Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 3:49:02 PM EDT
One of the local news stations here in Kansas City did a piece a couple of days ago about outstanding parking tickets in the city
The computer print out was as thick as three KC phone books.  There were somewhere in the area of (and this is no shit) 200,000 outstanding warrents for parking violations that totaled over $10 MILLION DOLLARS.  It apparently pissed the locals off so much that on the evening news they ran a segment about the police arresting the "assclown" that had the most,118 outstanding warrents.  He left in the back seat of a cruiser wearing handcuffs. What a moron.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Parking tickets=Tax revenue.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
$10 million isn't as much as I would have expected. In the relatively small county that I live in, Grayson Co. Texas, it was released that there are over $2M worth of outstanding fines.

I guess in some cases the fine is too low to justify the expense of hunting the people down. Eventually a lot of them will have another run in with the cops and those warrants will pop up then.

I myself might be guilty of "losing" a parking ticket or two. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The best place to get a parking ticket was BOSTON at the end of the Kevin White era(@1979-80ish).He declared all tickets issued to date null and void when he left office.I'd surmise alot of politians had alot of tickets.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I recall a local story (DFW) about tollbooth runners. This one guy had never paid the toll in about 6 years. They knew this cause of the pics the booth takes of the runners. The guy had done this [b]every[/b] day at almost the same time(10-20 min off).
So one day the DPS (along with a camera crew) decided to wait for this guy at his usual time, and right on time the guy shows up and blows tru the booth and the annoying whistle goes off, but by now the guy is used to it.
The guy gets pulled over and given a [b]ticket[/b](after not paying in [b]5-6 years!!![/b].
When the guy went to court I beleive he only had to pay for [b]one[/b] of the booth running tickets...  the guy had hundreds thru the mail... talk about falling thru the cracks..

If it wasnt for the bored reporter that wanted a story the guy would still be outthere....
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I recall a local story (DFW) about tollbooth runners. This one guy had never paid the toll in about 6 years. They knew this cause of the pics the booth takes of the runners. The guy had done this [b]every[/b] day at almost the same time(10-20 min off).
So one day the DPS (along with a camera crew) decided to wait for this guy at his usual time, and right on time the guy shows up and blows tru the booth and the annoying whistle goes off, but by now the guy is used to it.
The guy gets pulled over and given a [b]ticket[/b](after not paying in [b]5-6 years!!![/b].
When the guy went to court I beleive he only had to pay for [b]one[/b] of the booth running tickets...  the guy had hundreds thru the mail... talk about falling thru the cracks..

If it wasnt for the bored reporter that wanted a story the guy would still be outthere....
View Quote

I've got a friend that lives in Dallas that does the exact same thing. He'll even try to tailgate someone else going through the toll-tag line so the buzzer won't go off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top