Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/21/2015 1:23:02 AM EDT
The balls were under inflated by two pounds of pressure.  Breaking on ESPN now.

Cheaters!

Go Hawks!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:23:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Hasn't this been in the news for a few days?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:25:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't have really made that much of a difference. The Colts suck.

GO PATS!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hasn't this been in the news multiple threads for a few days?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:25:40 AM EDT
[#4]
What else is new?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:25:55 AM EDT
[#5]
may I recommend you give this a try OP.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Wat?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wouldn't have really made that much of a difference. The Colts suck.

GO PATS!
View Quote

That is really irrelevant if they did in fact cheat.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#8]
lol

Keep making up excuses for the pathetic performance.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:31:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:35:56 AM EDT
[#10]
My balls are over inflated by two pounds.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#11]
If the reports are true, the offending balls were removed by officials at half time. Then the Pats really kicked it into gear and put up how many TDs after only 2 with the "bad" balls?

Suck it, haters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:41:14 AM EDT
[#12]

gronk is the man
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:41:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I prefer the term "Deflatriots", if you please.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:43:32 AM EDT
[#14]
snort
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:45:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm betting that the Pats do like what Rodgers said the Packers do - inflate the balls the way they like it (Rodgers like theirs to be inflated over the NFL limit, for example) and give them to the officials before the game, and if the officials let them through, fine.

I'm guessing the officials either did a piss-poor job checking, and adjusting, the balls before the game, or just didn't give a shit. I seriously doubt anyone was on the sideline with a gauge reaching i to the zipped ball bag adjusting the balls down to 11 psi in front of God, fans, officials, and cameras. Seriously. This is a load of horseshit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:52:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm betting that the Pats do like what Rodgers said the Packers do - inflate the balls the way they like it (Rodgers like theirs to be inflated over the NFL limit, for example) and give them to the officials before the game, and if the officials let them through, fine.

I'm guessing the officials either did a piss-poor job checking, and adjusting, the balls before the game, or just didn't give a shit. I seriously doubt anyone was on the sideline with a gauge reaching i to the zipped ball bag adjusting the balls down to 11 psi in front of God, fans, officials, and cameras. Seriously. This is a load of horseshit.
View Quote

pretty much, haha and this coming from a guy who lives in seahawk territory
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:53:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I heard that somewhere
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:56:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NH born and raised... in the White Mountains is where I spent most of my days...
Fishin' and huntin' and actin' all cool, smoking cigarettes outside of the school...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:59:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

NH born and raised... in the White Mountains is where I spent most of my days...
Fishin' and huntin' and actin' all cool, smoking cigarettes outside of the school...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that explains it
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:13:26 AM EDT
[#21]
If I remember correctly, the last time they cheated, they went 18-1. The only game they lost, was the one that counted the most. New York Giants upset the Patriots 17-14
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:31:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Pardon my football ignorance, but what would a slightly under inflated ball do? I could see the kicker maybe having trouble but what else?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pardon my football ignorance, but what would a slightly under inflated ball do? I could see the kicker maybe having trouble but what else?
View Quote

Makes the ball easier to grip.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I think New England's ass whooping on Indy was little to do with the ball itself.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:49:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I gotta go with who gives a shit on this one. Everyone sets the ball the way they want to. We did it in highschool, everyone does it in college, and everyone most likely does it in the pros. Shit, kickers and quarterbacks even set balls different than eachother on the same team. I mean even kickers set balls different in different situations; some guys will change balls depending on a kick off or a field goal.  I'm not a pats fan, but if this was any other team this wouldn't even be in the news and nobody would give a shit.

Go Niners by the way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Who gives a shit? Did they steal the Colts play book?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was raining, balls are slick, hard balls make them harder to catch.  Deflate them, easier to grab, explains Cheatriots 'really turning it on in the 2nd half.'  And no the balls were not removed at half time, only one.  Which is what caused the investigation.

They should be kicked from the SB, dont care if Indy does suck.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Dupe thread bump
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Don't underinflated balls get found all the time in NFL games?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:23:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Proball makes up it's own rules to sell tickets anyway.  Why care if the rules are followed or not.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#32]
I have a question (or four, apparently). Each team provides 12 balls (or something, I think that's what the number was) who's to say that the colts weren't using the under inflated balls? Do they switch them out each time the other team takes over? How would you know which ball was which by the second quarter. They switch them all the time don't they?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a Packer fan, I don't blame the Seahawks for our loss. I blame the people who have been rigging the NFL since Super Bowl III and probably before. It's entertainment of athletic abilities, that's all. Good luck to both teams. Only the bookies and owners know who's going to win. $They are$.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Once a cheater always a cheater.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Wouldn't that mean the Colts cheated as well?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#36]

At least one career veteran official handles every ball before every snap.  If they can not detect a soft ball then there likely is not one.  This is whining for sake of whining.....

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Micking balls are league-supplied and different.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have a question (or four, apparently). Each team provides 12 balls (or something, I think that's what the number was) who's to say that the colts weren't using the under inflated balls? Do they switch them out each time the other team takes over? How would you know which ball was which by the second quarter. They switch them all the time don't they?
View Quote

Yes. Each team uses their own balls on offensive series. The only times one team winds up with the other's ball is on turnovers and kicks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Just curious, but wouldn't the Colts have used the same balls too?  Does each team have balls only they use?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Wouldn't the colts have used those same balls during the game?

Didn't seem to help them much.

EDIT: fucking beat.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#41]

This meme sucks, and why are you posting it in every thread? It doesn't even work with this at all even if it was considered good.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just curious, but wouldn't the Colts have used the same balls too?  Does each team have balls only they use?
View Quote

No...didn't catch the game, but apparently the Pats used under inflated balls and the Colts used balls that were the wrong color....they couldn't see them.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Who gives a shit?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#44]
BFD, they all do it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

No each team uses its own balls.
11 out of 12 balls were underinflated
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#46]
meh. football is overrated
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm still going with the probablility that the officials who checkthe balls before, during, and after the games basically let the balls through and mark them as "OK", as long as they ain't totally funky and messed up. Every QB has their own preference - over-inflated, under-inflated, right in the middle inflated, beat to shit, brand new, etc, and as long as the ball isn't too effed up, let 'em play. I'm basing this on things other team players - Packers, Giants, etc - have been quoted in the media as saying in recent years.

I'm betting the NFL is pissed to learn this is happening. But, because it's the Pats, it's a BIG FREAKIN DEAL.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#48]
SPYGATE!!!  

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#49]
I guess the question now is, what will come of this??? Replay the Pats/Colts game, fine, big hoopla then die out???
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Four days before the biggest game of his life, quarterback Brad Johnson broke an NFL rule to help the Bucs win Super Bowl XXXVII.

At 34, Johnson had developed a few compulsions during his career. He changed his socks and shoes every quarter, and over the course of a game he replaced everything but his pants. Johnson always sweated profusely, and he liked the clean, dry feeling.

This was particularly true when it came to footballs. He had trouble gripping a wet football, a cold football or a new, out-of-the-box football.

It had been enough of a problem during the NFC title game in Philadelphia the week before — where it was 26 degrees at kickoff — that he was forced to wear a glove.

"I wouldn't have been able to play without it," he said.

At the Super Bowl, the NFL had 100 footballs. They were new, slick and supposedly under the league's watchful eye. But not leaving anything to chance, Johnson made sure the balls were scuffed and ready well before the Dixie Chicks sang the national anthem.

"I paid some guys off to get the balls right," Johnson now admits. "I went and got all 100 footballs, and they took care of all of them."

How much did it cost Johnson? "Seventy-five hundred (dollars)," he said.

"They took care of them."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-qb-johnson-paid-to-have-footballs-altered-before-sb-37/2214490

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top