Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2004 4:19:37 PM EST
There was an anti-Kerry rally at the Capitol building today. I was there, with my family. I took pictures and held an American flag. My father had a "Don't Tread On Me" flag. Anybody see us? Anybody else there?

It was good. Lots of vets. Paul O'Neill signed our copy of Unfit For Command.

The democrats there were horrible. As I walked up, they told me and my brother, "You know, if you guys lost some weight, you could join the Army and go to Iraq!" To which I replied, "hey, pal (I don't swear around my family, but it carried the same tone as "fucking cockroach turd"), you may think that the war is bad, but I would be honored to join the Marines and fight for my country. You know you aren't worthy to lick the boots of an Air Force cadet." To which they said, "Better start pumping iron, then, the Marines won't accept fat people like you." My reply to them consisted of, "You know, it's not really good campaigning to insult potential voters." At which point they shouted me down.

So, as we were seperated from our parents, as they had gone to park the car, I called them, they asked where I was, and I said, "Oh, I'm by the reflecting pool, standing at the top of the stairs, looking at the Kerry

<shouting>LOSERS!</shouting>". At which point another guy came up to me and said, "You've got guts, kid. That took balls." To which my reply was, " ah, what are they going to do? Even if they try something, I had the forethought to wear my hippie-whompin' boots."

Moral: Even if there are going to be hippies which may need a whompin', don't wear steel-toed boots to a three-hour-rally with an additional hour-and-a-half of walking to the Hawk 'n Dove (really good burgers, BTW), then Union Station.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:23:56 PM EST
Thanks for getting out there so the Kerry people know there's plenty of people who don't think like them.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:26:46 PM EST
I watched it on CSPAN, loved the DJ who sang, very proud of the Vets and families present.

Thanks for going. BTW it will be on CSPAN at 2 am again...... :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:24:38 AM EST
Oh, I forgot, at the Hawk n' Dove, we met a vet and his wife, here from ATL. Very nice people, and very conservative.
Top Top