Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 7:39:20 PM EDT
Saw "The Thing" lastnight on cable, couple of questions. 1) what kind of rifle did the Norwegian have? and 2) what exacty was he saying to the Americans?(if anyone here speaks Norwegian)

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Saw "The Thing" lastnight on cable, couple of questions. 1) what kind of rifle did the Norwegian have? and 2) what exacty was he saying to the Americans?(if anyone here speaks Norwegian)

One of my favorite movies.

1) HK 93(semi) or 33(select-fire)
2)something about all our bases belonging to them/us....dunno....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Norwegian and Danish are really just dialects of one another, so I can probably tell you.

Do you remember what they said?  Or do you have it somewhere in an audio clip (sorry, I don't have a copy of The Thing )
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a pic of the Norwegian guy:
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
He said "I'm a policeman and I'm here on official business to kill your dogs!"
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a few Norwegian friends from Anarchy Online, i'll ask around and see if anyone knows
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Here ya go - Google solved the problem:

www.outpost31.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?session=7UdoyAn3grBYwLfFbJE24Y3OqE&forum=3&thread=1047

There's an entire website dedicated to "The Thing" and endless discussions about who was infected when, etc.

It is nerd nirvana!  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Get me the audio and I will tell ya
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here ya go - Google solved the problem:

www.outpost31.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?session=7UdoyAn3grBYwLfFbJE24Y3OqE&forum=3&thread=1047

There's an entire website dedicated to "The Thing" and endless discussions about who was infected when, etc.

It is nerd nirvana!  

Copy and paste for ya

FAQ: What did the Norwegian shout at the Americans?
A: Here is an updated translation from Daniel Andre Johansen, a Norwegian fan. The first paragraph is what the Norwegian says (or, according to Daniel, what the actor playing the Norwegian tries to say). The second paragraph is the corresponding English translation.

"Se til helvete å kom dere vekk
Det er ikke en bikkje
det er en slags ting
den imiterer en bikkje
den er ikke virkelig
kom dere vekk idioter!"

"Get the hell away
It's not a dog/mutt
It's a thing
It's imitating a dog/mutt
It's not real
Get away idiots!"
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks all, you guys are a veritable cornucopia of useless information. many thanks.

now, who "really" killed Kennedy?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
thanks all, you guys are a veritable cornucopia of useless information. many thanks.

now, who "really" killed Kennedy?

All the answers you seek are in "JFK".

Back and to the left.
Back and to the left.
Back and to the left.
Back and to the left.
Back and to the left.
Back and to the left.
Back and to the left.
Back and to the left.Back and to the leftBack and to the leftBack and to the leftBack and to the leftBack and to the leftBack and to the leftBack and to the leftBack and to the leftBack and to the leftBack and to the leftBack and to the leftBack and to the left

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I dare you to stay awake through it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top