Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2003 5:37:59 PM EDT
Sounds better than CA, HI, and NJ!

[b]Small arms including small automatic rifles  semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and pistols are allowed in homes and businesses. Public use is prohibited [/b]

CRC
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wait til they change the rules.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Good.
Let those people have a free nation with arms like us.

Good for the USA for letting them keep their small arms.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It infuriates me to see them do this.  There is no reason why any population should not be allowed the ownership of "small" automatic weapons, the US included.

Edited to add that this ownership should be UNABATED.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just wait till they ban Christianity!  Just wait till they ban heterosexual marriages! Just wait till they put a tax on churches!
Just wait till they make abortion mandatory! Just wait till they start forcefully euthanizing old people!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone must have thought about the difficulties and costs of holding the 'Great Iraqi AK hunt', and decided to let them be...

Other reports say AKs were gonna be banned, maybe they changed their mind, maybe this was a misprint, etc... Personally, I think that as long as we make sure the final government permits gun ownership, the interim period can be more restrictive (to deal with organized militia resistance, Iranian influence, and such)... We are occupying their country, after all...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
*sighs*
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#8]
CRC,

Where did you find that quote?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Just wait till they ban Christianity!  Just wait till they ban heterosexual marriages! Just wait till they put a tax on churches!
Just wait till they make abortion mandatory! Just wait till they start forcefully euthanizing old people!
View Quote

Iraq is a secular nation, has been for at least 50 years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I was being hyperbolic, trying to show the foolishness of criticizing something based on what they MIGHT do at some unknown point in the future.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I was being hyperbolic, trying to show the foolishness of criticizing something based on what they MIGHT do at some unknown point in the future.
View Quote

So what do you see in your amazing crystal ball?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unlike you, I don't pretend to have one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Someone must have thought about the difficulties and costs of holding the 'Great Iraqi AK hunt', and decided to let them be...

Other reports say AKs were gonna be banned, maybe they changed their mind, maybe this was a misprint, etc... Personally, I think that as long as we make sure the final government permits gun ownership, the interim period can be more restrictive (to deal with organized militia resistance, Iranian influence, and such)... We are occupying their country, after all...
View Quote

EXACTLY! Wasting their time getting law abiding people's AKs is allowing the thugs to roam the countryside wreaking havoc. They need to narrowly target the "bad guys".

The good guys need light arms to defend themselves from the bad guys. Either that or dial the Iraqi equivalent of 911.

I found this quote in A Google article about Iraq.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Unlike you, I don't pretend to have one.
View Quote

You have no clue, that's cool.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#15]
It is encouraging to see official US policy is that they need light full auto weapons to protect themselves from criminals, and, (former), govt. tyrants.

It would be nice, if the US govt. trusted their own citizens as much as they do the citizens of a foreign nation under US military occupation.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top