User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 3:18:41 AM EDT
The Truth On the Ground

By Ben Connable

Wednesday, December 14, 2005; Page A29

Here is the link:
The Truth On the Ground

Some Excertps:

"For every vividly portrayed suicide bombing, there are hundreds of thousands of people living quiet, if often uncertain, lives. For every depressing story of unrest and instability there is an untold story of potential and hope. The impression of Iraq as an unfathomable quagmire is false and dangerously misleading.

"The precipitous withdrawal of U.S. troops would almost certainly lead to a violent and destabilizing civil war. The Iraqi military is not ready to assume control and would not miraculously achieve competence in our absence. As we left, the insurgency would turn into internecine violence, and Iraq would collapse into a true failed state. The fires of the Iraqi civil war would spread, and terrorists would find a new safe haven from which to launch attacks against our homeland.

"Although we hate leaving our families behind, many of us would rather go back to Iraq a hundred times than abandon the Iraqi people."

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
And there you have it.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Murtha! I'll take this guy's word since he's there and you aren't, meaning he speaks the truth gained through experience. Have you fought in Iraq Mr. Murtha? In case you don't know, Iraq and Vietnam are not the same countries, nor is the situation the same. So stifle that stupid pie hole of yours, sit down and STFU!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:24:56 AM EDT
[#2]
He's just a Bush hack, ordered to say that so Halliburton can continue getting rich off the war.

Where are the WMD? Where is Osama?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:25:41 AM EDT
[#3]
[/liberal reporter]But,,but Howard Dean, Nancy Pelosi, John Murtha, John Kerry, Air America and Demoratic Underground say we are losing and can't win. What could this Marine guy possibly know about it?[/liberal reporter]

It's all Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:07:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted: Although we hate leaving our families behind, many of us would rather go back to Iraq a hundred times than abandon the Iraqi people."
[MSM mode ON] Soldiers love Iraqis more than their own families in America, the rest at 9[MSM mode OFF]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#5]
i hear this everyday straight from the horse's mouth. along with "we need more people". no one listens on the left, no one listens on the right. guess who's stuck in the middle...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:32:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And there you have it.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Murtha! I'll take this guy's word since he's there and you aren't, meaning he speaks the truth gained through experience. Have you fought in Iraq Mr. Murtha? In case you don't know, Iraq and Vietnam are not the same countries, nor is the situation the same. So stifle that stupid pie hole of yours, sit down and STFU!

HEY! You shut your pie-hole mister! I don't care what the troops say. I know whats good for them cause I'm a DEMOCRAT and we are all like totally super-duper more smarter than you. Yahhh, really!

Seriously though the most aggravating thing about Murtha and the other antis is that it is nothing but pure friggin political grandstanding. If Murtha cared so much for the troops why isn't he over there asking the TROOPS what they want. Notice the press isn't giving Joe Lieberman (sp?) any airtime.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:40:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And there you have it.

+1.  Well stated.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And there you have it.

HEY! You shut your pie-hole mister! I don't care what the troops say. I know whats good for them cause I'm a DEMOCRAT and we are all like totally super-duper more smarter than you. Yahhh, really!

Seriously though the most aggravating thing about Murtha and the other antis is that it is nothing but pure friggin political grandstanding. If Murtha cared so much for the troops why isn't he over there asking the TROOPS what they want. Notice the press isn't giving Joe Lieberman (sp?) any airtime.

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:51:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:23:42 AM EDT
[#10]
You have to admit, in all the years leading up to this point. President Bush's middle east policy has done more to bring peace in the region than all the liberal peaceniks like Carter could manage combined. Amazing what a good ass kicking will do. Just hope we don't have to go to Africa to straigten that mess out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You have to admit, in all the years leading up to this point. President Bush's middle east policy has done more to bring peace in the region than all the liberal peaceniks like Carter could manage combined. Amazing what a good ass kicking will do. Just hope we don't have to go to Africa to straigten that mess out.

Don't worry we won't.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry we won't.

from your mouth to god's ear...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top