Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 7:14:36 PM EDT

The state Assembly today failed to override the governor’s veto of a bill that would have ended the state’s 133-year-old ban on concealed weapons ... The 64-34 vote means Wisconsin remains one of only four states that prohibit concealed weapons and marks a victory for Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle. Rep. Terry Van Akkeren, a Sheboygan Democrat, was among those who voted against the override ...Six Democrats, including Van Akkeren, voted to pass the bill late last year, but Van Akkeren and Rep. John Steinbrink of Pleasant Prairie flipped and voted today to sustain the veto.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It's really the peoples republic of madison and milwaukee that screw up the entire state.

and DUPE!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I once met a woman from Madison,WI who actually stated to a group of people that it is immoral to carry a gun for ANY reason. She stated that even in a rape situation it would be wrong to use "that kind of force" to halt the attack. She advocated carrying a condom or femdom instead. Her logic; if a woman were raped she could at least protect herself from STDs & pregnancy. When asked if a rapist would stop to put on the condom she replied;"I think if a woman made the argument to her rapist that this could protect HIM from prosecution due to a lack of seminal evidence he would go along with it" ( I am NOT making this up). Later in that evening she loudly accused me of being a "biggot" and "culturally insensitive" because I do not like the taste of cilantro and asked the waitress to have the chef prepare my plate without it.  

There are some F'up people in Wisconsin!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I once met a woman from Madison,WI who actually stated to a group of people that it is immoral to carry a gun for ANY reason. She stated that even in a rape situation it would be wrong to use "that kind of force" to halt the attack. She advocated carrying a condom or femdom instead. Her logic; if a woman were raped she could at least protect herself from STDs & pregnancy. When asked if a rapist would stop to put on the condom she replied;"I think if a woman made the argument to her rapist that this could protect HIM from prosecution due to a lack of seminal evidence he would go along with it" ( I am NOT making this up). Later in that evening she loudly accused me of being a "biggot" and "culturally insensitive" because I do not like the taste of cilantro and asked the waitress to have the chef prepare my plate without it.  

Holy shit!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:49:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Move to Texas

No snow
You can get a CHL
etc...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:57:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Cross the St, Croix!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's it, I've lost all hope for the future.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:26:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's it, I've lost all hope for the future.

Whoa... +2

But I've heard it argued that only deadly force would warrant deadly force, I think Shield24 argued that point on this board, 2 days ago? The logic he used (not his own apparently, but the points of law) was that someone charging you with intent of pulverizing you was not enough to shoot. Either, you run like hell OR... Only after getting your face bashed in and having no other choice, could you reach and draw

Therefore same person charging at you with intent to rape would equally not be enough reason to shoot. Apparently. Maybe laws are different for women, I dunno.

Me, I TOTALLY disagree, anyone charging at me for any fucking reason, (who is reasonably percieved as a threat) is a good enough reason to stop the threat... by whatever means necessary, anything less defies all logic.

This chick you talked to sounds like she welcomes rapists and carries condoms around for their convienience  I mean, even someone anti-gun would advocate something like pepper spray or self-defense classes... this woman seems like she just spreads wide!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Later in that evening she loudly accused me of being a "biggot" and "culturally insensitive" because I do not like the taste of cilantro and asked the waitress to have the chef prepare my plate without it.  

What culture does cilantro have?    What a nutcase.

You just hurt that herb's feelings!  Cilantro plants are people too!  Oh wait....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:54:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yep, sounds about right. Let me guess? She was a hippy college student, probably attending UW Madison?

We've got a lot of real brain dead people around here
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

all I can say is wow
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:11:33 AM EDT
[#11]
We the people of Minnesota would love to trade laws. You can have our CCW and we'll take your Class III!

Deal?

Sua Sponte,
Prib
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I am sorry to hear that.  Sounds like a couple of assemblymen received a bunch of pressure from some big liberal groups to change their original votes. What a shame, just 2 votes shy.  What a bunch of panty wastes.

Wisconsans' should try again next year.  Keep trying, dont give up  - and most of all - vote to remove those pussy assemblymen out of office in the next election.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Wiskonsin?

My God.  Hate the politics; hate the Dem flippers; but don't start the "k" crap like some people try with California.  Unless you're the kind of person who runs a business named Katy's Kitty Karousel, or Kevin's Kamping Korral.  (In which case, have some cilantro.)

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:17:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Wisconsin is the dumbass neighbor
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Call your state Republican office and find out what they are going to do to defeat the Democrat politicians who are obstructing your right to self defense.  Then help them.

G
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:30:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Yup Milwaukee and Madison are the reason  we have Kohl, Feingold,  Doyle....These guys really bring down this otherwise decent state.

Kinda like Canada ay....ALL the people there live by the  rules  made by the people living in Montreal and  Toronto.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:14:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Feingold has come to UWRF many times.  Two years ago I had to go cover his appearance as an assignment for class.  After his speech was over, people were rushing to touch him as if he were Jesus Christ himself!

[the Dems] It's our savior.......I *need* to touch his cloak!!!!

Yes, there are some really dumb libs here.

krfan1
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:23:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I hope that woman uses BC.  We need to keep that type from passing on her genetics.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Did you call her a slut for being prepared to it give away to any guy who'll punch her the face, throw her to the ground and drag her into a dark alley by the hair to have his way with her?

If she's carrying condoms in preparation for rape and planning on talking to her rapist about safe responsible sex(back alley pillow talk? forplay?)....sounds like that is the only action she's getting so she's looking forward to it

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top