Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/7/2013 5:15:44 AM EST
Ie, having to wait.

Go to the place prepared. Sit down, be comfortable, bring the diary and write a few pages.

Later, when they have you trapped, stranded, walk around, window shop, browse the book store with restraint, read for what is bought.

If your captors have a waiting room, use it for napping for that is probably the one place in this consumer world that you can where it is relatively safe, you are relatively protected from the elements, where you won't be seen as a bum.

Okay, so what's the point about this "It's all about me," post?

It's that as I look around at the other posts here of people complaining, about how bad this or that business was, or how I listened to people yesterday acting like Veruca Salt, I have to wonder how they might have acted had they been in my boots yesterday, what they would be saying if they had not been at least a little prepared to take life easy.

Maybe things would not seem that bad if so many of us wouldn't act like spoiled brats.
("I was standing in the grocery store line, The one they marked express, When this woman came through with about 25 things, And I said don't you know that more is less, She said this world is movin' so fast, I just get more behind with every day, And every mornin' when I make my coffee, I can't believe my life's turned out this way....,"--lyrics, (w,stte), "Love's the Only House" by Martina McBride)
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:18:37 AM EST
My body doubles are brattier than I am, so people are easily confused.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:18:45 AM EST
I'm always on time. I don't waste other people's time.
If they waste mine, I tell them about it
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:19:01 AM EST
What?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:20:10 AM EST
Not bad Snow.........not bad!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:20:29 AM EST
I want patience,,, and I want it NOW!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:20:40 AM EST
So what the fuck is up with your signature thing?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:21:58 AM EST
Always have a back up plan.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:24:16 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skrapmetal:
View Quote

It's a reference from literature (movie, tv, song, book, humor, popular culture, history) that relates to what I said or what has been said or what the subject is.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
("Your language is based on analogy!"--Picard, (w,stte), ST:TNG "Darmok")
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:24:24 AM EST
I bring a book and find a place to read. Currently I'm reading author, poet, playwright and opera composer (in collaboration with Richard Strauss) Stefan Zweig's autobiography, The World of Yesterday. Zweig is an Austrian who grew up when there was still a Hapsburg sitting on the throne of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. He witnessed the breakup of the empire and the departure of the Emperor. More relevant to my immediate interest are his observations of the devaluation of the Austrian Krone and the hyper-inflation that followed.

Bavarians in neighboring Germany took advantage of the Austrian hyper-inflation and consulted with Austrian physicians, filled their prescriptions, had clothes tailored in Austria and pocketed their savings. There was a beer war too as Bavarians crossed the border and got ten times the beer they could buy at home. Often times they had to be hauled on handtrucks back to the train station to be sent home after their drunken revelry with Bacchus. Of course, this backfired when the krone stabilized and the German mark hyper-inflated in its turn. Then Austrians crossed the border and bought stuff cheap from Germany.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:24:35 AM EST
If you plan your defecation time properly, you can waste adequate time in their restroom.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:24:42 AM EST
Snow

if you're in the DFW area I have GOT to meet you Face to face..

CHEF
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:24:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By David4327:
Always have a back up plan.
View Quote

and the outline of yet another plan.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:25:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By Snowleopard:

It's a reference from literature (movie, tv, song, book, humor, popular culture, history) that relates to what I said or what has been said or what the subject is.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No, not that signature in particular... but the typing out of a different signature for each and every post.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:25:45 AM EST

View All Quotes

How do you keep track of all of those Snow?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:25:57 AM EST
In summary.

Dear Diary,
I had to wait today
It sucked
Quit your bitching everybody
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:27:02 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:27:08 AM EST
If there's a possibility of waiting, I have my battered old Nook gen 1 along.

I might have sorta kinda found a torrent of a 10gb file of pretty much every major science fiction work of the 20th century that has never had a payable ePub release, including all of Stanislaw Lem's work.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:27:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:
Snow

CHEF
View Quote

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:28:11 AM EST
I've had customers tell me to chill, as I work hard to take care of them.

Lazy has no place in modern society. And if the business is short-staffed, that's NOT MY FAULT. Excessive wait times are a pox, not a minor inconvenience.

I'll wait for my tomatoes to grow. Customer service? Do your job.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:32:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2013 5:33:59 AM EST by Snowleopard]

No, not that signature in particular... but the typing out of a different signature for each and every post.
View All Quotes

Because each and every post tends to be differ from others, so that calls for different references; they really aren't signatures.

Originally Posted By RDak:

How do you keep track of all of those Snow?

It's one of the ways my mind works. I "ask" it for a reference and often times, it returns with one. Now a down side is that if "it" comes back with one that really doesn't fit, the output is rather blocked with that response, it can be difficult to get a different answer from my mind. Usually, then, I have to relax some and get involved myself to go searching through my literature memory to find a better response.

Originally Posted By Sparky:
In summary.

Dear Diary,
I had to wait today
It sucked

Hold on to that thought for quite long while, ie you will have to wait, and I'll get back to it after chores and errands, probably this evening.
____________________________________________________________________________________
(" In which case we can remove him from duty as per Space Corps Directive 196156."--Rimmer
"196156? Any officer caught sniffing the saddle of the exercise bicycle in the women's gym will be discharged without trial? Hmm. I'm sorry, sir, that doesn't quite get to the nub of the matter for me."--Kryten, (w,stte), "Red Dwarf")
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:35:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2013 5:37:26 AM EST by mgwantob]
Ie, having to wait.

Go to the place prepared. Sit down, be comfortable, bring the diary and write a few pages.

Later, when they have you trapped, stranded, walk around, window shop, browse the book store with restraint, read for what is bought.

If your captors have a waiting room, use it for napping for that is probably the one place in this consumer world that you can where it is relatively safe, you are relatively protected from the elements, where you won't be seen as a bum.

Okay, so what's the point about this "It's all about me," post?

It's that as I look around at the other posts here of people complaining, about how bad this or that business was, or how I listened to people yesterday acting like Veruca Salt, I have to wonder how they might have acted had they been in my boots yesterday, what they would be saying if they had not been at least a little prepared to take life easy.

Maybe things would not seem that bad if so many of us wouldn't act like spoiled brats.
("I was standing in the grocery store line, The one they marked express, When this woman came through with about 25 things, And I said don't you know that more is less, She said this world is movin' so fast, I just get more behind with every day, And every mornin' when I make my coffee, I can't believe my life's turned out this way....,"--lyrics, (w,stte), "Love's the Only House" by Martina McBride)
View Quote

NVM, I see you just answered my question. It's ... odd to say the least but somewhat creative I guess.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:38:10 AM EST
Originally Posted By mgwantob:
Ok, maybe you've explained this before... why do you post quotes under every post you make?
View Quote

Yes.....

................quite recently as a matter of fact!

(ie, look up a little in this thread)
____________________________________________________________________________________
("Sir Edgar, I was unaware you had taken a wife."--The Lord
"Yes, quite recently as a matter of fact, My Lord!"--the knight who picked up a wife on his way to the castle, (w,stte), "Time Trackers")
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:42:07 AM EST
When I was driving a truck a newspaper or book would sometimes get me service faster.
If I was standing in line or sitting in a corner reading it made them look bad.
The more comfortable I looked the faster they wanted to get rid of me.
If I was complaining the wait would be longer.
Sometimes their supervisor would think I was working for them and really raise hell.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:47:22 AM EST
TLDR.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:49:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2013 6:05:44 AM EST by callgood]
Did you walk to school or carry your books?

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:50:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By EvanWilliams:
View Quote
I agree, I am either on time or early, if I am early of course, I don't mind waiting.. but to sit somewhere and wait an hour and not say anything? Nope.. just not my style.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:51:13 AM EST
But...but...I voted to make you queen of Arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:55:51 AM EST
Isn't that why Apple invented the smart phone? I like seeing 8 of 10 people in like being productive on their devices while a establishment is constipated.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:04:24 AM EST
if you have ever been lost, dazed or confused by a snow leopard thread you are not

alone

Been Dazed and Confused for so long it's not true.
Wanted a woman, never bargained for you.
Lots of people talk and few of them know,
soul of a woman was created below.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:09:41 AM EST
So, Snow... who was it that inconvenienced you so much that you had to start a thread here about it?

Was it your Dentist? Maybe your Doctor? Psychiatrist... perhaps?

Just teasing, Snow! I actually enjoy your threads... they make me think outside of the box.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:12:48 AM EST

Soon... that French tank will pop a white flag?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:19:26 AM EST
BREAKING NEWS: Smelly Cat Lady Walks Around Rambling, Tracks Cat Hair Everywhere!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:20:48 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:29:32 AM EST
OP was probably waiting for a prostate exam.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:32:06 AM EST
I scratch my balls when they itch.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:37:46 AM EST
Op is a woman, moron.

But it did sound like you were in a hospital perhaps?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:41:34 AM EST

View All Quotes

Excellent episode. Possibly one of my favorites.

Also a great shirt, if you know where to look.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:48:43 AM EST
Snow, have you ever thought about just sitting down and having a nice cold glass of Coke?

If you are ever in the Falklands, let me know so I can leave..
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:48:53 AM EST
That was actually pretty coherent.

If I'm forced to wait somewhere I just bring my smart phone and play on arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:51:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By Sparky:
In summary.

Dear Diary,
I had to wait today
It sucked
View Quote

lol. perfect
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:52:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By jimhoff:
Isn't that why Apple invented the smart phone? I like seeing 8 of 10 people in like being productive on their devices while a establishment is constipated.
View Quote

If so, if that was the REAL reason, then boy, did that one backfire!

As this video shows a frequent example from real life now:

As far as walking or carrying my books to school, off and on. Early elementary, walked. Later elementary through much of high school, bussed. Mid high school, biked. Late high school, drove. First undergrad, marched and walked. Other college degrees, biked and drove.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
("(self-righteously) The printed page is obsolete. (stands up) Information isn't bound up anymore. It's an entity. The only reality is virtual. If you're not jacked in, you're not alive. (grabs his books and leaves)"--Fritz
"Thank you, Fritz, for making us all sound like crazy people."--Jenny, (w,stte), BtVs, "I, Robot...You, Jane")
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:52:37 AM EST
Not bad Snow.........you are a bright woman.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:57:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By RDak:
Not bad Snow.........not bad!
View Quote

Imposter?

This actually made sense.[list=1]

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:00:14 AM EST
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:
Snow

CHEF
View Quote

I, too, wish to meet this mysterious woman, the enigma that is the arfamous snowleopard...
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:04:55 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:32:39 AM EST

My money was on this involving public nudity, multiple quart containers of poster paint, and warbling like Yoko Ono.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:35:12 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:37:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By EvanWilliams:
View Quote

This ^^^

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:37:03 AM EST
I understood a Snowleopard post <insert dancing Babnana here>
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:37:09 AM EST
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top