Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2017 9:57:52 AM EDT
And the caller ID says ANONYMOUS or some other such bullshit.

Someone who's intentionally concealing their own identity wants to intrude into your life and seeks personal information, so why in the world do people ever answer calls like that ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually let numbers I don't recognize go to voice mail.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I disabled my voicemail.  I see who called.  If I'm interested in what they have to say, I'll call them back.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I never answer unknown callers.

Most of them don't bother to leave a message, if they don't catch a live one they move right on to their next "prospect".
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I sometimes answer, let them run thru their shpeal, fuck with them for a few minutes then hang up while they are mid sentence.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
We run a business and some legit cross-country or out-of-country calls show up like that.

Those aren't as bad as the ones from Microsoft though.  I mean, really, how many times a day can my computer get infected with a virus?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#6]
"Anonymous" in the caller ID is good way to make sure 98% of your calls don't get answered.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a friend that answers each and every one of those unidentifiable  callers.

I ask him why and he says I want to find out why they called.

He's been the victim of numerous phone scams including the Microsoft scam, and his wife was terrified by the fake IRS "you're going to jail" call until my wife convinced her that it was bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#8]
"It's just some friends of mine that say, watsamatter man we gonna come around 12 with some Puerto Rican girls who just dyinggg to meet you, we gonna bring a case of wine hey let's go mess and fool around like we used to"
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't look at caller ID before answering.  If it is someone I want to talk to I talk.  If it is a sales pitch I either hang up or fuck with them.  Some days, fucking with them is the high point of the day.

This be Bob, tank for calling technical support.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, Sorry the Sherriff done took my credit cards
Tell me more, yes, interesting, MAMA IT'S FOR YOU!
Yes, yes, good, Can I tell you about My Lord the flying sgetti monster?
Yes, yes, yes, you sound hot, what are you wearing?  I'll bet you are wearing your sexy pink panties (especially good when said to a man)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top