Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2006 4:22:48 PM EDT
Well passed all the initial testing and am/soon to be in bacjground investigation now. EXCEPT, out of sheer stupidity and clouded by my excitement that I passed the board interview, I ran a red light and got ticketed. First time pulled over and first ticket ever. I plan on going the defensive driving route and really hope this doesn't affect my application. Feel like a dumbass.

On a lighter note, ya'll were right on the polygraph. I was worried about it, but got over it and passed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a speeding ticket two days after being accepted to the academy.

Ah well, shit happens.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't worry about it. Yeah, your gonna take some good natured ribbing. You would from the group that I work with anyway. Are you sure that we aren't related? I am tortured by fate in a similar fashion. You are not alone. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I really hate doing stupid stuff and this just takes the cake for me. The excitement over the board was a little too much. I had fully expected to fail after it was over, but I passed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
hahaahaa.....i've been sooo worried about that since I passed all the initial stuff and have been waiting on the review board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top