Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 2:05:07 PM EDT
If toilets go counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere, and clockwise in the southern..then what do they do on the equator?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They poo in an outhouse cuz the toilet don't work?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If toilets go counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere, and clockwise in the southern..then what do they do on the equator?

So what's the answer? Or was your thread title just a big fat lie, mister?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They poo in an outhouse cuz the toilet don't work?

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what's the answer? Or was your thread title just a big fat lie, mister?

I don't know, I was hoping someone here would know
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
It goes straight down.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
As US Navy ships head south toward the equator we actually assign military watches to the toilet complete with special uniforms, observation devices, and an official log book. Every minute they are required to flush the toilet and make an observation entry in the log book as to which way the water swirled.

Trusty Shellback breaking slime covered Wogs in right since November of 1982.

Gives a whole new meaning to 'log book'
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
As US Navy ships head south toward the equator we actually assign military watches to the toilet complete with special uniforms, observation devices, and an official log book. Every minute they are required to flush the toilet and make an observation entry in the log book as to which way the water swirled.

Oh man, can't wait for my ceremony... yeah that'll be in like 2 years. Jet pipeline soooooooo long.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yep & I don't know if UCMJ has a Statute of Limitations so I'll never admit that I (might have) abandoned my watch on 287 NOV 68.  However, there were 3 sailors who elected to forgo (their option) the honor of becoming a Shellback on that date.

After a couple of weeks of cold shoulder from the other 350 or so crew though, they decided this was a bad decision.  We offered them another opportunity north-bound and they accepted.  That was their second mistake. By then, of course, there were only those 3 Wogs left.

<Edit to correct date difference between Polywog day (27th) and Shellback day (28th).>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top