Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2001 1:56:50 PM EDT
Do you own any Lightsticks? You know those things you bend and shake to make emergency light? Well you are now the proud owner of newly declared "drug paraphenalia". The ATF will be able to get more JTF-6 training now! Woo Hoo!

Sell a glowstick, go to prison
[url]www.salon.com/ent/music/feature/2001/06/20/rave_feature/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, and the forceps I use for removing fish hooks are really roach clips. And soda cans are "steam rollers" in disguise.

Glad to know that my tax dollars are going toward effective law enforcement and not some whiny-assed prevention/treatment program.

[moon]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
ATF needs a life!!!! They got nothing better to do then this? Hay ATF get a life and start doing some real work.  [-!-!-]  [-!-!-]  [-!-!-]  [-!-!-]  [-!-!-]  [-!-!-]  [-!-!-]  [-!-!-]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Read the rest of the article - [b]Vicks Vaporub[/b] counts as "drug paraphenalia"!

Jezus, don't have a cold and go to a club party, or you'll end up in Club Fed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't mind them banning glow sticks.  They have no useful purpose anyway.  We need to at the very least feel safe.  Having the glowsticks banned does make me feel safe.  And I wouldn't mind getting prescriptions for the Vic's Vaporub either.  As one of my favorite congresswomen said:

"Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe."
Dianne Feinstein, United States Senator
Quoted by Associated Press, November 18, 1993

I'm sure she would agree with banning glowsticks as well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I find that when a glowstick is inserted in the anus of an ATF agent, they don't really glow a cheery green, it is sort of more a burnt red color, you know what I mean?

Of course, if they stopped packing their rectums with vapo-rub, they might not have such a reaction to the light sticks.

Bunch of vapo-rub-cylume packing morons.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1003517&a=7384367&p=50866100&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Fer cryin out loud.....

All the ATF/DEA is trying to do is to get the drugs off the street.  Can't anyone *not* bash the LEO's for even this noble cause?

They have been trying so hard for so many years and they haven't had much success, so sure why the hell not try harder, spend more, ignore more of the original intent of the constitution.  Hell this is after all "For the Children" isn't it?

Besides I don't see any constitutional "Right" to cylume or vapo-rub.  What makes this so damn special?  Geez what a bunch of crack house defending LEO bashers we have here.

Holy crap, I just realized my whole neighborhood is plauged with juvenile drug users!!!  Just last Halloween just about every damn kid walking around had a damn glow stick around their neck!  I better call the DEA hot line 1-800-Ih8-dope and pray to the gods of civility serviceness that they don't lock my ass up for accessory!

I am very distressed that so far none of our boys in blue have chimed in to remind you druggie defenders what shit-bags you must be.  Everyone should have the right to determine what they consume??? Yeah right!  What a nightmare that would be.  Anarchy...the horror.

You all ought to be thankful that the Federal  Government still allows you to partake (for now) in alcoholic beverages.  Isn't that (and the alcohol excise tax) good enough for you?

In the immortal words of Mr Mackey...Drugs are Bad, nnnKay?
rDAm
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
first the vapor rub then the advil
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Do you own any Lightsticks? You know those things you bend and shake to make emergency light? Well you are now the proud owner of newly declared "drug paraphenalia". The ATF will be able to get more JTF-6 training now! Woo Hoo!

Sell a glowstick, go to prison
[url]www.salon.com/ent/music/feature/2001/06/20/rave_feature/index.html[/url]
View Quote

Didn't you know,the top part of the light sticks where it's flat is a bayonet lug. The hole is there to secure it.
B  ureau of
A  ssholes and
T  otal
F  ools

Barney Fife is alive and well in "F-Troop"
                [grenade]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top