Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/2/2013 6:20:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2013 1:03:08 PM EDT by eracer]
All yours, whiners.  If you have constructive criticism of the show, please feel free to continue posting in the Walking Dead thread.

If all you want to do is whine about the show, here's your thread

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:25:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2013 6:25:47 AM EDT by AnvilUSMC]
Andrea should have died sooner, I couldn't stand that libtard bitch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:29:06 AM EDT
I like the show. But the shooting. Zombies they never miss people they can't hit. I don't get it.  I know it's only a show.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:31:03 AM EDT
The show is proof that whining isn't restricted to 4 year olds.

It's one of the best thought provoking action-dramas to ever hit the small screen, and arfcom hates it because it's either not tactical enough, or they gave a Glock a safety.  You dudes are weird...
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:33:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TC450:
I like the show. But the shooting. Zombies they never miss people they can't hit. I don't get it.  I know it's only a show.

To be fair, I'm sure it's a lot easier to make melon shots on walkers than it is to try to connect with someone who is spraying full-auto fire at you while you're attempting to fire from behind cover.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:34:33 AM EDT

Yep, head shot every time but try to hit the Governor/main henchmen at 50 yards and they miss badly.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:35:34 AM EDT
I approve this thread.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:38:50 AM EDT
Here are my gripes.

With everything doable in a world infested with zombies, why are half or more of the episodes throughout a season purely filler?  Did we really need to see Rick go and get guns?  True, it was one of the best episodes of the series, but it was filler.  The episode of Rick meeting the governor, filler again.  I can't remember most of the shows this season, or the last season, because they were just so forgettable.  31 minutes into the finale and I realized nothing happened.  They argued, Karl got emotional, Rick got emotional, Andrea was failing at making me care about what happened to her, and the governor's people ran away.

If you honestly like this show, good for you.  Me, I'll continue watching it because at any moment they MIGHT just go to the available source material and the show will be amazing.  But don't sit there with a straight face telling us that it's the "most thought provoking show on TV" or anything; Hell's Kitchen is more thought provoking, and the Following is far more edge-of-your-seat entertaining.

On another note, the season premier of Game of Thrones showed how it SHOULD be done.  37 minutes in and they had already covered a great bit of ground, set up a number of plot lines for this season, and gave us goddamned dragons.  Dragons, man.  When has Walking Dead ever given us anything we haven't seen before?
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:41:52 AM EDT
If it was on HBO they could show some titties.......I'm amazed it's on AMC.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:43:23 AM EDT
This thread will fill up faster than the "official" thread.
Then all the whiners can satisfy themselves with re-runs of "Sex and the City."
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:58:45 AM EDT
Did Rick's baby get klled? i didn't see her in the last episode.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:13:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Andrea should have gotten nekid before she died sooner, I couldn't stand that libtard bitch.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:14:54 AM EDT
It's terrible. Season two was the best. Season three was a death spiral into full retard.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 8:08:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:02:39 AM EDT
Is the governor turning? Did he get bit or scratched?
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:03:27 AM EDT

Fpni
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:06:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GLOCKENNBOOMER:
If it was on HBO they could show some titties.......I'm amazed it's on AMC.

Titties would help.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:07:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DriftPunch:

It's one of the best thought provoking action-dramas to ever hit the small screen, and arfcom hates it because it's either not tactical enough, or they gave a Glock a safety.  You dudes are weird...

It's a soap opera with apolocalypse, but it's still a soap opera.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:07:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2013 9:09:09 AM EDT by Razoreye]
I have officially stopped that show and following that thread. THe show is garbage. I gave it all the way through the end of the season which was a mistake. I should have tuned out at the beginning of season 2. This "finale" blew more balls than liberace and freddy mercury combined.

ETA: Why waste time with shows like that when you have superior shows in Archer, Banshee, Hell on Wheels, Game of Thrones, Justified, Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:09:31 AM EDT
where did I miss the if you die you turn into a zombie part? Never read the graphic novel....
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:10:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By scrum:

It's a soap opera with apolocalypse, but it's still a soap opera.

Where people are, there are 'soap operas'.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:11:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tctlrld:
It's terrible. Season two was the best. Season three was a death spiral into full retard.

This.

In before some dinguses chime and tell us that any alteration to the show in any way would somehow have turned the show into a "shoot up em show with no substance"

Season 3 had only a few worthwhile moments. The zombies, who were supposed to be a big deal, are barely a source of danger for the survivors. The characters are looking inept again.
There was way too much stupid crying and "oh come on." moments.
The parts of this whole season worth watching, if condensed, would literally have fit in a single episode. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't caught up on it, but really, it would all fit within an hour. Game of Thrones? Christ they're up against time constraints as is, 1 hour is barely enough, there's next to no filler in that show. Meanwhile this season of walking dead? We just sat through an entire season for a few minutes per episode of worthwhile movement in the story or action.

I actually found myself disengaged from the story for just about the entire season. Who cares what happens next? Why should we care what happens next? That's really gotten lost in this show.
Yes, I'm happy to see a zombie show on TV, a good one. In that aspect it's like pizza. Pizza is good because it is cheese and sauce and bread, it tastes good. But this is not a good pizza, it's been left out, the toppings are subpar, and it's disappointing considering how good it used to be.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:21:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Foxnews_FTW:
Originally Posted By tctlrld:

This.

In before some dinguses chime and tell us that any alteration to the show in any way would somehow have turned the show into a "shoot up em show with no substance"

Season 3 had only a few worthwhile moments. The zombies, who were supposed to be a big deal, are barely a source of danger for the survivors. The characters are looking inept again.
There was way too much stupid crying and "oh come on." moments.
The parts of this whole season worth watching, if condensed, would literally have fit in a single episode. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't caught up on it, but really, it would all fit within an hour. Game of Thrones? Christ they're up against time constraints as is, 1 hour is barely enough, there's next to no filler in that show. Meanwhile this season of walking dead? We just sat through an entire season for a few minutes per episode of worthwhile movement in the story or action.

I actually found myself disengaged from the story for just about the entire season. Who cares what happens next? Why should we care what happens next? That's really gotten lost in this show.
Yes, I'm happy to see a zombie show on TV, a good one. In that aspect it's like pizza. Pizza is good because it is cheese and sauce and bread, it tastes good. But this is not a good pizza, it's been left out, the toppings are subpar, and it's disappointing considering how good it used to be.

Zombies SHOULD barely be a source of danger for anyone who has survived more than a year. They are slow, stupid, can't use weapons... unless you suddenly find yourself surrounded by them (which can be avoided by being aware of your surroundings and finding a fortified position to rest), they are completely manageable.

It's exactly how I would think a zombie apocalypse would play out... lots killed by zombies at first, then they become a part of the landscape you deal with... but human nature is the most dangerous. People will do what people do... which is grab power and kill. And people can think.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:23:08 AM EDT
Andria should have showed her bewbies a few more times before they killed her off.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:23:13 AM EDT
To a certain point Carl was right. Also the old people should'nt be alive unless Woodbury was a gated old folk home? Sorry but Rick should not have brought them to the prison.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:25:30 AM EDT

I agree.  She tried to make it so "no one would die" and ended up costing about 30 people their lives.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:25:36 AM EDT
There is not one DD set on that show.  Highly disappointing.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:26:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LightningII:
Did Rick's baby get klled? i didn't see her in the last episode.

No, the baby was with Hershel, his daughter and Carl during the attack.  Rick kissed the baby in the prison after the attack.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:28:55 AM EDT
Buncha whiney beeches.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:41:24 AM EDT
Shut up Meg
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:47:36 AM EDT

Talking Dead Hat on:
Most of the people in the Walking Dead are not trainined military or law enforcement so they have no idead how to operate with tactical thinking.
Most of the people are libtards or complete dumbasses who have no common sense.

So, it's easy for them to pop walkers because they have stopped thinking of them as people.
On the other hand, they can't hit living people because of their libtard way of thinking, that all people deserve a chance even if they are trying to kill you.

You could still have an excellent show if someone had the fucking common sense to scrounge for gas, food, gun and ammo and if they would make use of motorcycles and if someone would get a MOTHERFUCKING D11 Dozer.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:07:04 AM EDT
Good idea.

Can't believe it took 220+ pages of the other thread to get this one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:11:03 AM EDT
I hope Carl gets beaten to death with crutches and Herschel starts wearing the hat.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:13:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By notwen:
I hope Carl gets beaten to death with crutches and Herschel starts wearing the hat.

My guess, Carl will not get Herschels blessing to have Beth. Carls gonna kill him. Aka Shane2
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:14:31 AM EDT
I want to learn how to stab people thru the skull with a folding knife...
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:21:25 AM EDT
Andrea in the comics was much more of a bad ass, and not a whore. In the comics the zombies eventually become as other posters have said, part of the landscapre you can live with. In the latter comics it is rival groups that become the biggest danger. The show would not be able to make it past season two if the focus stayed on the zombies as the main issue.

In this world, in case you missed it, a virus has spread to everyone, and when you die you become re-animated, no matter how you die. So, this becomes just another fact of life that can be dealt with. The hard part is trying to rebuild society.

Like any other show on tv, they have to dumb it down to a certain extent in order to entertain everyone. And true to life there are many people out there that do not know anything about firearms or survival, and would be hurtin pretty bad if society collapsed like in the show.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:25:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Silver_Surfer:
Originally Posted By notwen:

My guess, Carl will not get Herschels blessing to have Beth. Carls gonna kill him. Aka Shane2

I don't think so, Carl is growing up with a new set of morals that fit into this new world. Only the strong will survive! Like the Governor said, “In this life, you kill or you die … or you die and you kill.”

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:26:57 AM EDT
It just plain sucks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:28:44 AM EDT
Sorry fanboy, but I'll post where I feel like posting.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:29:04 AM EDT
Just curious are there any memes of the Governor's two guys looking through the cab of the truck at the governor before they decided, "Hey he's not so bad" and rode on with him?  I was chuckling when they both looked at one another and at the governor through the cab and said fuck it let's ride.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:29:53 AM EDT
Most of the shows potential was bled off in the first season when he found his wife and then shit got progressively more retarded resulting in...

Breaking Bad is all I want to watch from AMC at this point.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:33:48 AM EDT
I like when Andrea shoots herself at the end with a revolver and you can hear the fired case hit the floor behind the door !
When Merle was driving the Caprice with dubs as he went behind the barn the wheels magically changed to wire spoke
wheels ! When you crush a walker's head and step on it its just like a Halloween mask filled with strawberry jelly !! WTF !!
This season sucked !!
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:34:36 AM EDT
ive been bitching about the show all of season 3.  Nothing happens in an entire episode.  16 1 hour episodes of walking dead could have been condensed in to 1 episode.    Seriously, what happened after the mid season break, episdoes 9-16.  Merl and Andrea died and that pretty much sums up 8 episodes.    I still watch the show, because its not like i do anything else important on sunday nights
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:35:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eracer:

All yours, whiners.  If you have constructive criticism of the show, please feel free to continue posting in the Walking Dead thread.

If all you want to do is whine about the show, here's your thread.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:36:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RedFox1911:

Most of the shows potential was bled off in the first season when he found his wife and then shit got progressively more retarded resulting in...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPb8dLCDNYQCNFKCO-QCAj0I0Y9qDTs3XsHZ3x6h0jKRG4_UIi

Breaking Bad is all I want to watch from AMC at this point.

First season sucked goat ass.

Darabount almost ruined the entire series by omitting characters that would have made the second and third season better.

Had you gotten to see the real Tyrese and his daughter, you would have loved the show.

Now?  It's just a drama with zombies.  

It was always a drama, but the cooler aspects of the comic got killed off to add stereotype white trash characters and stereotype black guy to fill a generated PC plot structure.  Damned shame.  

I love how they salvaged most of the show, but they skipped two of the best plotlines of the series in how Dale is actually meant to die and how Tyrese actually dies.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:38:49 AM EDT
I've never watched this show ever until Saturday when AMC ran the marathon.  I watched every episode from the helicopter crash up through the finale over the course of those 2 days.

It's a damn fine show, and one I'll be sure to catch this October when season 4 starts.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:39:30 AM EDT
Show has so much lost potential.  Don't get me wrong, i like the walking dead, but i am left appointed every episode.  Season 2 when at the farm... I wanted to ick the tv in.. i kept expecting something good but it was all soap opera.. every fricken episode...  Do women write the scripts?? Sure seems like it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:42:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2013 10:44:30 AM EDT by DOBERMAN]
Best show on tv IMHO. Vikings on the history channel is great too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:45:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Arcades057:
Here are my gripes.

With everything doable in a world infested with zombies, why are half or more of the episodes throughout a season purely filler?  Did we really need to see Rick go and get guns?  True, it was one of the best episodes of the series, but it was filler.  The episode of Rick meeting the governor, filler again.  I can't remember most of the shows this season, or the last season, because they were just so forgettable.  31 minutes into the finale and I realized nothing happened.  They argued, Karl got emotional, Rick got emotional, Andrea was failing at making me care about what happened to her, and the governor's people ran away.

If you honestly like this show, good for you.  Me, I'll continue watching it because at any moment they MIGHT just go to the available source material and the show will be amazing.  But don't sit there with a straight face telling us that it's the "most thought provoking show on TV" or anything; Hell's Kitchen is more thought provoking, and the Following is far more edge-of-your-seat entertaining.

On another note, the season premier of Game of Thrones showed how it SHOULD be done.  37 minutes in and they had already covered a great bit of ground, set up a number of plot lines for this season, and gave us goddamned dragons.  Dragons, man.  When has Walking Dead ever given us anything we haven't seen before?

Pretty much summed it up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:45:54 AM EDT
Love it but it makes you wonder where they are going for S4

Hopefully, Carol finds some more grenades
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:47:05 AM EDT

It's one of the best thought provoking action-dramas to ever hit the small screen,

No way.

I find it entertaining, but it's not particularly well written or profound.

Not even close to being of the same caliber as The Wire, Breaking Bad, or even The Shield.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top