User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2001 9:53:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:53:54 AM EDT
[#1]
"... by the troops"?  Doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry maybe it's because I haven't had sleep but I don't understand how that relates to being Politicaly Correct [tm].
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe the PCness comes from the word Fox which of course can refer to a good-looking woman.  It baffles me how "Foxhole" can mean anything other than a hole in the ground, but to the PC crowd, it's all about perception, and little to do with reality.

I think that's what irks me the most about this kind of crap.  They take a benign term that has been around for decades or centuries with no offensive connotation whatsoever.  Then they apply a vague modern or completely unrelated reference and somehow find offense.  Remember the "Niggardly Affair"?  The word has absolutely nothing to do with black people, but thanks to uneducated morons, someone almost lost their job over it and now it's unPC to say.  Sigh.

LL
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I am offended by your use of the word Retard

I think we can all be a little more sensitive that that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#6]
This whole post is offensive.  I am going to go back to holding hands and singing.  And if you touch the poor little animals or trees, I am going to rip your arms off and beat you with them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Great, now I'm offended that you will rip off peoples arms.  I'm also offended on your belt-fed statement.  What about people wearing suspenders and no belts? [;)] [:D]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Remember the "Niggardly Affair"?  The word has absolutely nothing to do with black people, but thanks to uneducated morons, someone almost lost their job over it and now it's unPC to say.
View Quote

He [B]DID[/b] lose his job.  After the whole thing got publicized they had to hire the guy back because of the uproar.  But yes, the world is full of morons and we must all tread lightly upon them before they start running around throwing feces like their primate cousins.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am offended by your use of the word Retard

I think we can all be a little more sensitive that that.
View Quote

How about mentally challenged?  Man, I hope I spelled mentally right.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember the "Niggardly Affair"?  The word has absolutely nothing to do with black people, but thanks to uneducated morons, someone almost lost their job over it and now it's unPC to say.
View Quote

He [B]DID[/b] lose his job.  After the whole thing got publicized they had to hire the guy back because of the uproar.  But yes, the world is full of morons and we must all tread lightly upon them before they start running around throwing feces like their primate cousins.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

Now, that was a tar baby.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I am offended by your name and also by your rude manner, I was just trying to support the animals.  

Also, the beltfed statement is unjust because I wear suspenders sometimes, and you didn't say anything about redheads.

You politically-incorrect gunowner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top