpg

What are you, an underground Zombie fighter?

Hey, get em before they rise !

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Now there is a man that works.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WTF do they know ? I belong to 2 different unions, I vote Republican w/o fail & yes I actually work. The number of union members who are voting Rep. are growing.

No I don't fly no friggin' desk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/apxpred/work/DSC00276a.jpg  

I can assure everyone, having flown more than a few desks in my time, that this man actually works for a living.  I have no idea what he does, but my interpretation is as follows:*

*I hope of course, he has a keen sense of humor because he doesn't look like the kind of person I want mad at me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top