Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2001 11:28:34 AM EDT
What do you all think of The World Bank?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#1]
scum of the earth, responsible for the displacement/deportation of millions of innocents. responsible for the deforestation of 20% of the world's surface. anti-gun criminals at best, the answer to everyone's worst tin-foil nightmares at worst.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Fatty I wish you wouldn't hold back like this.

At best they are a very scary organization. The concept of the World Bank is the same concept of a one world goverment. They will fix all your problems while eliminating all your freedoms.

Damn....my tinfoil hat just fell off
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate World Bank not to mentioned the European Union, WTO, UN, and other organizations who negatively effect my life - esp. while living overseas........
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Any specific examples?  Not disagreeing with you, just curious.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Wouldn't know where to begin. It's a giant boondoggle. You think they make loans? HAHA It's just a giant ponzi scheme. Every so often they come back and ask for another exponentially larger round of "investment" from the taxpayers of the world's wealthier countries... to cover the bad loans they've already made. Lot of bureaucrats and consultants to take advantage of this gravy train - not just the third-worlders. Scamola!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]
their monetary "aid" packages read like a Chicom's wet-dream. they fund the removal of X number of Tibetan farmers each year. this is disguised as an "agricultural aid package". what this really means is that eventually, there will be no Tibetans, only Chinese ~ they are aiding in the "breading out" of an entire nation. some other "aid" programs include the deportation of Brazilian farmers, so that their lands (rain forest) can be exploited without fear of reprisal. they also move people away from the edge of the Sahara desert in an effort to "conserve water resources", when really, training camps for terrorists spring up in their stead, and the desert continues to grow outward. the WB was also heavily involved in Soviet Russia, helping them to deport thousands and thousands of people to Siberia under the disguise of "financial perestroyka". there is more, but i have to leave work right now...
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wouldn't know where to begin. It's a giant boondoggle.
View Quote

Exactly right.

You think they make loans? HAHA It's just a giant ponzi scheme.
View Quote

Right once again...

Every so often they come back and ask for another exponentially larger round of "investment" from the taxpayers of the world's wealthier countries...
View Quote

i.e. the American taxpayer...

...to cover the bad loans they've already made.
View Quote

Exactly right.  The sickening thing about it is that they know the loans are bad BEFORE they make them!  That's not a "loan", that's a grant.  Let's call it what it is!

Lot of bureaucrats and consultants to take advantage of this gravy train - not just the third-worlders. Scamola!
View Quote

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!  Right answer!

The World Bank, the WTO, UN, etc...they're all bullshit!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Ah yes...The WorldBank

The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development was created in 1944 to rebuild Europe after the War.
Now is at the center of the New World Order.

Did you know we are responsible for 17% of its capital?

We should ditch the IBRD and the UN poste haste.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Amen, brother!  If Americans weren't so damn fat, stupid and apathetic the World Bank would be out of business...permenently.

But, we just keep sending our cash to DC so they can flush it down the toilet.  My Lord, we are STUPID!

Personally, I can't wait for the UN to enact a "world tax".  Of course, America being so "rich", we'll need to pay the overwhelming majority of it.  The sickening thing is that most Americans probably wouldn't even complain.  Sheep.  Hell, I wonder if anyone will complain when the One World government gets here and strips us of all our Rights.  As long as they can get all the Benie Babies they want, they probably won't care.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Last time I checked the WB and the IMF were...US!!!  At least that's where all the money is coming from.  I feel an Isolationist Rant coming on...[;D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:04:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Last time I checked the WB and the IMF were...US!!!  At least that's where all the money is coming from.  I feel an Isolationist Rant coming on...[;D]
View Quote

Yeah, well it's basically a euro-american operation, with the same as CEO in rotating fashion.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, well it's basically a euro-american operation, with the same as CEO in rotating fashion.
View Quote

I tell you what, we pull American participation/Funding from WB/IMF/NATO, and you can watch them all go down the toilet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, the former Secretary of Defense, ROBERT STRANGE McNAMARA, the greatest single ally of North Korea, North Vietnam and the Soviet Union once ran the World Bank.
That pretty well sums up my feelings.

(Saint John (Kennedy) is given credit for everything from curing the common cold to inventing watermelon (or was that Gore ?) anyway he's never given credit for saving Ford Motor Company which he actually did by removing McNamara.)
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#14]
A great example:

The World Bank and the IMF are funded mostly by large banks like Citicorp and Chase Manhatten.  These large banks made HUGE loans to third world countries like Argentina through the World Bank.  This is a high risk investment, but they could make big profits in it.

However, it is not high risk at all.  If Argentina defaults on their loan, Chase Manhatten goes to the US Govt. and says "Oh my God!! We are looking at a major default and we could go under if Argentina defaults!!  If that happens, the US economy could be seriously impacted!!"  The US Govt. (read taxpayer) quickly bails out Chase Manhatten by giving Argentina more (of our money) money so it can keep making its payments to Chase Manhatten.  

As it is set up, these big banks have no incentive to use prudent banking practices.  They know that no matter what, the taxpayer will bail them out.  They have the potential for huge profits with no risk. It is a wonderful scheme for the banks since they never really want the loan to be paid off as this will eliminate an asset from their books.  To a bank a loan is an asset.  All they really want is the interest payments to keep rolling in.  It matters not that the principle never gets paid off.  They collect the interest and keep the asset on their books forever.  Essentially it is free money for them.

This all serves to place the rest of the world under the thumb of large international banks - just as we are.  Those same banks make up the Federal Reserve.

Pretty nifty eh?
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#15]
the World Bank?  welfare on a global scale.  and like welfare on the national/local scale, it keeps the poor poor and the rich less rich.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#16]
What is the World Bank supposed to do?  By that, I mean, what does the World Bank say its mission is?  And how is it different from the IMF?  I know the IMF is something else, but I don't know what it does either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top