Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/11/2005 4:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 4:31:16 PM EDT by thompsondd]
It's TRUE. Voters were intimidated, disenfranchised, and there were incidents of voter fraud.

Step right up ladies and gents and read a non-partisan report of 'activites' during the 2004 election and see first hand how voters were disenfranchised.

Link to ACVR report on Vote Fraud, Intimidation & Suppression In The 2004 Presidential Electionl

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:00:20 PM EDT
and why is this not the top story on the evening news?

If the situation was reversed, every lib in the country would be screaming at the top of thier lungs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:03:19 PM EDT
Doesn't seem like this group is non-partisan. Most any group that is involved with politics (or individuals) are linked with one party or another.Some of the worst are the ones not linked directly and therefor feel they have the ability to run amuck and do as they please.
I don't doubt nor do I have any proof about the truth of their findings,we all know politics is a dirty buisness.
Got to ask myself how a group such as this is funded, who actually does the research,and how do you keep politics from "tainting" the findings?
I have a feeling and I hope I am correct that todays presidential elections have their shady areas but are still way better than say the way the kenedys (joe mostly) cut a bunch of dirty deals with unions,mobs,and big city polititions to buy JFK his way to the white house
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:07:07 PM EDT

Executive Summary

The 2004 presidential election was unlike any other. A closely divided but highly passionate American electorate achieved the highest percentage of voter turnout since 1968, as 122 million voters went to the polls on Election Day. President George W. Bush was reelected with the most votes for any presidential candidate in history, while his challenger Senator John Kerry received the second most votes ever. However, despite huge voter turnout on November 2, recent studies have shown that public confidence in the American election system is low. As has been pointed out by election law expert Professor Richard L. Hasen, a post-election NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found that more than a quarter of Americans worried that the vote count for president in 2004 was unfair. Moreover, a Rasmussen Reports poll found that 59 percent of Americans believed that there was "a lot" or "some" fraud in American elections. (1)

The American Center For Voting Rights Legislative Fund (“ACVR Legislative Fund”) was founded on the belief that public confidence in our electoral system is the cornerstone of our democracy. ACVR Legislative Fund was established primarily to further the common good and general welfare of the citizens of the United States of America by educating the public about vote fraud, intimidation and discrimination which impacts the Constitutional right of all citizens to participate in the electoral process. This important task requires an honest accounting of activity during the 2004 election, so that we may move forward with a common set of facts to address the issues that undermine public confidence in American elections. ACVR Legislative Fund presents the following report as the most comprehensive and authoritative look at the facts surrounding allegations of vote fraud, intimidation and suppression leveled by both parties during the 2004 election. This investigation found the following:

While Democrats routinely accuse Republicans of voter intimidation and suppression, neither party has a clean record on the issue. Instead, the evidence shows that Democrats waged aggressive intimidation and suppression campaigns against Republican voters and volunteers in 2004. Republicans have not been exempt from similar criticism in this area, as alleged voter intimidation and suppression activity by GOP operatives led the Republican National Committee to sign a consent decree repudiating such tactics in 1982. However, a careful review of the facts shows that in 2004, paid Democrat operatives were far more involved in voter intimidation and suppression efforts than their Republican counterparts. Examples include:

Paid Democrat operatives charged with slashing tires of 25 Republican get-out-the-vote vans in Milwaukee on the morning of Election Day.

Misleading telephone calls made by Democrat operatives targeting Republican voters in Ohio with the wrong date for the election and faulty polling place information.

Intimidating and deceiving mailings and telephone calls paid for by the DNC threatening Republican volunteers in Florida with legal action.

Union-coordinated intimidation and violence campaign targeting Republican campaign offices and volunteers resulting in a broken arm for a GOP volunteer in Florida.

Vote fraud and voter registration fraud were significant problems in at least a dozen states around the county. Vote fraud is a reality in America that occurred not only in large battleground states like Wisconsin but in places like Alabama and Kentucky. The record indicates that in 2004, voter registration fraud was mainly the work of so-called “nonpartisan” groups such as Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) and NAACP National Voter Fund. Examples include:

Joint task force in Wisconsin found “clear evidence of fraud in the Nov. 2 election in Milwaukee,” including more than 200 felon voters, more than 100 double voters and thousands more ballots cast than voters recorded as having voted in the city.

NAACP National Voter Fund worker in Ohio paid crack cocaine in exchange for a large number of fraudulent voter registration cards in names of Dick Tracy, Mary Poppins and other fictional characters.

Former ACORN worker said there was “a lot of fraud committed” by group in Florida, as ACORN workers submitted thousands of fraudulent registrations in a dozen states across the country, resulting in a statewide investigation of the group in Florida and multiple indictments and convictions of ACORN/Project Vote workers for voter registration fraud in several states.

Why am I NOT surprised?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:07:34 PM EDT
Yea, I drove 127 miles and then back in the dead of winter because (working out of town at the time) because I was disenfranchised, intimidated, and so on....wait I was....Kerry coulda won, and that scared the flock outa me.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:24:19 PM EDT
its interesting how the events from the DNC are violent such as breaking arms and assaulting people while the worst the RNC has were just misinformation type charges.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:37:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheSelecter:
its interesting how the events from the DNC are violent such as breaking arms and assaulting people while the worst the RNC has were just misinformation type charges.

Don't forget tire slashing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:41:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 5:41:47 PM EDT by lippo]

Originally Posted By thompsondd:

Originally Posted By TheSelecter:

Don't forget tire slashing.

And the killing of Sam Weaver, Vicki Weaver and the Branch Davidians.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:43:10 PM EDT
Someone should post this over at DU.
Top Top