Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/18/2013 12:32:44 PM EDT

An Army wife who lost more than 150 pounds in weight while her husband was away in Afghanistan gave him a huge surprise upon his return.

Misty Shaffer, who once weighed more than 300 pounds, hadn't seen husband for over a year.  She managed to keep her slimming a secret surprise from her husband, Larry.

Before and after: Photos of Misty Shaffer show her incredible transformation over the course of a year

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't look over 300 or down to 150 in those pics
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I agree

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

this

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Agree that her clothing doesn't make her look slimmer, but kudos to her for it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yeah more like 225 to 170

but either way

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#7]
She standing in front of a funhouse mirror or something?
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#8]
no way the before is 300 lbs.

Also, what's the over/under on how soon she Dear Johns him?
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
two fiddy

down to a buck fo'tay

either way good on her...  as long as she didnt lose the weight by doing huge amounts of blow and fucking his best buddy that couldnt deploy b/c he "had to get his tonsils out"  

fucking faggot

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
two fiddy

down to a buck fo'tay

either way good on her...  as long as she didnt lose the weight by doing huge amounts of blow and fucking his best buddy that couldnt deploy b/c he "had to get his tonsils out"  

fucking faggot

Could I have that again in English?
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ive seen a few  women lose weight like that right before they dump there husband
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks more like 250 down to 180. Very good, but 300 to 150? Nope.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive seen a few  women lose weight like that right before they dump there husband

This, ask me how I know.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Meth But seriously,no way is that 150 lb drop. 30 lbs maybe.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
two fiddy

down to a buck fo'tay

fucking faggot

He said he hopes that the lady did not lose all the weight fucking another soldier.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Good for her.

I hope good for the soldier too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
two fiddy

down to a buck fo'tay

fucking faggot

He mad at a "Jody"
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh, welcome home Brother. Get some.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree  

Yep

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, ask me how I know.

How do you know?
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
two fiddy

down to a buck fo'tay

fucking faggot

Lots of anger here.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
two fiddy

down to a buck fo'tay

fucking faggot

He mad at a "Jody"

Ok ok. Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
two fiddy

down to a buck fo'tay

fucking faggot

Lots of anger here.

Indeed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Sheesh.

Y'all bitch about women letting themselves go after marriage and then when one does something about it, she's about to run off on her husband.  

I swear, GD can take any feel good story and turn it into something ugly.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ya looks the same.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
two fiddy

down to a buck fo'tay

fucking faggot

Good for her, as long as she didn't do it so Jody could screw her while her husband was away securing our freedom.

That's what I got out of it anyway.

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Is "Jody" like the female, white version of Sancho?
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
She standing in front of a funhouse mirror or something?

I think the video was set to retard mode, or in other words they took an old-fashioned 4:3 video and stretched it to widescreen 16:9. That makes everything look stretched out sideways (too fat). I hate it when they do that.

Cudos to her for doing this. What a great surprise for the husband!
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is "Jody" like the female, white version of Sancho?

No. Jody = Sancho (but at home while a soldier is overseas).

No pienso que hay una palabra describiendo una Haina poniendo los cuernos a Jody.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Sheesh.

Y'all bitch about women letting themselves go after marriage and then when one does something about it, she's about to run off on her husband.  

Haha I laughed at this too.

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Sheesh.

How about never settling down to begin with? Problem solved
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Sheesh.

How about never settling down to begin with? Problem solved

Different strokes.  Some people love being married.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sheesh.

She's not going to leave.

Not until she gets her breast implants. Then she'll leave...

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#36]
"You will arrive home from deployment to find your wives as you left them. crying and freshly fvcked."
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

"You will arrive home from deployment to find your wives as you left them. crying and freshly fvcked."

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I corrected the pictures so they're not stretched out. Because I have the Photoshop chops to do so . . .

Before:

After:

Misty the wife at the airport:

I can't say that the photos are now completely corrected; all I did was fix the 16:9 stretched out mode to the correct 4:3 mode. If there was some other error in the photos (like someone at the studio stretched them out) then I can't fix that.

I think she looks very pretty before and after. She's a naturally lovely girl. But I think she should be very proud of her hard work and discipline in getting that weight off. Her husband seems like a sweetie who would love her however she was, but also seemed very pleased with the "new" her. As he should! She worked hard to get that way, dammit!
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't remember where i first heard that one. may have been a movie. But it was both brutal and prophetic for many of the married Marines and Sailors I served with. Westpac widows.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I corrected the pictures so they're not stretched out. Because I have the Photoshop chops to do so . . .

Before:
<a href="http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/renata310/media/before_zps3020176b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o754/renata310/before_zps3020176b.jpg</a>

After:
<a href="http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/renata310/media/after_zpsdd29712c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o754/renata310/after_zpsdd29712c.jpg</a>

Misty the wife at the airport:

<a href="http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/renata310/media/misty_zpsafb89919.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o754/renata310/misty_zpsafb89919.jpg</a>

I can't say that the photos are now completely corrected; all I did was fix the 16:9 stretched out mode to the correct 4:3 mode. If there was some other error in the photos (like someone at the studio stretched them out) then I can't fix that.

I think she looks very pretty before and after. She's a naturally lovely girl. But I think she should be very proud of her hard work and discipline in getting that weight off. Her husband seems like a sweetie who would love her however she was, but also seemed very pleased with the "new" her. As he should! She worked hard to get that way, dammit!

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sheesh.

We understand the ways of the woman far to well
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You'd be surprised, an ex of mine ballooned up and broke the 300 pound mark. I didn't believe her until she showed me on the scale.

Ironically she broke up with me as she continued to gain.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sheesh.

Yes, that is extremely obvious after reading threads here for about 5 minutes.  

Psychologists are beating down the doors trying to tap into the fount of wimmenz knowledge that is GD.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree  

Yeah, it looks somewhere in between.

Either way, good for her.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Looks more like 250 down to 180. Very good, but 300 to 150? Nope.

what the pics are showing.....
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sheesh.

Yes, that is extremely obvious after reading threads here for about 5 minutes.  

Psychologists are beating down the doors trying to tap into the fount of wimmenz knowledge that is GD.

And here all I can think of is how sweet it is that this girl did this, how much she loved her husband, how sweet the husband is that he honestly seemed to find her lovely before (I believe that—well, look at her! She's a very pretty girl). But he's very proud of her now, and damn she looks good!

And she got them a house. It sounds like a very beautiful story all around.

You and I and a few other less dysfunctional folks can talk about that, OnlineAllTheTIme, and the rest can talk about how she's on the cusp of being a cheating whore . . .

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You and I and a few other less dysfunctional folks can talk about that, OnlineAllTheTIme, and the rest can talk about how she's on the cusp of being a cheating whore . . .

You can fit all of us into a Cheerio and have room left over.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Not guilty
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You notice that I said "less dysfunctional" and not "non-dysfunctional." I was trying to be realistic in my expectations and not aim too high.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You notice that I said "less dysfunctional" and not "non-dysfunctional." I was trying to be realistic in my expectations and not aim too high.

I've been around since '07.  My comment stands.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top