Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 8:53:49 AM EDT
They should be dusting off some of those neutron bombs.  The possibilities of radioactive fallout could be avoided.  Terrorists would just disappear to dust.

[url]http://web2.airmail.net/myself/secular/writing/n_bomb.htm[/url]

I wonder what other new fascinating and amazing toys will be revealed if we do "get our nuts in a vise" in this conflict?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
My understanding at the time was the Neutron bomb was developed as a response to ever thicker armor on Soviet tanks. The tanks were so well protected that they almost required a direct hit with a nuke to "kill" them. The neutron bomb was still a very destructive weapon which will still pulverize buildings, the extra emissions were to kill the tank crew sitting behind several inches of steel armor. The whole " kill people but not damage buildings " aspect was a media myth, much like " easily converted assault weapons".
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#2]
If they've got some goodies hidden, now's the time to use them. Who are we waiting to use them on, surely not the Russians anymore!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I would not be surprised if Russia or China gets involved sometime down the road if they aren't already in some capacity.  A huge communist resurgence in these times has been foreshadowed.  I wouldn't trust them nor down play them for a second.  I would think that the U.S. would only reveal their most guarded secret weaponry if they get involved.  Most likely anti-gravs, particle weapons, dna specific weaponry, tesla weapons, low frequency, weather modifcation, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure we'll be able to use all those weapons art bell keeps talking about...

Hey, let's alter the weather in afghanistan!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Any alteration of the weather in Afghanistan would probably benefit the country.  Heck, with a decent snow season they could open up a few ski resorts.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Father of the neutron bomb seems to agree with me:

[url]http://www.rense.com/general14/fatherofneutron.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think the Russian and/or the Chinese are going to be receptive to us detonating nukes of any kind in their "backyard"
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Why do we need to use this on the Afghans? So we can kill them all but keep their clay huts intact?
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#10]
anti gravs? really?
willy [>:/]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if the Military has any Rail guns.

[rail]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#12]
We really need a "star wars" defense.  Then our laser photon particle disrupter beam could vaporize the terrorist camps and nobody would be the wiser.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#13]
"Why do we need to use this on the Afghans? So we can kill them all but keep their clay huts intact?"

Well, I'll read it to you then:

"The radioactive fallout would be relatively limited in terms of immediate death and death from prolonged effects."

Maybe you don't want anything living there for 15,000 years? No possibility of any troops being able to go in afterward? Radioactive clouds looming over other countries?
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I still think the pressure pulse of large fuel air bombs would be very effective against an enemy hiding in caves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top