Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/17/2016 12:14:53 PM EDT

Neither of them have a job. It is not uncommon to see the girl sitting outside after noon in her pajamas. They're both in their mid twenties. The guy looks lean and fit, and the girl isn't overweight and seems to be able to move around just fine, evidenced by their multiple very public confrontations where they scream obscenities at each other while they are chasing each other around in the streets, yelling loud enough for the whole block to hear. Often, it causes their daughter to scream as well. They've shoved each other and slammed their fists into vehicles when having their tantrums.

Their car quit working months ago. It is still where they parked it when it stopped running...right on the street. The previous vehicle also sat on the street for over a year. It was sitting on blocks and in danger of falling on any kids who might be playing around it. I watched the town sheriff help a local towing guy load it onto a flatbed (sans wheels) when the guy ignored several warnings to have it moved. The guy pulled the wheels off of it three days before the sheriff towed it. I'm certain he didn't spend the money he got by selling those wheels on the fees for the towing.

The house is not within walking distance of a grocery store. All of their nutrition has to come from the pizza place/sub shop in town, or the local convenience store or the Dollar General, where they use their EBT.

Cars pull up to the house at all hours, idle outside for a bit while someone runs inside, then they leave within a couple of minutes. Usually, they rev their engines as they pass my house with music blasting. A good number of those cars were not made in the 21st century.

But, they both have cell phones. And a big screen TV, undoubtedly with cable.

Their daughter goes to pre-school, where she gets free breakfast and lunch.

They can afford to have three dogs, and they just got a fourth. One of their dogs walked with a limp for a few months, and I doubt there was a vet involved at any point in that situation. They also have a cat, which eats most of its meals at my house and spends most of its time in our yard. We already rescued one cat they turned out in the street.

In a related story, this morning, I just got my taxes ready to go by making out a check to the Feds for over $1,200.

That's why I'm voting for Bernie. So I can help this couple get back on their feet. Just a little more generosity from people like me, and they can turn the corner and get things back on track.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Neither of them have a job. It is not uncommon to see the girl sitting outside after noon in her pajamas. They're both in their mid twenties. The guy looks lean and fit, and the girl isn't overweight and seems to be able to move around just fine, evidenced by their multiple very public confrontations where they scream obscenities at each other while they are chasing each other around in the streets, yelling loud enough for the whole block to hear. Often, it causes their daughter to scream as well. They've shoved each other and slammed their fists into vehicles when having their tantrums.

Their car quit working months ago. It is still where they parked it when it stopped running...right on the street. The previous vehicle also sat on the street for over a year. It was sitting on blocks and in danger of falling on any kids who might be playing around it. I watched the town sheriff help a local towing guy load it onto a flatbed (sans wheels) when the guy ignored several warnings to have it moved. The guy pulled the wheels off of it three days before the sheriff towed it. I'm certain he didn't spend the money he got by selling those wheels on the fees for the towing.

The house is not within walking distance of a grocery store. All of their nutrition has to come from the pizza place/sub shop in town, or the local convenience store or the Dollar General, where they use their EBT.

Cars pull up to the house at all hours, idle outside for a bit while someone runs inside, then they leave within a couple of minutes. Usually, they rev their engines as they pass my house with music blasting. A good number of those cars were not made in the 21st century.

They can afford to have three dogs, and they just got a fourth. One of their dogs walked with a limp for a few months, and I doubt there was a vet involved at any point in that situation. They also have a cat, which eats most of its meals at my house and spends most of its time in our yard. We already rescued one cat they turned out in the street.

In a related story, this morning, I just got my taxes ready to go by making out a check to the Feds for over $1,200.

That's why I'm voting for Bernie. So I can help this couple get back on their feet. Just a little more generosity from people like me, and they can turn the corner and get things back on track.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs more cursing, but the surprise ending was worth it. 7/10
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Wv
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Sorry.  Forgot who I was posting to for a minute.  Let me fix that.

Look!  A shiny foil ball!

Fold! Unfold! Fold! Unfold!  You LIKE that, don't you?  Who's a good boy?  YOU are!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]
You live in WV. What did you expect?

Needs more meth and oxy to meet all stereotypes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I expect what I've experienced for the past 42 years of living here.

This is the first issue I've ever had with FSA neighbors.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like an episode of Cops waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Something tells me that they are Bernie supporters in addition to you OP! However, I do detect a hint of sarcasm regarding your support for Bernie.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://content.photojojo.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tin-foil.gif

Fold! Unfold! Fold! Unfold!  You LIKE that, don't you?  Who's a good boy?  YOU are!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just don't eat it!

The government has found foil may cause cancer!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

the daughter has nothing to do with anything

those two free meals are sometimes the only food some of these kids eat

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. I don't begrudge her the only food she probably gets that doesn't have salt, high fructose corn syrup, or monosodium glutamate listed first in the ingredients.

Just pointing out that they get EVERY advantage and still fail miserably, by their own choosing.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#14]
You need to put a after the last sentence, for our special members.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#15]
The feels, you gots 'em, but me?  Rasist.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#16]
"Free" breakfast and lunch? Why be deceitful? Taxpayer forcefully subsidized breakfast and lunch is more accurate.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#17]
They have jobs.  They're drug dealers.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You need to put a after the last sentence, for our special members.
View Quote

Yeah...its a tad too subtle for some to get...which is pretty sad when you think about it
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

"Free" breakfast and lunch? Why be deceitful? Taxpayer forcefully subsidized breakfast and lunch is more accurate.
View Quote

It used to be if you couldn't take care of your kids, they got taken away. Now, shithead parents get extra money just for having kids and free meals to boot! The .gov has decided its easier to just pay for them completely.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This x 1000
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This x 1000
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This x 1000
Yup. C_K nailed it.

Between that and the taxpayer subsidized goodies, they should be making a pretty good clip.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Very nice, but too long for most to even get to your punchline.

Sounds wild and wonderful.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Needs more Team Membership before complaining about free-loaders
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The war on coal's only going to make it more prevalent.  My condolences.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

they certainly fit the profile.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems to me that this is the best option for getting rid of them, and if you aren't letting the right people know what's going on, you should be
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is one of the few select things I'm ok with my taxes paying for.

School age children should not be held responsible or suffer because of douchebag parents.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

When we get Bernie we will all have life memberships. It's only right.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#30]
This  needs to be posted on Facebook.  The Bernie lovers heads exploding will be epic.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#31]
You worked the first four months of the year to pay your taxes and so they can live off of you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Awesome sarcasm, OP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#33]
It is pretty nice that they have friends delivering fresh produce and meats to them multiple times per day!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Best response to tldr I've seen.

I like you! (No homo)

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Seems to me that this is the best option for getting rid of them, and if you aren't letting the right people know what's going on, you should be
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Horrible idea.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Only thing missing is for them to turn out to be brother and sister or, at worst, first cousins.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Do you know this much info about all you neighbors?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Horrible idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horrible idea.

Yep. Stay out of it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#39]
How do you know they are on ebt or their kid gets free lunches?
Seems to me you are home just about as much as them to see all these going ons so Im wondering when you found the time yourself to do enough work to owe taxes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Your neighbors are what will be "middle America" in a few short years.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

School age children should not be held responsible or suffer because of douchebag parents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

you just rammed it in there didn't ya?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Bravo Sir!

The ending made it worthwhile!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even a lil Spit on the Tip
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was just the tip.

Txl
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#46]
So what you are saying is that you live in the ghetto?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

All I know about my neighbors is that they're a little older than I am.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Do it again!  Do it again!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See something? Say something.

or

MYOFB?

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Yep. Stay out of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Horrible idea.

Yep. Stay out of it.
Disagree.  I fucked with my drug dealing neighbors to no end.  Within a year, I had them raided, arrested, along with a bunch of their scumbag customers and suppliers, and shut down the operation altogether.   My neighborhood became a nicer place to live.  Don't let shitbags control your quality of life.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top