Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/25/2005 3:19:03 PM EDT
Actually, it's been over me for about the last hour or so. We're expecting things to start picking up again pretty soon. So far, nothing to serious other than trees knocked over and things like that. I live in a high rise and have those accordian shutters that are like armor. I keep one a little open so I can keep checking on the conditions. It's just starting to rain a little again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:28:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By niceguymr:
Actually, it's been over me for about the last hour or so. We're expecting things to start picking up again pretty soon. So far, nothing to serious other than trees knocked over and things like that. I live in a high rise and have those accordian shutters that are like armor. I keep one a little open so I can keep checking on the conditions. It's just starting to rain a little again.

I am just north of you in Margate. You must be in Hollywood?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:30:25 PM EDT
Have fun. I kinda like 'em when they arent killing me or my friends.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:53:40 PM EDT
Do me a favor and don't send her up to Gainesville. We got two storms last year and it sucked.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:54:42 PM EDT
Post pics!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:04:57 PM EDT
Is this when Diane Feinsteins prediction about the " flood of assault weapons" finally comes to be? If so, then see if you can scoop me up an Arsenal SASM7 before it gets into the storm drain.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:07:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

I am just north of you in Margate. You must be in Hollywood?

Aventura actually, but close enough.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:50:12 PM EDT
I'm in west Pembroke Pines.
I lost a palm tree about an hour ago (third in two seasons) but the wind seems to be slowing down now. Wind direction has changed from east to south east now. It should come from south in about 3 hours. Lets hope it just dies down from here on out.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:51:20 PM EDT
Davie right here, it's been pretty interesting tonight.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 7:01:26 PM EDT by yobo]
How are you guys doing on rain?

It doesn't look like I got too much out here in south west Broward. Looking at the road and the lake I would guess maybe 3 inches since this afternoon.
I'm hearing from family members in south Miami-Dade that they are getting poured... 5+ inches in Kendall (looking at the pool) in about 4 hours.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:11:44 PM EDT
Yeah, the storm took a sharp dip south and has remained stationary for a while over Southwest Miami-Dade. What's weird is that the eye came right over me in Aventura and is now over my parents in Kendall. They're getting pounded with rain down there. Up here we've lost a bunch of Palm trees but the flooding isnt too bad b/c all the water just runs off into the intracoastal. I did get to see a few water spouts forming right outside my window. It was kinda cool. What's even cooler is that nearly everyone I've spoken to around town is without power and somehow I only lost power for about 10 minutes earlier in the night. No electricity/AC sucks!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:13:38 PM EDT

The center of the eye of Katrina is directly over me right now

Oh yeah? Well when she passes over some more stick it in her pooper and post pics.

We want a full range report.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:15:06 PM EDT
Maybe I will get an all expense paid trip to Miami.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:45:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By napalm:

The center of the eye of Katrina is directly over me right now

Oh yeah? Well when she passes over some more stick it in her pooper and post pics.

We want a full range report.

LOL.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:07:14 AM EDT
Well, you folks in so. FL need the rain. The Everglades is in a drought, and salt water is intruding where it was fresh water, and is killing the mangrooves.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:59:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:
Well, you folks in so. FL need the rain. The Everglades is in a drought, and salt water is intruding where it was fresh water, and is killing the mangrooves.

BAN HURRICANES......its for the mangroves
Top Top