Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/4/2004 5:09:14 AM EST
My wife turns on NBC in the mornings after I leave. This morning, she turned it on a little early. I here katie curic and chris mathews practically having an orgy about how well skerry is doing, and the latest, perfect, Newsweek poll.

Mathews was saying "not since Kennedy/Nixon debates have we seen this kind of shift."

Curic, that little bitch, couldn't even say "President Bush", only "Bush". You could here the contempt in her voice.

What bullshit! Talk about media bias. Please ohh please let non biased polls come out today, showing little to no gain for skerry.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:14:23 AM EST
For a long time these morning program people still referred to former president Bill Clinton as Pres. Clinton, the old Freudian slip Of course they back up tad and say former pres Bill Clinton. Yep, can't bring themselves to say President Bush.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:17:13 AM EST
Typical liberal bedwetting. It sickens me to hear Tom Brokaw refer to President Bush as 'Mr.' - too many times to count actually.

Couric is a washed up shriveled hag - waaaaay past her prime, but still grasping at the thought of actually coming close to being 'pretty'
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:20:30 AM EST
Does it bother anyone else when they call the President "Bush" or "Mr. Bush"? He's the fucking president for crying out loud. Like him or not, he still deserves your respect. Even when Clinton was in office I had the decency to call him President Clinton because of respect for the office.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:22:28 AM EST
Glenn Beck said this morning that the Newsweek poll changed the demographics of the poll, by questioning 5% less Republicans and 6% more Democrats.
And also, they only questiioned the Pacific Time zone, leaving out Texas, the Midwest, and The South.
Sounds like they got just what they wanted for results.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:25:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
Glenn Beck said this morning that the Newsweek poll changed the demographics of the poll, by questioning 5% less Republicans and 6% more Democrats.
And also, they only questiioned the Pacific Time zone, leaving out Texas, the Midwest, and The South.
Sounds like they got just what they wanted for results.

That is why I don't believe a single thing they trumpet from any poll. A smart poller can get any result they want by asking the right questions.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:28:20 AM EST
Polls have been all over the place, showing Kerry winning to Bush stomping Kerry and everywhere in between.

Polls at one time were used to judge the mood of the electorate. Now polls are news items used to brow beat people to say: "Well gee. Everybody else thinks A, shouldn't you?"

Polls are now gerrymandered into whatever the person comissioning the poll wants them to say.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:28:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/4/2004 5:30:10 AM EST by Ramjet]
I saw the same thing this morning. Sickening. The polling is meaningless. In the 25 years I've been involved in politics, never have I participated a poll. I've never been called or stopped at the mall. Any of you?

Why does anyone listen to these talking heads? Can anyone tell me what Kerry has "really" done in 23 years as public servant? No?

I get a kick out of Mt. St. Helens. 1000 Geo-Scientists on site and they still don't have a friggen clue what's going to happen. All I heard was "perhaps" or "may".
Top Top