Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 9:58:19 AM EDT
Went out to fire the old Scout up today. The damn gas pedal wasn't working for some reason. Looked down to see what the prolem was. the gas pedal arm is snapped in half. kind of hard to see it in the pic, but hanging from the top center of the pic is the broken section. atleast i have 10 others to rob parts off of. too bad i had to leave them all in kentucky.

long live the Scout!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Tis but a flesh wound!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Duct tape and chewing gum...that'll fix it  for a while.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Time to rig that cable operated throttle now! (AKA Bailing Wire)

MT
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotta fix it up then it will be good for another 25 years....
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
You should sacrifice the Scout to the Bulletfest gods.

Got tannerite???

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#6]
[cavvet]I told you that thing was crap!![/cavvet]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
IDIOTS!!!  You gotta use J.B. Weld and a beer can!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah....they have these things called "welders" that are used to fix such problems.

If the Scout is anything like every single other thing IH ever made, the arm is probably made out of forged, high carbon steel, 4 times as heavy as it ever needed to be.

So, just how heavy is your foot?

Arc
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
duct tape a flip flop to the stub

I don't think Kerry would like that
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You should sacrifice the Scout to the Bulletfest gods.

Got tannerite???

Yes! Must fill with bullets!

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I've owned two Scouts in my life time.  Wish I still had the last one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I told you that you should have gone back and towed that broken down one from I-5 back home with you.

What do you think guys would be going against nature to put a fly-by-wire throttle on a Scout?

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Weld it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Bro, I thought you were talking about that little boy in Utah who got lost fishing with his dad. He's a boyscout..I haven't heard anything in a couple days so my heart skipped a beat reading the title of the thread...

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#17]
that'll buff right out ...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

MT

<snort!>  I had a friend who rigged the throttle on his VW Beetle with kite string (thru decklid vents over car thru sunroof to be pulled by hand) when the cable broke.  Drove it like that for a week or so that it took for the parts to come in.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Shoe string, a 30rnd mag body, and two wood screws should hold her in place.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MT

<snort!>  I had a friend who rigged the throttle on his VW Beetle with kite string (thru decklid vents over car thru sunroof to be pulled by hand) when the cable broke.  Drove it like that for a week or so that it took for the parts to come in.

Guy at work did that once, took both of his shoestrings out and rigged it like that. Came out under the back seat IIRC. Drove with one hand on the wheel and the other hand in the back seat tuggin away at the strings to give it gas. It was funnier than shit watchin him try to shift it!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Went out to fire the old Scout up today. The damn gas pedal wasn't working for some reason. Looked down to see what the prolem was. the gas pedal arm is snapped in half. kind of hard to see it in the pic, but hanging from the top center of the pic is the broken section. atleast i have 10 others to rob parts off of.  too bad i had to leave them all in kentucky.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/kooter/P1010027.jpg

long live the Scout!!

You know, I can't say I've ever known anyone who owned just ONE Scout.  Did they come with an extra parts car when you bought one new or something?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MT

Guy at work did that once, took both of his shoestrings out and rigged it like that. Came out under the back seat IIRC. Drove with one hand on the wheel and the other hand in the back seat tuggin away at the strings to give it gas. It was funnier than shit watchin him try to shift it!

When the wipers on my old beater Dodge died during a winter sleet/rain storm I jacklegged a pulley system for the wipers using shoelaces.  Tied to both wiper arms passing thru the passenger compartment thru a slightly lowered window.  Drive a bit, grab the shoelace 'clothesline' & give it a quick left/right jerk=cleared windows.  Worked good enuff to get me home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top