Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/22/2004 10:17:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/22/2004 10:20:35 AM EST by prideboss]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:22:46 AM EST
I hope you don't mind but I turned your post into an email to pass onto others.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:26:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/22/2004 10:27:18 AM EST by prideboss]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:30:56 AM EST
Just dont try and buy a copy of this filth.....

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:31:59 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:40:18 AM EST
Copy away to all my relevant addresses. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:42:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By DigDug:

Originally Posted By CavVet:

images.snapfish.com/33%3B6433523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3B8%3­B%3D833%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B435826%3Bot1lsi

Kerry will not authorize a reprinting of this book. I wonder why?

Find a library copy- I imagine any university would have one and scan it into a computer then so it can be circulated against his will.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:49:09 AM EST
That picture is disgusting. Maybe we will see it used in some Bush campaign adds. I just sent to all of my regulars. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:51:37 AM EST
You know, I just dont understand Kerry's strategy of focusing so intently on his experiences in Vietnam, especially given his anti-war activities after coming home.

I mean, opposition to the Vietnam war was the defining issue of Leftist baby boomers' lives. They cannot stop reminding America about how evil and wrong it was, as John Kerry showed over the rest of his life.

Now, he turns around and brags about how great he was because he went to Vietnam and has all these cool medals to show for it? It fits a pattern of Kerry's inconsistency and constantly shifting his position into a place he thinks helps him politically. Again, one way or the other, baby Boomers are determined to put the defining moment of their lives, Vietnam, front and center in American politics even after 40 years.

Meanwhile, George Bush has a perfect consistency in his record, even when he's attacked for allegedly deserting his unit to work on political campaigns. Fits into the picture of him being an irresponsible, flakey playboy when he was a young man. In 2000, people commented about how George Bush's biography seems to start at age 40, when he started to straighten up and fly right. Meanwhile, the narrative of John Kerry's biography seems to end the minute he gets home from Vietnam. No highlighting of his antiwar activities, and no mention of his record as Lt Governor (under MICHAEL DUKAKIS) and 20 years in the senate. Mostly because his record and career as a senator is either extremely liberal, or entirely inconsistent, but always inconsequential.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:55:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By raven:
You know, I just dont understand Kerry's strategy of focusing so intently on his experiences in Vietnam, especially given his anti-war activities after coming home.

I mean, opposition to the Vietnam war was the defining issue of Leftist baby boomers' lives. They cannot stop reminding America about how evil and wrong it was, as John Kerry showed over the rest of his life.

Now, he turns around and brags about how great he was because he went to Vietnam and has all these cool medals to show for it? It fits a pattern of Kerry's inconsistency and constantly shifting his position into a place he thinks helps him politically. Again, one way or the other, baby Boomers are determined to put the defining moment of their lives, Vietnam, front and center in American politics even after 40 years.

Meanwhile, George Bush has a perfect consistency in his record, even when he's attacked for allegedly deserting his unit to work on political campaigns. Fits into the picture of him being an irresponsible, flakey playboy when he was a young man. In 2000, people commented about how George Bush's biography seems to start at age 40, when he started to straighten up and fly right. Meanwhile, the narrative of John Kerry's biography seems to end the minute he gets home from Vietnam. No highlighting of his antiwar activities, and no mention of his record as Lt Governor (under MICHAEL DUKAKIS) and 20 years in the senate. Mostly because his record and career as a senator is either extremely liberal, or entirely inconsistent, but always inconsequential.

Its because thats his best chance, its all he's got.
He sure as hell can't run on his senate record.
Sad that this piece of shit even gets as much support as he has. It says a lot about the liberals in this country.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:01:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:

Originally Posted By DigDug:

Originally Posted By CavVet:

images.snapfish.com/33%3B6433523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3B8%3­B%3D833%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B435826%3Bot1lsi

Kerry will not authorize a reprinting of this book. I wonder why?

Find a library copy- I imagine any university would have one and scan it into a computer then so it can be circulated against his will.

SCAN -> OCR -> PDF

'Nuff said!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:07:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By raven:

Finally! This is really the heart of the issue.... Hero sounds cool, nope, better to be a traitor now and don't worry about lying to Congress - oops, not good today so hero again (maybe) and according to some, a better record than Bush. BAH!!!!

Who needs piles of selectively provided (and some probably personally authored) military records? There is so much proof of his true character, even his own admissions, why in the world would anyone believe this jerk ever bothers to tell the truth? On top of that, they still argue that 250 or so guys are the ones who are lying. Smell the daises (or shit) yet? Naaaaa....
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:13:22 AM EST
HOLY SHIT

ASU HAS A COPY, AND ITS ON THE SHELF IN THE HAYDEN LIBRARY RIGHT NOW!

library.lib.asu.edu/search/t?SEARCH=The+New+Soldier

And my scanner is busted [cry]

Somebody on the AZ crew PLEASE grab this copy before it disappears!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:32:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:49:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/22/2004 11:54:12 AM EST by cyrax777]

Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
HOLY SHIT

ASU HAS A COPY, AND ITS ON THE SHELF IN THE HAYDEN LIBRARY RIGHT NOW!

library.lib.asu.edu/search/t?SEARCH=The+New+Soldier

And my scanner is busted [cry]

Somebody on the AZ crew PLEASE grab this copy before it disappears!

I wonder if UoA or Pima has a copy since ASU is kinda far for me. Ill try as soon as I can.

YES pima community college has a copy ill check it out tommrow when im at school and scan it asap. I also reserved it online incase its checked out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:25:13 PM EST
I just sent a copy to Fox News....let's see if they decide to run with it
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:24:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/22/2004 3:24:36 PM EST by Giltweasel]
Missouri Merlin Catalog shows 3 copies, either due or in transit. I'll bet they stay that way until well after the election.

Giltweasel
Joe Devos
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:27:57 PM EST
tag.
Top Top