Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 2:04:01 PM EDT
Fighting if you throw the first punch chances are you will come out on top,

Woman you come on confident dont waste time dicking around you will probably get the girl over the shy type guy.

Job, you say your so good at this (even if your not) show that you want to kick ass (even if you dont know what you are doing) you will probably get picked.

Poker, bet alot push people around well this one could go either way.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as the first punch connects well and you stun your opponent, then more often than not number 1 is correct.  If you telegraph and your opponent deflects the punch and counter-strikes... most often you will be done for.

This is assuming, of course, that the opponent is somewhat proficient in hand to hand techniques.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to win anything, it's better to be aggressive than passive.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Action always beats reaction.  With that being said you still have to take EFFECTIVE action or you may still end up on losing side.

This is the difference between talking the walk and walking the walk.  A lot punks know how to act tough and agressive but can't back their shit up...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Sun Tzu knew his shit - the planner comes out on top. You don't have to hit first when you've got five 6'4" linebacker friends with shotguns flanking you .

Barring making your victory so obvious that no one tries you, hell yes hit first, hit accurately and hit hard. Low kick, chin jab, hammerfist - repeat as needed!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Job, you say your so good at this (even if your not) show that you want to kick ass (even if you dont know what you are doing) you will probably get picked.

I strongly disagree. We had a similar situation this week - a guy said he knew exactly what he was doing for a fish base at a fine restaurant. He ended up burning over $150 worth of product while showing his incompotence. It may not seem like a lot, but when you work at a restaurant and you only get deliveries once a day and you don't have any backup, you're fucked.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Barring making your victory so obvious that no one tries you, hell yes hit first, hit accurately and hit hard. Low kick, chin jab, hammerfist - repeat as needed!

I think you and I must have a common outlook on H2H/Combatives...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I strongly disagree. We had a similar situation this week - a guy said he knew exactly what he was doing for a fish base at a fine restaurant. He ended up burning over $150 worth of product while showing his incompotence. It may not seem like a lot, but when you work at a restaurant and you only get deliveries once a day and you don't have any backup, you're fucked.

Oh hell yeah thats alot of cash, but mak does make a point the guy probably wouldn't have gotten a chance if he didn't say how good he was.

What part of CA are you in?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember clearly seeing a fistfight as a teenager.

Big guy had too many beers and was calling on everybody present for a fight, repeatedly.

Finally a skinny guy calls him on it, they square off, big guy swings and connects, breaks the skinny guys nose.

Skinny guy gets hold of big guy, good thing because he was basically blind, and proceeds to beat him silly.

Bigger guy had at least 100 lbs on the skinny guy, and they were both pretty drunk. Bottom line is the skinny guy wanted it more, or knew he was in deep trouble if he didn't take his opponent out quickly.

Assuming equal training and assuming the defender is prepared for an attack, the aggressor is at a disadvantage in hand to hand. Most fights are decided by who's taken by surprise one way or another.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice guys finish last.  In this thing called life, finishing last can be akin to the last laugh.  If you want to get ahead and do it not just now, but tomorrow and the next day, you need the help of the people around you.  Getting a reputation as the guy who hits first or BS's his way though may work today - but folks will remember that tomorrow.  Getting to the front of the line today won't mean crap a year from now.

Just my observation.
-Lazy

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Watch those fight videos in the other thread.  More often than not whoever gets the momentum will win.  I almost got in a fight Friday night with a little rich-kid juicer, but once he started running his mouth I knew he was all talk.  I have rarely seen the loudmouth come out on top.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Watch those fight videos in the other thread.  More often than not whoever gets the momentum will win.  I almost got in a fight Friday night with a little rich-kid juicer, but once he started running his mouth I knew he was all talk.  I have rarely seen the loudmouth come out on top.

I love it when the one guy just sits there and takes it for a couple minutes and then explodes!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love it when the one guy just sits there and takes it for a couple minutes and then explodes!

That was actually about where I was.  He just kept yapping, and just as the cop walked up I was thinking I should just give him a palm strike to the chin & shut his mouth for him.  He really was so short though, and I'm 6'-1" that I'm not sure I'd have gotten the right angle on him.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#13]
If you act aggressive towards others it is a recipie for disaster. Only in individual Combat does this really work. Just remember this - "Superior chickens make friends" In social groups it is you and your allies that counts. Three wimps can take on a block head anyday. People don't like to be bossed around but treated with respect. And if they don't like "your face" they will unite against you. Socialization skills are more important than being a "strong man" Why? because in the end you're only one man. The group comes first. Not only is this very true in life but I 'll show you an example- When I was 10 there were 2 bullies who'd pick on everyone. On monday, one kid, on tuesday another. If they did'nt pick on you you were relived and stayed out of their way. Then I said at lunchtime to all of them, "we'll stick together, If any one of us is being beaten we'll all jump in" Suffice to say I was the "ring leader" It worked on the first day. Then the bullies realised it was me so they tried to beat me up in the bathroom alone (which they did) So the next day I had my friends wait outside behind the exit doors. I went in And said to them "Hey bend over and crack a smile" They chased me outside where me and my friends proceeded to beat them to a pulp. For the first time the worthless teachers got involved and the bullies ended up in the nurses station. They claimed I was a trouble maker and were totally unaware of the bullies actions cause they kissed the teachers asses.  Then parents got called and they said i had to 'Make up' with those assholes. I refused and told them point blank "you touch me or my friends again you're gonna end up in the hospital". But finally Our parents stood up for us over the phone and told the teachers about the bullying. So I ended up with like 1 month detention. So remember this and remember "superior chicken make friends"
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So remember this and remember "superior chicken make friends"

It's true that acting aggressive unnessarily may not alway be a good thing but also remember that if the superior chicken doesn't act decisively when needed the "superior chicken" will be served for lunch...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
snip

you were 10.  Get over it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#16]
HUH? 10 get over it? It's way , way over. Just trying to show my real life example. Besides it was one of the great triumphs of my life. Also I'm trying to prove that this whole Silent, strong, independant individual stuff is all bullshit. Take my word for it, gangs work.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
HUH? 10 get over it? It's way , way over. Just trying to show my real life example. Besides it was one of the great triumphs of my life. Also I'm trying to prove that this whole Silent, strong, independant individual stuff is all bullshit. Take my word for it, gangs work.

No, you're not over it. See the words in red above.  Dude, you peaked at 10.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Read my SIGLINE, that is how you get on top in this day and age.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top