Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/13/2002 8:03:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/13/2002 8:07:10 AM EDT by DScottHewitt]
Check out the logo here: [url]http://www.amw.com[/url] [img]http://www2.amw.com/site/sniper.gif[/img] Scott
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 8:20:10 AM EDT
Bravo Tango Tango Scott
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 8:26:14 AM EDT
Isn't that an Airsoft? The slot on the buttstock is for the battery, correct? Not very familiar with airsoft, but others who are have identified that as a picture of an airsoft rifle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 8:55:57 AM EDT
The pic is too small to tell whether it's airsoft or not. There is one model of airsoft gun that is in that configuration (Tokyo Marui calls it the CAR-15) so it could very well be a pic of that "gun", but from a side view, you wouldn't be able to see the battery compartment. The battery on that particular model goes in the hand guard, not in the buttstock (that buttstock is extendable). Still, I think you're probably correct in that it's a photo of an airsoft gun. Regardless, using a picture of that type of weapon in realtion to these attacks is baseless, ignorant, and yes just plain tacky. BTW, the link is dead. --ZERO
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:02:13 AM EDT
Im guessing anything that could be considered a "sniper weapon" after this ordeal is over WILL become Class 3 weapon in the VERY near future.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:33:13 AM EDT
Well, I'd say he is, but not of the SBR variety... At first, I thought 'bolt action hunting rifle', but as more info comes out, I'm changing my mind.. I'm gonna guess it's a... stolen M16! If it's not this, than it's probably a Mini-14 or AC556 (more likely plain Mini-14, though). We'll find out when the cops catch him (and his accomplice(s)) and recover the rifle. That would also be the least painful for us (as the focus would become 'how did the govt loose this gun in the first place'... Also, wouldn't it be ironic if it was one of the guns that the Clinton DOJ 'lost'???
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:57:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Dave_A: Also, wouldn't it be ironic if it was one of the guns that the Clinton DOJ 'lost'???
View Quote
Please elaborate. What guns? Not that I need more Cintonista vomit fodder, but I would like to know what guns they lost.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 1:49:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dave_A: Well, I'd say he is, but not of the SBR variety... At first, I thought 'bolt action hunting rifle', but as more info comes out, I'm changing my mind.. I'm gonna guess it's a... stolen M16! If it's not this, than it's probably a Mini-14 or AC556 (more likely plain Mini-14, though). We'll find out when the cops catch him (and his accomplice(s)) and recover the rifle. That would also be the least painful for us (as the focus would become 'how did the govt loose this gun in the first place'... Also, wouldn't it be ironic if it was one of the guns that the Clinton DOJ 'lost'???
View Quote
Why would you think it is Class III? That makes no sense at all. There has been no indication of such. Why not a bolt action? They don't have clue, so what makes you think this?
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:36:05 PM EDT
Originally posted by Dave_A: I'm gonna guess it's a... stolen M16! If it's not this, than it's probably a Mini-14 or AC556 (more likely plain Mini-14, though).
View Quote
Mini-14 at 150 yds shooting less than minute of barn? Guess that would explain the one-shot rule for this guy. Get one decent shot off from a cold barrel before the accuracy really degrades from a hot barrel on the second shot... .[:)]
Top Top