Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2013 5:22:46 AM EDT
Nearly every year there is some random female coworker, brimming over with holiday spirit, who presents me with a Christmas gift. It's usually someone from some other department, with whom I might have spoken with twice in the past year.

It's always very awkward when someone you barely know gives you a gift out of nowhere.

I'm like "Oh, yeah you're Kristy or Christine something from accounting. I think we spoke briefly in the parking lot back in June."

WTF am I supposed to do? Go out shopping that night to get someone I don't know a reciprocal Christmas gift and pretend I had it all along? Dig around in my pocket and say "Here ya go, here's some Chapstick. Sorry I didn't have time to wrap it."

I'm no Scrooge by any means, but who are these people that buy gifts for people they barely know?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Just wear the damn sweater.  (Unless you're allergic to cat hair)
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Pics of Kristy?

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#3]
After Cristmas this year hit the clearnce ordamints rape and stash for next year.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:32:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Just say thank you and enjoy the present. You don't have to reciprocate. Someone liked you enough that they felt like getting you something. Just enjoy it, man.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After Cristmas this year hit the clearnce ordamints rape and stash for next year.
View Quote

I thought I was the only one who enjoyed the post-holiday "rape and stash" tradition.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:39:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep a couple gift wrapped tubes of anal lube in your desk, makes a great gift for men and women.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#7]
What I hate about the holidays is people who can't just enjoy a gift.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:45:22 AM EDT
[#8]
No, the worst part is having to deal with the personalized gifts you bought the girl you were dating and everything was great, but then she just cut off all communication without reason
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No, the worst part is having to deal with the personalized gifts you bought the girl you were dating and everything was great, but then she just cut off all communication without reason
View Quote

That's okay. Send them to me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#10]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlhHTdDqoBc

The Big Bang shows how it should be handled.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#11]
That's the worst part?  You're a lucky guy lol!!!

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you like a cutting board in the shape of Massachusetts? lol
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see your point
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!   Do it!  I'll cover the shipping.  Merry Christmas!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top