Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 10:34:47 PM EDT
I was filling out my annual CFC-O form, and noticed something I've never seen before... THE BRADY CENTER TO PREVENT GUN VIOLENCE.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. OVER.

They're nothing but a political group how in the hell are they a part of the combined federal campaign?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Odd but nothing surprises me..

You're in Bahrain, right?  I havent been there in about a year and a half..  They still have that little schwarma shack on the base?  Man I miss mideastern food..  The half chicken from the Al Abraj is pretty good too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You're in Bahrain, right?  I havent been there in about a year and a half..  They still have that little schwarma shack on the base?  Man I miss mideastern food..  The half chicken from the Al Abraj is pretty good too.

Yep. Still there. The old "Roach Coach".
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Still there. The old "Roach Coach".

My squadron was the last Det to stay out in town.  They put us up at the Seef Residence.  The perdiem was $104/day, and I was there for 97 days.  Add in the tax free and haz duty pay and I made out like a bnadit.  Did that det three years in a row.  havent stayed on NSA yet but I hear its just fine and the new galley looked good last I was there.  The NEX is great too.  If we are just flying in on a mission we stay at the Novatel usually.  BTW, you can pay off the cashiers at the NEX so they dont mark your ration card for booze, or just go to the ship terminal and the duty free shop, you probably already know that though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I was pissed the NRA wasn't allowed to be on the CFC, but Brady bunch can. Go Figure. About 10 yrs ago, I found an organization that had set up a defense fund for people who had used firearms in defense of themselves and their homes. They were listed on the CFC. I wish I could remember the name of the organization.

The ride back to Dhahran, from Bahrain, after a night of hitting the bars was killer.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was pissed the NRA wasn't allowed to be on the CFC, but Brady bunch can. Go Figure. About 10 yrs ago, I found an organization that had set up a defense fund for people who had used firearms in defense of themselves and their homes. They were listed on the CFC. I wish I could remember the name of the organization.

The ride back to Dhahran, from Bahrain, after a night of hitting the bars was killer.

I don't understand why that is, HCI shouldn't qualify. Please post with the name of that group if you find it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:04:49 AM EDT
[#6]
This is what I found on the CFC-O website:

How do charities get listed in the CFC-O brochure? Who decides?
Any nationally or internationally qualified charity recognized by the Internal Revenue Service may apply for inclusion in the CFC-O. OPM approves applicant charities. To be accepted, the charity must document that it meets strict public accountability standards.

I'd like to set a firemission but I want to be sure it has some merit first. I'll keep poking around. This just ruined my day
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:08:59 AM EDT
[#7]
CFC-O form

A what?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:12:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
CFC-O form

A what?

Combined Federal Campaign, like United Way for federal government employees.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is what I found on the CFC-O website:

How do charities get listed in the CFC-O brochure? Who decides?
Any nationally or internationally qualified charity recognized by the Internal Revenue Service may apply for inclusion in the CFC-O. OPM approves applicant charities. To be accepted, the charity must document that it meets strict public accountability standards.

I'd like to set a firemission but I want to be sure it has some merit first. I'll keep poking around. This just ruined my day

Has the NRA even applied?  I bet not.  Besides, I'm sure they don't need any money anyway, and to open yourself up to scrutiny like that is just asking for an over zealous, liberal investigator to be all up in their shit.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:53:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was filling out my annual CFC-O form, and noticed something I've never seen before... THE BRADY CENTER TO PREVENT GUN VIOLENCE.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. OVER.

They're nothing but a political group how in the hell are they a part of the combined federal campaign?

mmmmm shwarma's.....druel. haha I loved those things. I was at KNB for a a while in 04. Anyway, about your orig. post. You do realize there are far more fucked up entities that you can donate to on there....right?  I haven't looked at a form in years but the last time I did, NMBLA was on there...(You know, the man boy love association)

Guys who want to fuck guys who are under 18...nuff said there.

Anyway, there was a thread awhile back about CFC. I fucking hate it. They always try to coerce you into giving. Alot of people vehemently dissagree with me. Did you get to sit down and watch the  vid about the guy who gave to CFC and the guy who didn't want to...the whole time they portrayed the guy who didn't want to give to CFC as an ignorant buffoon...fuck the CFC....End rant....Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I work for the federal government in the DC area.  I found a few pro-gun charities in the CFC catalog.

10006 - NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund
11872 - The NRA Foundation
10042 - Gun Owners Foundation
11094 - USA Shooting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top